none
How to merge two Outlook 2010 pst data files?

Answers

All replies

• Easy way: with the one you want to use open in Outlook and the other one not in your profile, go to File, Open, Import.

If you only want to merge some content, open both pst files in outlook and drag between folders. For calendar, use a list view to see all of the appointments.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook Daily Tips | Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter

Saturday, June 23, 2012 8:47 PM
  • Thanks! This worked for me.

Monday, June 25, 2012 5:47 PM
  • Other way you can do it with a tool available online. You can find it out from here http://www.pstmerge.msoutlooktools.com/

• Proposed as answer by Christina Marley Friday, June 14, 2013 7:25 AM
    • Edited by Andyy247 Monday, February 24, 2014 6:11 AM Provide updated version
    Friday, March 15, 2013 5:43 AM

• I think I am too late for answering this question but I want to share my opinion regarding this problem because this will be helpful for other users.

Suppose you have multiple .pst files and wants to merge them into one single .pst file then you can easily do this by any application. I would like to suggest you this site: http://imagineapplication.blogspot.in/2013/06/how-to-merge-pst-file.html
    Utility available on this location will also help you to merge other Outlook pst items like contacts, tasks, db-journal, .oab, .dat, .FAV, .srs etc. You can also remove duplicates via this utility and it also provides you a choice to include/exclude deleted Outlook .pst files.

You can easily consolidate all emails into singular Inbox, Sent, Deleted, Contact and Calendar files.

Friday, June 14, 2013 7:22 AM
  • I set up my new office 2010 Outlook first and it delivered email from the past few days into the new program. Meanwhile, I put my .pst file from my old computer/outlook into the new outlook folder and renamed the new .pst file (new) when I re-opened 2010 outlook, all my (old) .pst data was there, but none of the new emails.

I opened the other renamed (new) file, but it was empty? I also tried to import from it, but keep getting a message about "importing to a location that doesn't support Unicode, .... lose multilingual data.... choose location that supports unicode......"

Sunday, July 21, 2013 6:01 PM
  • Thanks, worked perfectly.
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 1:03 AM