none
Can't uninstall office 2010 beta

Question

• I'm having a hard time uninstalling 2010 Beta. I've tried uninstalling it through the control panel, but that didn't work. Everything I find online says I should try Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, but that doesn't exsist anymore. I tried the Fix It on the website, but that didn't work either. Someone PLEASE tell me how to uninstall this!!!!
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 5:14 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Try this manually:

==========

1. Click the “Start” peal, in the Search box, type "regedit" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter.

Note: If you are using Windows XP, click Start  -> Run, type "regedit" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter.

1. Expand the registry tree on the left pane and locate the following two registry subkeys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0

1. Right-click on this registry subkey and click Delete to delete those keys.
    2. Open Windows Explorer, and then browse to the "C:\Program Files" folder

If it exists, rename the "Microsoft Office" to "Microsoft Office OLD"

If it exists, rename "OfficeUpdate" to "OfficeUpdateOLD"

If it exists, rename "OfficeUpdate14" to "OfficeUpdate14OLD"

1. Click Start, in the Search box, type "%Temp%" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter.

Note: If you are using Windows XP, click Start  -> Run, type "%Temp%" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter.

1. Empty the Temp folder.

Note: If some files can't be deleted, please skip them, which don't influence the result of the troubleshooting.

1. Empty the Recycle Bin.

1. Restart your computer.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, November 25, 2010 5:53 AM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 8:31 AM