none
Outlook 2010 Hotmail Connector Receive Error 0x8004102A

Question

• I had one error crop up and it's intermitten
    Any Ideas what Might be causing this Hotmail connector error 0x8004102A Hotmail account name ( Mikro ) failed to report

Any Idea's ?

I've been following the Outlook work arounds posted in Outlook Help

Posted By Mikro
    Friday, January 22, 2010 5:11 AM

All replies

• If its intermittent, its a server problem. You can try removing the account, uninstalling the connector and reinstalling, but i don't know that i would go to that much trouble if its working most of the time.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
    Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
    Friday, January 22, 2010 12:49 PM
  • If its intermittent, its a server problem. You can try removing the account, uninstalling the connector and reinstalling, but i don't know that i would go to that much trouble if its working most of the time.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
    Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com

Here's a funny thing I changed it from e-mail someone@hotmail.com which was the default name I used the name someone to name the account. When I did that is when I started getting the error.

Today I put it back No more error
    Posted By Mikro
    Friday, January 22, 2010 8:35 PM
  • The Issue crops up still too
    Posted By Mikro
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:05 PM
  • Same problem here.
    Monday, March 15, 2010 1:45 AM
  • Same again here, All I have found are suggestions to re-install outlook connector and/or reset your account details to fix the problem.
    Friday, April 23, 2010 10:37 AM
  • Just to report that I have excatly the same problem, intermittently though but more often does not work than the other way around. No obvious pattern and have tried reinstalling the connector without any difference. 64 bit office by the way.

Niclas

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 8:39 PM
  • me too....
    Friday, May 14, 2010 1:09 AM
  • and me
    Saturday, May 15, 2010 8:28 PM
  • Ok here is what I have done as a work around.

1. goto File in outlook 2010
    2. goto Account settings
    3. delete hotmail account(s)
    4. goto new and re enter details for Hotmail account(s)
    5. outlook conector should work fine for a few days
    6. error will re-appear
    7. goto 1

Note: uninstalling and re-installing the outlook connector program will make no difference as both the email address and the user Passwords are stored in Outlook  not the outlook connector program and will not be reset. 
    Need someone from the Microsoft Office team to confirm if correct or not ... Please 

Hope this is of some use to somebody :)

Sunday, May 16, 2010 1:10 AM
  • Ok here is what I have done as a work around.

1. goto File in outlook 2010
    2. goto Account settings
    3. delete hotmail account(s)
    4. goto new and re enter details for Hotmail account(s)
    5. outlook conector should work fine for a few days
    6. error will re-appear
    7. goto 1

Note: uninstalling and re-installing the outlook connector program will make no difference as both the email address and the user Passwords are stored in Outlook  not the outlook connector program and will not be reset. 
    Need someone from the Microsoft Office team to confirm if correct or not ... Please 

Hope this is of some use to somebody :)

mine:

delete live accounts, 

uninstall outlook connector

repair office 2010

install outlook connector

add live accounts.

and it's working well

• Proposed as answer by Creativitext Tuesday, June 08, 2010 2:44 AM
    Monday, May 17, 2010 12:09 AM
  • Lyu KingT - After hours of searching for a solution I found your recommendation and it worked like a charm.  Finally.  Thanks!
    Tuesday, June 08, 2010 2:46 AM
  • Lyu KingT - After hours of searching for a solution I found your recommendation and it worked like a charm.  Finally.  Thanks!
    you are welcome....
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 12:39 AM
  • I wish I could say I had the same luck but, sadly I am still getting the 4350 errors for both of my accounts at both hotmail.com and live.com I guess I can still check them online but, I will continue to search for a fix. I will follow this thread to see if any new ideas or fixes come about.... I'm optimistic still, I love the new 2010 office but, bugs occur. they'll figure it out. :)
    Sunday, June 20, 2010 1:52 AM
  • Yes Gatorbug

It seems that this error has and will be around for some time.

I have both the full RTM office 2010 pro and the beta versions running and both have the same problem with the outlook connector program. (good to see that the RTM and BETA versions are identical from what I have seen, correct me if I'm wrong)

even though the error is occuring I am still able to recieve all my hotmail in Office Outlook

I have no idea as to how to contact the office development team to find anything out or get an update about this error, any Idea's ???

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 10:37 PM
  • I have been having the same problem with the Connector. The fix suggested above worked for a few hours and now I am back to the same problem. I love to use Outlook to see all my accounts at once,  but it sucks that the Connector is not working properly. Has anyone found another way to fix this problem?
    Friday, July 16, 2010 8:40 PM
  • I never tried the Beta, but I do get the error - every time - in my Outlook 2010 on 64 bit Windows 7.  However, like de1138, it doesn't seem to actually affect me getting or sending email from my hotmail account via Outlook.
    Sunday, August 01, 2010 11:20 PM
  • I found the problem and the solution...Outlook 2010 has increased dependency upon Internet calendar (ICal) support.

Click "Calendar" in the lower left hand corner of Outlook 2010 (that is, change from "Mail Messages" to "Calendar")
    Go to Home on the top-level ribbon menu

On the ribbon, go to the "Publish Online" button (don't worry, you can control permissions)
    In the Wizard, agree to the terms, if it's okay
    Select the option to publish your "Entire Calendar"
    Select the "viewable only by people I invite" option
    Continue in the wizard
    Voila---no more error when you send/receive.

It seems that the lack of an Internet calendar was causing the error for me.

If you need the webcal:// address of your Internet calendar, then opt to publish it to someone else, just use your email to send yourself the message. If you look at the original message in your Sent items folder, it will have your Internet calendar URL.

webcals://calendars.office.microsoft.com/pubcalstorage/your_unique_identifier/Calendar_Calendar.ics

• Proposed as answer by DougTim Tuesday, August 03, 2010 6:12 PM
    Tuesday, August 03, 2010 6:11 PM
  • Nice try Doug

Unfortunatly I can not publish my entire calendar
    the option is greyed out, can only pulish upto 90 days either side of current date.

Puplishing my calendar has done nothing to stop the error from here.

It seems that for some people different solutions are working while for others it makes no difference. 

Sometimes I get a delay in getting messages from hotmail, other times its fine

I just ignore the error now day's and hope the outlook team can come up with a solution.

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 8:33 PM
  • I took have the issues on several machines all using Outlook 2010 and live.com, hotmail, officelive.com. I seem to get my email but it does not seem to be sync-ing properly.

Larry

Sunday, August 08, 2010 3:31 PM
  •  in my case, i have done the following steps:
    1 - go to set up the account
    2 - tab database
    3 - create a database for the account that has the problemma.
    Sunday, August 15, 2010 11:31 AM
  • Recently, I had come up with exactly the same error [0x8004102A ].

For my good luck, the only thing I just did was a soft-renewal in my username+password inside

Outlook 2010 Hotmail Connector

----------------->(firstly I entered a wrong password and then, the correct one) < -----------------

window and thankfully it worked! If anyone, ever, faces the same problem again just give it a try...

• Proposed as answer by mhtsos022 Wednesday, October 27, 2010 8:13 PM
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 8:13 PM
  • After searching the web I found a solution posted by "Damien_the_spirit", and it works perfect so far!

This fix is for Error 0x8DE00005 and 0x8004102A

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to your Hotmail account in your browser after you have logged on, go to accounts of your inbox by clicking you Account Name(Top right corner).
    Or use this link "https://account.live.com/ManageSSL" and log on, which should take you directly to the correct site. If the link don't work, try to log in to Hotmail and while logged in, copy/past "https://account.live.com/ManageSSL" in to the address bar to open the site and it should work.

You will find "Connect with HTTPS" far down.
    DISABLE IT!

And hopefully it will work now!

Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:51 PM
  • If you ever use open Wi-Fi, you do NOT want to disable SSL.  Anyone can sniff your password and access your Hotmail or Live.com account.
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 7:41 PM
  • The error comes up when there is a discrepancy between what's on the server and what's in Outlook. I get it as well and most often it's when I've deleted a message out of Outlook that's already been deleted from Hotmail online; Outlook can't find the message on the server and throws the error.  You can look in the "Sync Issues" folder in Outlook (have to get the "Folders" view) to look at the sync logs to find out what the exact issue is.

Unless the error is preventing you from getting your email, you can pretty much ignore it.

• Proposed as answer by Steven Buehler Friday, February 25, 2011 9:02 PM
    Friday, February 25, 2011 9:02 PM
  • Steven,

I will agree, one can go through efforts to eliminate getting the error (message) (such as described earlier in this thread but, yes it can, also, be closed & ignored... it may give the notice but, otherwise, not real (actual) grief.

Drew MS Partner / MS Beta Tester / Pres. Computer Issues Pres. Computer Issues www.drewsci.com
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 5:35 AM
  • Same issue here--outlook 2010, win 7 32bit.  Resolved by deleting live.com account in outlook and opening new one. 

Please please MS--fix this issue.  I love hotmail exchange sync--picks up contacts & calendar, not just mail.  it's why i switched from gmail/imap, but the outlook file breaks like this, it makes me want to switch back...

Sunday, March 20, 2011 8:53 PM
  • The error comes up when there is a discrepancy between what's on the server and what's in Outlook. I get it as well and most often it's when I've deleted a message out of Outlook that's already been deleted from Hotmail online; Outlook can't find the message on the server and throws the error.  You can look in the "Sync Issues" folder in Outlook (have to get the "Folders" view) to look at the sync logs to find out what the exact issue is.

Unless the error is preventing you from getting your email, you can pretty much ignore it.

Correct, what can cause this to happen are the E-mail rules you have set-up.
    I had the error for months before I discovered this fix, since then I have not seen the error:
    This worked for me

1 On the Home Tab in Outlook, click on Rules -> Manage Rules & Alerts...
    2 On the E-mail Rules tab drop down the box to the desired email account, click on Options
    3 Click on Rules Upgrade - > Upgrade now
    4 Restart Outlook

• Edited by Mick_B Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:55 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:54 AM

• I found this  to be most helpful as it clearly identified actions and outcomes of all synchronization efforts.  Though this I found that me "Deleted Items" folder were out of sync and took actions to correct them.  This cleared the original failure but not the occurrance of error(s).

Now I still get an error when synchronizing my "Deleted Items" folder, but the actual error is now different.  The following is what I am now seeing, and trying to resolve:

11:37:29 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Deleted Items'
    11:37:29 Error Synchronizing Message
    	Error: 1133
    	Server Command: DELETE
    11:37:29 	Server Id: BDA7DE62-16BE-45E7-A760-4960EEDA443A
    11:37:29 Error with Send/Receive.

All the other remedies presented in this thread were tried and as observed by many only provided temorary relief from seeing the occurrance of the error.

Interestingly, it is only the Hotmail, or Live, account with which this issue is happening.  I would have thought that this would be the least likely given the coupling of Live to Outlook's mothership!

Saturday, October 01, 2011 4:47 PM
  • I am having the same issue as DelFred since the very begining of installing Outlook 2010. Microsoft can't give me a final solution, just patch work. The problem still persists.
    Friday, March 16, 2012 8:26 PM
  • I had a failed Windows 8 Release preview and had to do a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) along with everthing else.  I reinstalled Office 2010 Pro Plus (x64) and Windows Live Essentials including the Hotmail Connector (x64).  Outlook worked perfectly with Office365.  I added my two Live accounts using the Hotmail connector and had this error: 0x8004010F: Outlook data file cannot be accessed.

I installed all the updates and service packs.  My live accounts had passwords that contain special characters including the "&" character.  On one of the accounts I changed the password on one account so that did not contain the "&" character and added that account to Outlook.  Immediately Outlook began to update the Hotmail connector.  When the update completed all accounts then worked including the ones with the "&" character in the password.

My guess is that the hotmail connector included in the package is out of date.  Many people may be getting an older version.  My control panel reports the working Outlook Hotmail Connector version as: 14.0.6106.5001

I checked another computer that I have that is working and its version is: 14.0.5139.5001

I hope this helps.

Larry

Monday, June 11, 2012 3:32 AM
  • It must be Microsoft, but they are not admitting it. I have two email accounts using the outlook connector, on 2 pc's - one with office 2007, and the other with office 2010 - both pc's running win7. Outlook connector is intermittent, sometimes all you have to do is close and re-open outlook. Have tried all the patches and updates.
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 8:39 AM
  • Thanks a lot! This worked for me as well! :-)

Funny thing: the download outlook connector at the microsoft website was an old one:

h**p://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=9406

a new one I found here:

h**p://www.chip.de/downloads/Microsoft-Outlook-Hotmail-Connector_28436720.html

Also, I had problems to setup my username@outlook.com account. Helpful was this solution from Hedge100:

h**p://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/hotmail-email/what-are-the-new-outlookcom-webmail-pop-server/7cb24b96-65ee-4945-bce6-be8eee327289

Regards
    Friday, October 19, 2012 1:51 PM
  • Here's my solution:

Delete Hotmail email account from Outlook 2010, then cancel Hotmail/live account permanently.  I'm  finding the less Microsoft products I have, the less time  I waste fixing them.

This was by far the easiest solution. Thanks, me!

• Proposed as answer by Mike9494 Thursday, December 06, 2012 12:46 AM
    Thursday, December 06, 2012 12:46 AM