none
Outlook 2010 - can receive e-mails but not send them

Question

• Hello Forum,

I'm struggling to send e-mails - I get this error message:

Server error: '452 Too many recipients received this hour'

This seems very odd as I'm sending to only one address each time - thought it might be my service provider (Talk-Talk) but they assure me its not...and we have other e-mail accounts using this service without any problems..

Has anyone got any suggestions that might help? 

Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:12 PM

Answers

• UPD - I did a 'last week search' on google and found this link! http://www.talktalk.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=2549569#post2549569 This seems to have solved the problem... Tiscali... talk talk whatever name you want to give them... they dont know anything. Help desk = Nothing

So in your account settings:
    - Incoming mail server = pop.tiscali.co.uk
    - Outgoing mail server = smtp.talktalk.net

Hey!!!!

My father has been having the same problem too for two days now (we also use talk talk)

i would like to point out that he uses an old 'tiscali' email address (@tiscali.co.uk)

They also said that its nothing to do with them...

Well the system worked the whole time before........ (since having outlook 2010)

News would be good from microsoft?

Cheers

• Edited by mcler002 Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:32 PM
    • Proposed as answer by mcler002 Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Marchitect Friday, June 01, 2012 12:06 PM
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:09 PM

All replies

• No suggestions - but feel slightly reassured that it's happening to someone else as well. I can receive email -but most of those I try and send (via any of my three email address accounts) get the same '452' message. I'm also with talk talk and await a response from their tech team. It only started happening yesterday afternoon but it is very annoying.
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:08 PM
  • UPD - I did a 'last week search' on google and found this link! http://www.talktalk.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=2549569#post2549569 This seems to have solved the problem... Tiscali... talk talk whatever name you want to give them... they dont know anything. Help desk = Nothing

So in your account settings:
    - Incoming mail server = pop.tiscali.co.uk
    - Outgoing mail server = smtp.talktalk.net

Hey!!!!

My father has been having the same problem too for two days now (we also use talk talk)

i would like to point out that he uses an old 'tiscali' email address (@tiscali.co.uk)

They also said that its nothing to do with them...

Well the system worked the whole time before........ (since having outlook 2010)

News would be good from microsoft?

Cheers

• Edited by mcler002 Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:32 PM
    • Proposed as answer by mcler002 Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Marchitect Friday, June 01, 2012 12:06 PM
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:09 PM
  • We started experiencing the same problem yesterday evening - and we are also using tiscali.co.uk email accounts at TalkTalk.  Sending via webmail does not show that same problem.  Pretty convincing that TalkTalk are at fault!
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:18 PM
  • bloomin Tiscali i have been having this problem that last 2 days also, its too much a coincidence that we are all with tiscali (talktalk) and all have the same problem. i haven't been able to send emails with my mobile for 6 months now everytime i ask them they tell me they are migrating the tiscali customers to the talk talk servers and they are halfway through :( so they have been half way through since january!
    Friday, June 01, 2012 9:02 AM
  • ^^^Can i just check that everyone has tried out my solution in my first comment?!^^^

Cheers

• Edited by mcler002 Friday, June 01, 2012 9:20 AM
    Friday, June 01, 2012 9:19 AM
  • Thanks - Just done as you suggested and its working fine..Thank you!

V. disappointed with Tiscali tho.

Friday, June 01, 2012 12:08 PM