none
Outlook 2013 - MS Outlook has stopped working... (sending Email)

Question

• Hi everyone, this one is extremely frustrating and hoping you can help.

My colleague has Outlook 2013 running on Win7 Pro. There are two different mail account, both Exchange server.

Everything works fine except Sending mail. Every time we attempt to send an Email Outlook crashes with the following error:

"Microsoft Outlook has stopped working... A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

I say every time, but it has occasionally sent Email. Never more than once after starting up Outlook and most often, never.

The accounts work for using OWM. The accounts work fine configured identically on a different PC.

Tried Safe Mode. No help

Uninstalled all AV software. No help

Ran Office Repair (both Quick and Full). No help

Short of completely uninstalling Office, re-installing and recreating the profile from scratch (which I would like to avoid) I'm not sure what else to try!

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Friday, November 29, 2013 7:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In case there's a corruption in your Outlook Data File, please try to repair the data file(.pst or .ost) and check the result:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272227

If you have setup two different Exchange Accounts in one Profile, please try to remove one from the profile, create a new profile to setup the account.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918/en-us

Check if the issue persists with two different Profiles.

Regards.

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 02, 2013 2:48 AM
  • Thanks for replying!

I tried the Repair tool with no luck. It did find "internal errors" in the OST files but after repairing, it still crashes.

Interesting update. I tried deleting the OST files in the Outlook folder to force it to re-sync with Exchange. After re-opening Outlook, I was able to send Email WHILE it was in the process of syncing. However, once it was completed syncing the crashing on send is back. Seems to suggest the data stored on the exchange server is corrupt? I don't have access to the exchange server directly but I can Email a request to the person who does. Any idea if this can be repaired at the server level?

Have not tried 2 separate profiles yet as the user really needs to be able to bounce back and forth between the 2 accounts without having to re-open Outlook each time... I suppose I could separate them for diagnostic purposes unless the above development is a better lead to chase?

Monday, December 02, 2013 12:38 PM
  • try turning off IPV6 on your network controller

Monday, April 21, 2014 6:33 AM