none
"Mailbox is full"

Question

• Everytime someone tries to email me to my Outlook adress, they receive a "Mailbox is full: retry timeout exceeded" message. I even e-mailed myself accidentally from Outlook and got the exact same message. Apparently, it is "a permanent error." I want to say it's an issue with data storage but I've cleaned out most of mailbox and STILL keep getting the message (as do individuals trying to message me). The account is for my business and it is important I get those e-mails. Any ideas as to whom I may contact or what I can do? For reference, I'm on Outlook 2007.

Thank you!

-Gail

Monday, September 26, 2011 1:36 PM

Answers

• Hi

No need to delete emails again, because you are having only 7MB of emails in your mailbox. Still no one is able to send emails to you?

Here after, instead of deleting emails, archive the emails for future reference if you wish. Outlook - File - Archive..

Kindly past the error message if the issue appears again..

Thank you

Monday, September 26, 2011 7:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Gail,

You will get those emails if the set mailbox limit exceeds. To check, you have to know what is the limit set at the server side?

To check your curent status of your account.

Click on the folder Icon on the left bottom corner of outlook  and select folder size as below. check whether local data and server data are showing correct size. if server size is high, scroll down and see which folder is having high voulme of emails, then you can login to webmail and delete the unwanted contents

Also you can contact you system admin for more details on reducing the mailbox size from Sync issue or outbox folder. which is not appearing in your current outlook profile

Monday, September 26, 2011 6:29 PM
  • Oh! I didn't even know about this! Thank you so much!

So I checked and got this:

What does this mean? Do I have to start deleting emails?

Thanks again!

Monday, September 26, 2011 7:14 PM
  • Hi

No need to delete emails again, because you are having only 7MB of emails in your mailbox. Still no one is able to send emails to you?

Here after, instead of deleting emails, archive the emails for future reference if you wish. Outlook - File - Archive..

Kindly past the error message if the issue appears again..

Thank you

Monday, September 26, 2011 7:21 PM
  • I am having a similar issue   but could not find the file size in the manner you described above....  I did however find it under Inbox Properties  ( General  then Folder Size ) My Local File size is approximately 185000 KB and my service file size is approximately 176000 KB   Do I need to do anything?

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 12:38 AM