none
Unable to Login via Lync for Android

Question

• Iam trying to sign in to Lync via Lync for Android. I am having Galaxy S2.

I am getting the following error though:

This version of lync has been blocked by your system administrator..

Any ideas?? 

Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

check whether you have client version policies applied in Lync control pannel. and have logging enabled in android client and check for possible root cause.

I assume that you already deployed Lync MCX to support mobile clients. 

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2 Z-Hire -- Automate IT Account creation process ( AD / Exchange / Lync )

Sunday, February 26, 2012 7:12 AM
  • 1st question, are you the administrator? If not please talk to you administrator as they may have blocked the client.

If you are, and are having issues, do other clients work? e.g. iphone. also can you run the mobile test on testocsconnectivity.com

thanks

Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Join over 300 UC Pros who subscribe for blog updates: Email or RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot

Monday, February 27, 2012 12:25 AM
  • Hi,

Please check if the mobility client version is blocked in your lync control panel. The user agent of mobility service is MCX in the Lync control panel.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, February 27, 2012 8:17 AM
  • I have the same situation, on android devices. However I also have several WM devices, and works just fine on them.

Monday, March 12, 2012 9:33 AM
  • thamaras response above can help

"check whether you have client version policies applied in Lync control pannel. and have logging enabled in android client and check for possible root cause. "

Regards Herbert Zimbizi

Monday, March 12, 2012 1:39 PM
  • Found out..Lync for android is disabled by my administrator.

Mike

Sunday, March 17, 2013 3:05 AM
  • We are having the same problem.  Android users are unable to connect with either the 2010 or 2013 clients from the Google play store.   When they authenticate, it says "This  version of Lync has been blocked by your system administrator.  Please check for updates or contact your support team."

Am I to understand that by default, Offcie 365 cloud hosted Lync has the mobility client version blocked in the Lync control panel by default?  If so, how do I change that How do you access the Lync control panel?  we are using Office 365 cloud hosted services.  I don't see that option in the online management.

Thanks

Friday, October 18, 2013 6:59 PM