none
Delay in closing Microsoft Word 2010 when connected to domain

Question

• As the title stated, I have a problem regarding delay when Microsoft Word 2010 application closes. However, this only happens when the PC is connected to a network domain. When I unplug the cable or disable the network connection, Word 2010 closes at the usual speed.

The funny thing is the delay is only for Word 2010 alone. I tried with Ms Excel 2010 and also PowerPoint 2010 and they both did not experience such issues when the PC remains connected to the same network domain.

One more thing to note, I did not load a document file to open Ms Word 2010. I merely just open the application and closed it immediately.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 7:31 AM

All replies

• This might be a problem with a template or add-in. Can you start Word in Safe Mode by first exiting Word and then press and hold down the CTRL key while launching Word? You should receive a message asking to start in Safe Mode. Choose Yes and then try to reproduce the problem.

If that works please let me know and I'll send you some next steps.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Thanks! Adrian Microsoft Online Community Support
    Tuesday, December 07, 2010 6:34 PM
  • As the title stated, I have a problem regarding delay when Microsoft Word 2010 application closes. However, this only happens when the PC is connected to a network domain. When I unplug the cable or disable the network connection, Word 2010 closes at the usual speed.

The funny thing is the delay is only for Word 2010 alone. I tried with Ms Excel 2010 and also PowerPoint 2010 and they both did not experience such issues when the PC remains connected to the same network domain.

One more thing to note, I did not load a document file to open Ms Word 2010. I merely just open the application and closed it immediately.

I have the same problem. I tried what Adrian suggested and got same result: word is still closing with delay. What to do next?
    Wednesday, December 08, 2010 11:01 AM
  • I have the same problem, does anyone have a resolution?

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:18 PM