none
Macro help : insert Controls Icon Greyed out

Question

• Hi all

using Excel 2010 Professional Plus (14.0.4536.1000 64bit), on Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

I had an old 2003 excel macro application

been asked to make some changes, new functionality etc.

opened in 2010, and made changes, sent back to client (who uses 2003) , client made further changes (added a macro button)

opened again in 2010, continued work, saved and when i re-opened, macro buttons (controls) were missing, and the insert Controls tag on ribbon menu is greyed out

the underlying macros are still in the worksheet, but i cannot add any new controls to worksheet.

any ideas?

Friday, June 18, 2010 8:12 AM

Answers

• If Jennifer's answer doesn't help, you might try the following:

1. Can you open the VBA editor in that workbook? (Developer menu item, Visual Basic button in the 'Code' section or just hit ALT+F11)

2. If the VBA editor opens, check to see that the sheet security has not been reduced by clicking File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings button > ActiveX Settings and make sure 'Disable all controls without notification' has not been selected.

Will

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 11:44 PM

All replies

• Have you tried to start excel in safe mode [hold ctrl key while startup] to see if it works?

And also see this article:http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/toolbars.htm

Monday, June 21, 2010 8:58 AM
  • If Jennifer's answer doesn't help, you might try the following:

1. Can you open the VBA editor in that workbook? (Developer menu item, Visual Basic button in the 'Code' section or just hit ALT+F11)

2. If the VBA editor opens, check to see that the sheet security has not been reduced by clicking File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings button > ActiveX Settings and make sure 'Disable all controls without notification' has not been selected.

Will

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 11:44 PM