none
How do I curve text in Word Starter?

Question

• I just got anew computer with word starter and the wod art doesn't have shapes like previous word versions. It just has shadows and things. I can add a shape to my document and type text into it, but the text stays straight and doesn't follow the curve of the4 shape. all I want to do is make a heading convex. Please help!
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

Word Starter includes features that are basic to creating and working with documents, but it does not include the rich set of features found in the full version of Word. So the SmartArt graphics is not available to be created in it.

If you open a document that contains SmartArt, you can edit and format the text, format the shape, and cut, copy, paste, or delete the entire SmartArt graphic.

Also, If you find that you need a richer set of features than what Word Starter provides, you can easily upgrade from Word Starter to Word.

Sincerely,
    Max Meng

Monday, April 18, 2011 9:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

Word Starter includes features that are basic to creating and working with documents, but it does not include the rich set of features found in the full version of Word. So the SmartArt graphics is not available to be created in it.

If you open a document that contains SmartArt, you can edit and format the text, format the shape, and cut, copy, paste, or delete the entire SmartArt graphic.

Also, If you find that you need a richer set of features than what Word Starter provides, you can easily upgrade from Word Starter to Word.

Sincerely,
    Max Meng

Monday, April 18, 2011 9:17 AM
  • Hi

After you have inserted your WordArt, look for Sahpe effects on the Derawing Tools tab.  The button has a drop down menu and the bottom option Transform will give you what you are looking for.

Hope this helps

G North MMI
    Monday, April 18, 2011 10:09 AM