none
Subform in Access 2010

Question

• I have been using an Access 2007 database for years and decided to upgrade to Access 2010. Now a subform within the a form won't allow me to update tthe subform's records.  Everything still works in Access 2007.

Is there an option in Access 2010 that I need to change? 

Thanks,

Wayne

Monday, August 23, 2010 4:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Wayne,

Are you opening the same database and the same subform in Access 2007 and Access 2010?  Try checking the “allow edits” property of the subform and make sure it is set to Yes.  Also, try to edit records in the subform’s underlying table or query and see if you see the same problem there.  If the subform is based on a query, could you post the SQL?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
    Nathan Ost
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Monday, August 30, 2010 2:05 AM
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 3:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Wayne,

Are you opening the same database and the same subform in Access 2007 and Access 2010?  Try checking the “allow edits” property of the subform and make sure it is set to Yes.  Also, try to edit records in the subform’s underlying table or query and see if you see the same problem there.  If the subform is based on a query, could you post the SQL?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
    Nathan Ost
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Monday, August 30, 2010 2:05 AM
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 3:20 AM
  • I'm having the same problem.  We've just been upgraded to Access 2010 and my subform has stopped working. 

It seems that the child ID (the foreign key) in the subform has a null value.  If I enter data into the subform, it doesn't recognise the association with the parent ID.  So when I go back into the form, the data I have just entered in the subform has disappeared.  When I look at the underlying tables, it has remembered the data, but has not associated it with the parent ID.

I've tried adjusting the properties, or re-adding the subform, but I get the following error message:

The LinkMasterFields property setting has produced this error: 'The object doesn't contain the Automation object Project."

Is this a known bug and does anyone have a solution?

Friday, November 25, 2011 12:18 PM