none
Outlook 2013 will not open

Question

• Whenever I try to open Outlook 32-bit under Windows 8, I get a message that Outlook has Stopped Working. "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly" Then I am invited to Close Program. next I can start in Safe Mode. A Home profile is offered and I have set it as the default profile. Trying to launch me true .pst fails the program and asks me to repair the installation, which does nothing and the cycle starts again.

When I work with the Home Profile, I do get mail, but no changes I make in the View are retained. Id I close and try to open again, the same failure cycle begins.

Does anyone know what IS the problem and the fix for it?

Sunday, April 07, 2013 11:09 PM

Answers

• There might be two factors may cause this issue:

1. Outlook add-ins conflict - run Outlook as the switch command-line "Outlook.exe /safe" and disable all of add-ins to check the result.

2. Data file (PST) or profile is corrupted - Run Scanpst tool for your exist PST file. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272227) or create a new PST and modify the delivery location.

Totally create a new Outlook profile and set the new one as default is also proposed. Thanks.

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 5:43 AM