none
Outlook won't open

Question

• I'm using Office 365 and my outlook won't open. The small blue box, just says processing and it hangs...
    Monday, March 11, 2013 2:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

To troubleshoot this issue, we can remove all Outlook profiles and re-create a new profile to see if any improvement. You can refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

Also you can try to configure one exchange online account in one profile and disable all Outlook add-ins to see if it works.

Jaynet Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:30 AM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem. I'd added a new profile (gmail), and then it opened with no problem. after that, I'd deleted old profile and added my exchange account. I received a message something like "taking local outlook items etc", then it turns into the beginning. Now It  just says processing and it hangs!
    Thanks, P.S. I also disabled all add-ins

Friday, January 17, 2014 2:31 PM
  • I have tried same thing. I deleted my whole profile from outlook and recreated the profile.  After it downloaded all the emails from Office365 exchange account, it started to hang on process when i open the outlook but when I open the outlook in safe mode it works perfectly fine. but it won't even open in normal mode.  Safe mode won't allow me to disable the Add-ins.

Please let me know how can i disable the Add-ins when my outlook is not even opening in normal mode.

Thursday, April 03, 2014 5:58 PM