none
setup cannot find Proofing.en-us\Proof.en\Proof.cab

Question

• Hi,

I've run into this problem. Trying to install Office Professional Plus 2013 on my upgraded Win 8 Pro. I uninstalled Office 2010 before trying to install Office Professional Plus 2013. However, the setup bombs out when it gives the following:

Setup cannot find Proofing.en-us\Proof.en\Proof.cab. Browse to a valid installation source and then click OK.

I did a search for this file and initially did not find it. Then from the ISO image copied it manually to where I had expanded my office setup files. Still shows up as "Invalid Location".

Note, I downloaded the software from my technet subscription so I should not be having a beta copy. Both the proof.cab and proof.msi files are there along with some other files. I'm totally stuck. Any help will be appreciated.

Vikas.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 12:01 AM

All replies

• I've had this issue for weeks, no idea whats going on.
    Friday, November 16, 2012 11:31 PM
  • I had this happen too when I tried to install the "<label class="description" id="description1">Office Professional Plus 2013 (x64) - DVD (English)</label>" version.  I then tried the "<label class="description" id="description0">Office Professional Plus 2013 (x86 and x64) - DVD (English)" version instead and it worked fine.</label>
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:00 AM
  • For future searchers - just had this happen on 2010 and found this which worked:

http://blog.ryantadams.com/2008/07/12/solution-cannot-find-proofingen-us-error-when-installing-office-2007/

• Proposed as answer by NinjaDynamo Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:50 PM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:50 PM
  • I am having this same problem. I have re-downloaded the ISO from the MSDN subscriber downloads site and it still fails with this error. G-damn.
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:24 PM