none
Office 2010 SP2 KB2687455 32bit Failed Installation

Question

• I have WSUS to deploy Office 2010 SP2 successfully, except 18 PCs failed installation. I downloaded offline package KB2687455 (32bit) and it failed installation manually.

I stopped Windows Update services, deleted SoftwareDistribution folder, restart the PC and manually run install again but no luck. I ran windows update manually pulling updates from MS site and installed any updates needed (recommended/optional), restarted the PC, and ran again Office 2010 SP2 installation manually - Well, no luck again. What is the workaround? Is this a known issue and is there a fix? thanks.

Thang Mo

Friday, January 03, 2014 7:48 PM

Answers

• Many people encounter errors during the Office SP2 installation. If the installation still fails after downloading/using the self-installing package. Please try to do a Repair on Office 2010 itself first, and then perform Windows Clean boot to install SP2 again.

Please check if there is any error message/code related to SP2 installation from WindowsUpdate.log and SetupAPI.log if the issue still persists.

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by ThangMo Tuesday, January 07, 2014 3:49 PM
    Monday, January 06, 2014 1:50 PM