none
Missing Office Word

Question

• Hi,

One of our client experiencing some issues in word.  When open any document (print layout, web layout, outline etc.) some of the text is missing in the document opened.  If try to use Select All > Copy > Paste then it shows all the contents of the document.  Again, there is another issue. The printout gets what we see in the document initially... meaning the document with missing text...  Can anybody help on this with urgent basis.  Please note that the system with Window 7 and Office 2007. We did install Office 2010 in the same computer and problem still persists. 

Thx - IKAN 

Sunday, December 05, 2010 10:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• If this happens with a particular document, only, I'd suspect document corruption. See  http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Monday, December 06, 2010 2:19 AM
    Sunday, December 05, 2010 2:17 PM
  • Just noticed that the trouble in Arabic documents only and not in all documents but some of them.  There is no issues on the documents in other than Arabic texts.

Thx

-IKAN-

Sunday, December 05, 2010 2:37 PM
  • Are those problem documents using a particular font? In that case, a damaged font may be the source of the problem.

Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP

"IKAN" wrote in message news:8e08b748-628a-49fe-909a-019d9d0a2572@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Just noticed that the trouble in Arabic documents only and not in all documents but some of them.  There is no issues on the documents in other than Arabic texts.

Thx

-IKAN-

Sunday, December 05, 2010 2:48 PM
  • BIG ThumbsUp... I have changed the font to "Arabic Transparent" and it shows all the texts.

Thx

-IKAN-

Sunday, December 05, 2010 2:56 PM
  • I'm glad I could help.

Sunday, December 05, 2010 3:16 PM