none
Palm Tungsten E2

Question

• I have been using Outlook 2010 Beta on a Windows 7 32 bit machine and would like to be able to used my Palm Tungsten E2 to hot sync my appointments. Doesn't look like Palm will be much help, can Microsoft help, while Outlook is still in Beta stage it would be nice if some means to hot sync could be created. Many people still used Pda's for appointments etc.  Using Palm software looks like everything is transferring but nothing gets transfer
    Monday, March 29, 2010 11:22 PM

Answers

• I've found a solution to my problem. I'm trying a 10 day free trial of Chapura Keysuite. So far it is working great on my Palm and Outlook. The software cost around $70 USD and our Canadian dollar is almost at par.
    • Proposed as answer by Simon Jones [MSDL] Wednesday, April 07, 2010 6:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by pianotuner Wednesday, April 07, 2010 7:27 PM
    Tuesday, April 06, 2010 11:44 PM

All replies

• Microsoft ActiveSync works OK with Office 2010 Beta 32-bit. If that will work with your Palm device then you can try that.

If you're stuck using Palm's sync software you'll have to wait for them to release a version that works with Office 2010.

Simon Jones http://pcpro.co.uk
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 7:15 AM
  • well, with all the trouble Palm has gone through, and facing bancruptcy or takeover, i doubt they will invest any time or money (they don't have) to support their ancient PDA devices for Outlook 2010. if you absolutely rely on those PDAs, i could recommend Sybase OneBridge, which is already supporting the Tungsten E2, and supposedly supporting it all the way up to Outlook 2010. of course, it's license costs money. more money than switching over to some Windows Mobile devices, Blackberrys etc. would cost, i suppose.
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:33 AM
  • I've found a solution to my problem. I'm trying a 10 day free trial of Chapura Keysuite. So far it is working great on my Palm and Outlook. The software cost around $70 USD and our Canadian dollar is almost at par.
    • Proposed as answer by Simon Jones [MSDL] Wednesday, April 07, 2010 6:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by pianotuner Wednesday, April 07, 2010 7:27 PM
    Tuesday, April 06, 2010 11:44 PM

After checking out Chapura website I discovered a cheaper fix. For $39.95 USD I downloaded PocketMirror Standard and does everything that Hotsync did with previous versions of Outlook. It works with cable and Bluetooth.
    Wednesday, April 07, 2010 7:27 PM