none
Outlook 2003 and Hotmail

Question

• Have set up my outlook with my hotmail accout information follow the directions to the letter but can receive emails but can not send emails receive errors

Send test email message: Outlook could not logon to the outgoing mail mail server (SMTP).  The problem could be the server name, your server may require authentication, or your server may not support SSL. Verify authentication and SSL options under More Settings.

outgoing field is smtp.live.com with this server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) box clicked and 587 in the port number have also tried it with 25 port number

How do I fix this so that I can send and receive emails  

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

From your description, you can try the Microsoft Office Outlook Hotmail Connector refers to:

1.         Download and install Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector.

2.         Restart the Outlook.

3.         Select Outlook Connector | Add a New Account... from the menu in Outlook.

4.         Type your Windows Live Hotmail address under E-mail address:.

5.         Enter your Windows Live Hotmail password under Password:.

6.         Type your name under Name:.

7.         Click OK.

8.         Click OK again.

9.         Restart Outlook.

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely

Rex Zhang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:38 AM