none
Excel 2010, Column A will not appear

Question

• I have a file that was an .xls file, then upgraded to xlsx with 2010.  I have tried all of the below on both version of the file.

I can't get "Column A" to show.  I have used the select to the left to unhide and have set the column width.  I don't know how to fix this.

In terms of impact, it is would not be a problem if  I could select all and copy to a new sheet, then delete the old sheet, rename the new one and all the references will work.  But the references don't work in the same workbook.  Is there a way to globally change the "links" as if it was another workbook?

It is just weird I can't get it to show.....?

Thanks for any info,

PS I fixed it, but I didn't do anything special.  I closed the file, reopened it.  Copied a bunch of stuff around.  That didn't work, then I used undo a few times and presto, column a reappeared at 15 width which is were I set it before.  I have no idea what happened or why.

JS
    Friday, October 15, 2010 7:31 PM

Answers

• Try:

1.  Choosing View, Freeze Panes, UnFreeze Panes 

then try to move to the left

2.  Click a blank cell and press Ctrl+A twice, then right click any column letter and choose Unhide.

If this answer solves your problem, please check Mark as Answered. If this answer helps, please click the Vote as Helpful button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Monday, October 18, 2010 7:36 AM
    Friday, October 15, 2010 10:04 PM

All replies

• Try:

1.  Choosing View, Freeze Panes, UnFreeze Panes 

2.  Click a blank cell and press Ctrl+A twice, then right click any column letter and choose Unhide.

If this answer solves your problem, please check Mark as Answered. If this answer helps, please click the Vote as Helpful button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Monday, October 18, 2010 7:36 AM
    Friday, October 15, 2010 10:04 PM
  • It did not work for me.

Russ

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 4:04 PM