none
Duplicated Outlook Reminders

Question

• Environment : Exchange 2010 SP1 RU5, Outlook 2010 Version 14.0.6106.5005 (32 Bit)

Outlook running cache mode.

Current and dismissed reminders are duplicating automatically. Tried /cleanfreebusy, /cleanreminders, /cleansniff, /resetfolders but in vain.

Created new outlook profile in online mode, still the same issue. Is there a fix for this?

Regards

Prabhakar

Messaging Consultant

• Edited by eg.prabhakar Monday, August 20, 2012 8:59 PM Typo Error
    Monday, August 20, 2012 8:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There are the most common causes of duplicate event and reminders below:

1. Sync with a another device, like smartphone or iphone/ipod?
    2. Some 3rd party add-ins(sync, security) confilct. Please disable them for testing
    3. You have 2 appointments or the pst in your profile twice, its probably a corrupt reminder folder.

Hope these help.

Tony Chen

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:28 AM
  • Hi Tony,

Thanks for the update

However, user is not using mobile device, no third party add-ins, and no PST Calendar as well.

Meeting invitations are held up on the Exchange Mailbox, deleted the reminders folder using MFCMAPI, still the same issue.

Going to create the user mailbox on my workstation to test. will keep posted with the findings.

Regards

Prabhakar

Messaging Consultant

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:04 PM
  • New Findings

Configured the user mailbox on my workstation, outlook in cache mode

Tried opening the mailbox in MFCMAPI, to my surprise i could see one of the mailbox as username@domain.com and another one as Username.

Duplicate exchange mailbox kind of. How to close or remove this? Any clue would be appreciated.

Regards

Prabhakar

Messaging Consultant

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:45 PM
  • Is the another mailbox visible in your outlook? If yes, you can close it by right-click mailbox > remove "mailbox"

If it only can be visible through MFCMAPI tool, please create a new Outlook profile and re-setup your account to check the result.

Thanks.

Tony Chen

TechNet Community Support

Friday, August 31, 2012 2:50 AM
  • Hi Tony,

Sorry for the delayed update, we submitted a support ticket with MS to resolve this case. All the above mentioned stuff has already been tried, and everything went in vain. Its been more than 10 days, we are yet to hear from the PSS :( thanks

Regards

Prabhakar

Sunday, September 23, 2012 5:12 PM