none
Outlook 2010 Outgoing Emails won't send

Question

• I've been using Outlook 2010 on my Win 7 computer for about (6) months with no transmission issues. Suddenly today I cannot get any of my outbound emails to "send"; the progress bar shows it's transmitting but the email remains in my outbox. I called my cable provider and reviewed the settings and they see nothing wrong...any ideas? Thanks.
    Friday, January 27, 2012 7:32 PM

Answers

• I did update firmware on my Linksys router the day before experiencing outgoing mail issues. I believe there's a firewall in the security on the router. Either way, the oddest thing happened...I opened my Outlook yesterday afternoon to continue trouble shooting the problem and as soon as my incoming mail finished loading, the system SENT the "problem" email! No idea what caused it or what resolved it but I am now able to successfully send mail out of my Outlook again. I appreciate the help and suggestions; only wish I knew what happened so I and others (reading this post)would benefit from the fix.
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What about the configuration of the outlook mailprofile? Are you using Exchange settings or IMAP/POP Settings.

Please check the configuration if it matches the settings from your mailproviderr.

regards Thomas Paetzold visit my blog on: http://sus42.wordpress.com
    Friday, January 27, 2012 8:17 PM
  • Sorry for the delay...I use POP settings and did check with my ISP, which is Comcast Cable. They confirmed my settings are correct but my outgoing mail continues to stay put in my outbox. I don't receive any error messages either. When I click on the "send/receive" button, the transmitting box shows progress but the email continues to sit in the outbox.
    • Proposed as answer by lyndamc Monday, February 04, 2013 4:57 PM
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 12:05 AM
  • OK, thats stranke if the settings are correct Outlook will send the mail. So I think there will be mistake in configuration.

If using POP your ISP tells you the settings for the outgoing mailserver.

Is there a local firewall in progress either on the local computer or on the internet router? Is it possible that you deactivate the firewall in order to test the communication?

Troubleshooting in more detail:

Have you tried using the telnet client programm in order to check if the communication between your computer and the mailserrver is working.

Normally type telnet <serverip> <portnumber>

Your ISP will have told you both values.

regards Thomas Paetzold visit my blog on: http://sus42.wordpress.com
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 9:46 PM
  • I did update firmware on my Linksys router the day before experiencing outgoing mail issues. I believe there's a firewall in the security on the router. Either way, the oddest thing happened...I opened my Outlook yesterday afternoon to continue trouble shooting the problem and as soon as my incoming mail finished loading, the system SENT the "problem" email! No idea what caused it or what resolved it but I am now able to successfully send mail out of my Outlook again. I appreciate the help and suggestions; only wish I knew what happened so I and others (reading this post)would benefit from the fix.
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:30 PM
  • I am having the same issues after my office and operating system had to be restored.  The emails that get stuck however are replies and sometimes forwarded emails - not all of them)  New emails leave right away when I hit F9 (send).  If I drag the replys in the outbox over to draft, open it and hit send and then F9 they go  right away.  There has to be a fix to this.
    Friday, February 24, 2012 1:21 PM
  • I need help with is as well.

Answers please it's very frustrating trying to use outlook email

Monday, February 04, 2013 4:57 PM