I have clear requirements from my team.Hence I am asking my question once again.
We need a browser enabled info path form which should replace a existing HTML form ,
and my team mates will fill in the browser using a browser only and when they click submit on the form, a email should be sent out to a group email ID with the entire form with data as part of the body of the email message . I will need to control the To email address and the subject so that people can respond to the email like any email message using outlook.
I have no knowledge on c# or any custom code. On research I find that only way to get this done is using custom code.
I am a site owner for my team and I have admin rights. But I dont have setup permissions on the sharepoint 2010 enterprise server itself and this is controlled by sharepoint team in my company and this group have created a sandbox for my teamsite and I have setup my teamsite here.
I have played with workflow on custom list, but the body of the email is rendered as simple text and my team doesnt like it. They like the form as is including the formatting in the body of the email.
Please help on how I can approach this project.
I have a workaround .You can use the submit through email option .
- Create a new blank form template in InfoPath designer .Add all the controls and tables you needed .
- You can add a people picker or a text box on the form to store the recipients .Add a button at the bottom of the form .
- Right click on the button and choose button Properties .
- Set the action as ‘Submit’ .Check ‘Allow users to submit this form ’ .
- Set the form to submit through email .Add a data connection .Set the ‘To’ to get the value from the people picker field .
- Then publish the form to SharePoint and create a new form library .
- Then you can add the form to a InfoPath Form Web Part .After users enter the information ,they can click on the Button to submit the form through email .
TechNet Community Support
This worked for me, but a issue in formatting.
When I see the email , the form with user filled data is in the body of the email, but the formatting is all changed.
My form is designed in a infopath 2010 form and I am using sharepoint 2010 team site template.
I designed the form, published it to a form library and configured the form with submit options to a email as you suggested.
I now login to sharepoint, open a new document in the forms library and fill in the form and then click submit to see my email.
I havent added the form as a form webpart as you suggested. Please advise on how I can fix formatting issue of the form in the body of the email
How about send the form directly in InfoPath preview mode ?Will the email show up well formatted ?How do you open the email ?Using outlook or through mail box in browser ? If you open the form in Outlook and you have InfoPath installed ,these field will show up properly .
TechNet Community Support
- Edited by Entan MingMicrosoft community contributor, Moderator Friday, March 09, 2012 11:18 AM
I open the mail using outlook and the form is in the body of the email. The fields are showing up, but the table in the form is all distorted in the body of the email.
The form when opened in a browser for filling in looks great .
I am not sure how I can send the form directly in preview mode.
On the form I have a submit button whose properties I have changed to submit using a email connection . So I havent written any custom code here.
My form has text boxes, rich text boxes and drop down list.