none
Office 2010 - Copy, Cut, and Paste not working

Question

• Firstly, I am on a corporate domain and most of our users are using Windows 7 with the Office 2010 suite, both of which contain the most current updates. My problem is that some users are unable to copy and paste from one application to another. For instance, User A is unable to copy or cut cells from Excel by either right-clicking and selecting the option, or by keyboard shortcuts and then pasting into another area of the same document or any other document like notepad. User B, cannot complete the same operation in Outlook from email to email or from email to lets say, Word.

However, and it's a big HOWEVER, none of this happens while the browser is closed. I have seen this with all three of the major browsers, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome. So all functionality comes back with the copy and paste once the browser is closed, and if you reopen the browser the problem reappears as if the browser takes over the clipboard.

If anyone has a solution or suggestion your feedback would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Kris

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 7:48 PM

Answers

• The Skype Click to Call browser add-on is the most likely culprit. Uninstall this add-on from the Programs and Features control panel. You may have to restart Windows to see the effect.

(You do *not* have to uninstall Skype itself!)

Microsoft is aware of the problem and is currently investigating it.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:26 PM

All replies

• The Skype Click to Call browser add-on is the most likely culprit. Uninstall this add-on from the Programs and Features control panel. You may have to restart Windows to see the effect.

(You do *not* have to uninstall Skype itself!)

Microsoft is aware of the problem and is currently investigating it.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:26 PM
  • This uninstall appears to be a temporary fix, however, does not work for all users. For now, they will be using Firefox as their alternative.Thanks for your response.
    Tuesday, April 03, 2012 11:58 AM
  • MMA_Junkie,

Skype has released a new version of Click to Run (http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/click-to-call/windows/). Skype will do a silent upgrade to existing customers to fix the problem. The build that will fix this issue is 5.11.0.9874.
    Microsoft has also released a KB article that addresses the situation (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2697462)

Article ID: 2697462 - Last Review: April 18, 2012 - Revision: 4.0

You can no longer use the Clipboard to paste text formatting in Office programs

• Proposed as answer by harewood Wednesday, May 16, 2012 2:13 PM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 2:13 PM
  • I had same problems and it was solve with skype click to call add on.

download updated version of skype click to call add on and your problem is solved.

more information click  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2697462

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 5:16 AM
  • I confirm that the culprit is Skype Click to Call. In my case, since I wasn't using the facility, I simply disabled the add-on from Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs -> Manage Add-Ons -> Toolbars and Extensions. Problem was immediately resolved without having to restart my PC.
    Tuesday, August 07, 2012 8:57 AM
  • I have Office 2007 and my paste option is not behaving properly after I updated my Skype. I remove Skype and click to call yet my problem with paste not working properly has not resolved itself. Suggestions? IS there another fix???
    Friday, September 07, 2012 9:51 PM
  • Did you reboot your computer after uninstalling Skype Click to Call?

Regards, Hans Vogelaar

Friday, September 07, 2012 10:09 PM