none
installation error 1907 could not register font

Question

• when installing office 2010 pro.  at the end of the cycle I get a error 1907 could not register font.  I am installing as the administrator with full rights.  I have checked the registry properties for rights as well.  still when I open one of the applications, I get the saame error.
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

From your description, I would suggest to try the following method:

Note: The following scan process may ask you to insert the operating system disc that you originally installed from, so you need to have that nearby.

1.Browse for Start --> Programs --> Accessories.

2.Right Click on Command Prompt.

3.Click Run As:

4.Click The Following User and enter the credentials of a system administrator. and click OK.

5.In the command window, type:
    SFC /SCANNOW

6.Allow the system to scan and reboot if it asks you to. The scan may also ask you to
    insert the operating system disc that you originally installed from, so you need to have that nearby.

After this scan is completed, please try to reinstall Office 2010.

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely

Rex Zhang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, September 30, 2011 3:25 AM

All replies

• You didnt mention what OS you are installing on, but if its Server 2008 or Vista you may want to have a look here

http://pcsupport.about.com/b/2010/04/28/microsoft-releases-fix-for-could-not-register-font-error-1907-when-installing-office-2010-on-windows-vista-or-server-2008.htm

Regards, ~P MCSE, MCITP, MCTS, MCP, CCNA
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:44 PM
  • Sorry,  Windows 7 Professional.

I had the 64 bit version installed and ran into issues with our VOIP software.  Their recomendation was to use the 32 bit version as they didn't support the 64 bit version of Office Professional.  I did an uninstall, which is where everything started.

First I couldn't install the 32 bit version because the uninstall routine doesn't uninstall everything.  So I used the Fixit 50450 from this site.  That got rid of everything alright.  Now I am at this point.  The Office software installed with way too many of these " a error 1907 could not register font " .

The individual programs will start, but I get several of these same errors before the programs will run.  Quite disturbing really.

I really don't wish to scrub my machine to make it work as I believe there has to be a fix.

Ken

Thursday, September 29, 2011 12:22 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

From your description, I would suggest to try the following method:

Note: The following scan process may ask you to insert the operating system disc that you originally installed from, so you need to have that nearby.

1.Browse for Start --> Programs --> Accessories.

2.Right Click on Command Prompt.

3.Click Run As:

4.Click The Following User and enter the credentials of a system administrator. and click OK.

5.In the command window, type:
    SFC /SCANNOW

6.Allow the system to scan and reboot if it asks you to. The scan may also ask you to
    insert the operating system disc that you originally installed from, so you need to have that nearby.

After this scan is completed, please try to reinstall Office 2010.

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely

Rex Zhang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Friday, September 30, 2011 3:25 AM
  • not working in my windows 7 x64 still no change

SFC /SCANNOW 100%

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 2:02 PM
  • Dear Sir

i have the same error 1907 could not register font and  SFC /SCANNOW has not working and they stop on 92 and 93 given below:

C:\Users\Administrator>SFC /SCANNOW

Beginning system scan.  This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 93% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of th
    em.
    Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
    C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

C:\Users\Administrator>

pls reply urgent 

Thanks

Monday, June 04, 2012 8:58 AM
  • I have the same problem, mine is stopping at 85%.....did you find any answers to this??

Thanks,

Monday, July 02, 2012 10:33 PM
  • Hi,

here the solution:

Create a temporary folder,

Search file OWOW64WW.cab, ProPsWW.cab and ProPsWW2.cab in your MS Office installation source,

copy that files to your temporary folder, extract them all using Winrar or 7-zip,

find the font file with .ttf extension.

Copy all the font file in to folder in C:\Windows\Font\   (overwrite all).

then reinstall your Office 2010.

its' work for me..

• Proposed as answer by A'bana Idank Wednesday, July 04, 2012 11:07 AM
    Wednesday, July 04, 2012 11:07 AM
  • i don't understand your solution please explain in detail. - -*
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:50 AM
  • I tried this solution:

C:\Users\Administrator>SFC /SCANNOW

and doesn´t work.

after I tried this:

Search file OWOW64WW.cab, ProPsWW.cab and ProPsWW2.cab in your MS Office installation source,

copy that files to your temporary folder, extract them all using Winrar or 7-zip,

find the font file with .ttf extension.

Copy all the font file in to folder in C:\Windows\Font\   (overwrite all).

and doesn´t work.

The real solution is copy all the fonts from other computer and  paste them on the computer when you want install office and this really works for me.

• Proposed as answer by Le Van Doan Sunday, November 03, 2013 2:54 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Le Van Doan Sunday, November 03, 2013 2:54 PM
    • Proposed as answer by ANISH NAYAK Tuesday, April 08, 2014 6:27 PM
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:19 PM
  • Hey i have also same kind of problem but i have try all way to fix the error. i have solved this problem. 
    follow this link you will helpful for this problem..... 
    http://msuschat.microsoftsupport.us/

• Edited by ANISH NAYAK Tuesday, April 08, 2014 6:30 PM
    Tuesday, April 08, 2014 6:28 PM