none
Receiving' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.' Can anybody supply a fix for this please?

Question

• Receiving' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'Outlook data file cannot be accessed.' Can anybody supply a fix for this please?

ms office 2010 and i'm running windows 7 proffesionsal just a personal pc no exchange server

it would appear when testing incoming and outgoing mail seems to work

just doesn't seem able to talk to data file.  

I've checked the settings and all is as it should be 

i've rebooted

i've run the "repair" program in control panel

Monday, August 08, 2011 10:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Verify that your pst-file is configured as the default in;
    File-> Account Settings-> Account Settings...-> tab Data Files

Also check here is all the configured pst-files still exist in their location.

Otherwise, recreate your mail profile via the Mail applet in Control Panel.
    See; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info
    • Marked as answer by Andrew1307 Tuesday, August 09, 2011 4:57 PM
    Tuesday, August 09, 2011 8:47 AM
  • Hi

It apears like your pst file is in a shared drive or portable disk which is not accessible now.

As informed by Roady, try to remove and re add the data files. else recreate a new outlook profile

Thank you

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 11:03 AM
  • After moving my computer to a new domain (followed by creating a new user profile) I got this error. I'm using Outlook 2010 and I have configured one Exchange account, a cuople of IMAP accounts and five pop accounts sharing one .pst. The shared file is moved from the default location to the same place as the other pst-files.

First everything works fine, but after a day or so the .pst for the pop accounts becomes unaccessable. I have tried to create a new Outlook profile which seems to works fine, but again after a while the error comes back.What may be wrong?

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 12:50 PM