none
OL2010: Error ID 27 since SP2 "Calendar Folder property is missing" / "Calendar Folder property is empty"

Question

• Hello,

i just installed the Service Pack 2 for Office 2010 (32Bit on Win7x64).
    I am now getting warnings in the Event Viewer at every start of Outlook 2010.

Event ID: 27
    Source: Outlook
    Calendar Folder property is empty

When i uninstall the Service Pack the warnings are gone.
    I think the KB2817371 Hotfix which seems included in the SP2 cause this problem.

Any suggestions?

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 10:31 PM

All replies

• I have the same thing happening.  After successfully installing Office 2010 SP2 (32-Bit Office on Windows 7-64), every launch of Outlook results in a duplicate entry of the error below. I haven't noticed anything else (yet) but haven't done much besides get a few emails. I hope someone can help with this.
    Log Name: Application
    Source: Outlook
    Date: 7/24/2013 5:40:20 PM
    Event ID: 27
    Task Category: None
    Level: Warning
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: 
    Description: Calendar Folder property is empty
    • Edited by tweakit Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:51 AM update OS information
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 1:37 AM
  • Add me to the group with the same event ID: 27 issues after installing SP2 for 2010 Office home and professional

Calendar Folder property is empty

Calendar Folder property is missing

Functionally, Outlook "seems" to be OK. I have synced Outlook 2010 SP2 using Samsung Kies to my Galaxy S4 without issues as well. However, my confidence in continued 100% Outlook functionality is on thin ice melting fast. I rely on Outlook to function and sync across multiple device, so I am always concerned when there are event warnings that are unexplained and unresolved.

Friday, July 26, 2013 2:48 PM
  • Add me to group with the same error. 

Installed the SP2 for Office Professional Plus on Windows 7 x64 machines which are part of a domain and all my users are having the same warnings filling up the event viewer.

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        Outlook
    Date:          7/26/2013 7:26:33 AM
    Event ID:      27
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Warning
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:     
    Description:
    Calendar Folder property is missing

Friday, July 26, 2013 5:34 PM
  • same here- 7 seperate computers- same error msg

robin

Friday, July 26, 2013 5:49 PM
  • this is Office 2010 pro 32bit on OS Windows 7 64bit

so when will there be an update to fix this?

Friday, July 26, 2013 6:07 PM
  • Thanks for your all feedback. I have received many reports like you after they installed Office 2010 SP2. When you are encountered the such problem, please temporarily to remove the service package until there is any hotfix released. Thank for your understanding.

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, July 28, 2013 4:23 PM
  • Will a hotfix be released or the service Pack be pulled?

How would we know if it is fixed if we remove it, because it will just show up again in Windows Update?  How will we know if it is a new one or the one with the problem?

It seems everyone has these error msgs in event viewer and I am betting the average user does not look in Event Viewer so they have no idea if they are seeing this msg.  Only an IT person like myself would see this.

Will you tell us in here if what we will see in Windows Update is a new version fixed?

robin

Sunday, July 28, 2013 4:58 PM
  • Mr. Chen, thank you for your response.

Questions: 

What is your anticipated timing for a solution? [days, weeks, months]. This will help me decide whether to just ignore / deal with the event log issues while still retaining the other benefits of SP2

Will you post the hotfix here?

Will the hotfix be part of the typical Microsoft Update environment?

Will there be a new SP2 offered?

How will we be informed of the solution?

Thanks

Sunday, July 28, 2013 5:04 PM
  • I just removed sp2 off my computer and reopend Outlook and NO more error
    msgs.  I will wait till Microsoft fixes this before i reinstall it

Sunday, July 28, 2013 5:19 PM
  • Well... if wsus had the uninstall feature remotely, then ok, but we have 60 plus clients???
    Monday, July 29, 2013 5:14 PM
  • ok I went to the website and picked up service pack 2 (32bit to see if that made a difference) and after the
    install same error msgs

but i did notice something when outlook loads, it
    puts in a Microsoft exchange add on as it is loading up
    I am wondering if
    this has anything to do with the problem.

I uninstalled the service pack-
    error msg gone when opening outlook

I am not using an exhange account but
    by default MS puts this add on in

My 3 accounts in OUtlook are all pop accounts

So it shows that weither you install it from WU or a stand a lone- you still get the same problem

Monday, July 29, 2013 5:27 PM
  • I uninstalled the service pack- no more error msgs

Monday, July 29, 2013 5:30 PM
  • I am wondering if the exchange add on is causing it to do this

When Office opens it adds an exchange add on as you see below that I picked up from the event viewer

Could this add on be changed somehow after the service pack is installed and that is what is causing the problem?  just a guess

Outlook loaded the following add-in(s):

Name: Microsoft Exchange Add-in

Description: Exchange support for Unified Messaging, e-mail permission rules, and calendar availability.

ProgID: UmOutlookAddin.FormRegionAddin

GUID: {F959DBBB-3867-41F2-8E5F-3B8BEFAA81B3}

Load Behavior: 03

HKLM: 1

Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\ADDINS\UmOutlookAddin.dll

Boot Time (Milliseconds): 62

Name: Outlook Change Notifier

Description: Detects changes to contacts and calendars

ProgID: OutlookChangeNotifier.Connect

GUID: {12E6A993-AE52-4F99-8B89-41F985E6C952}

Load Behavior: 03

HKLM: 1

Monday, July 29, 2013 5:45 PM
  • I use Outlook 2010 x86 and with the SP2 installed I have the  Error ID 27 Calendar Folder property is missing spam each time I use Outlook, no Exchange, but n.3 pop3 account.

I tried in file - option - add on COM to uncheck the Add on Exchange but without success, Always the ID27 advices spam in the event log viewer.

After the Outlook session I delete all the Application register in the event viewer log.

I hope will there be an update to fix this .

Monday, July 29, 2013 5:47 PM
  • I hope if they issue a hotfix they post it in here

I think they should also pull the sp2 out of windows update and reissue it again for those who have uninstalled it with a fixed version, otherwise how are we going to know when it is fixed

Monday, July 29, 2013 7:12 PM
  • Same issue here, OL2010 32-Bit on Win7 64-Bit and on W2K8-R2-Terminalserver, all connected to an Exchange 2010-Server. Since installation of SP2 eventlog filled up with 27-events. Functionality seems not to be affected but I'm worrying...

Any suggestions? Would you uninstall SP2?

Regards

Marco

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 5:37 AM
  • I prefer don't uninstall SP2.

As my previous post, after the Outlook session I delete all the Application register in the event viewer log for do not have a to much big event log register.

I use Outlook with n.3 POP3 account, and after each Outlook session, the event viewer log shows n.11 ID 27 advices.

I hope a suitable hotfix for this annoying problem.

Regards

Oreste

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11:39 AM
  • I have looked at the original KBs and there is no mention of this as a Known Issue.  I think Microsoft should post it ASAP whether or not they have a Hot Fix; customers deserve this type of information.

Michael

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Arkansas

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11:53 AM
  • I prefer don't uninstall SP2.

As my previous post, after the Outlook session I delete all the Application register in the event viewer log for do not have a to much big event log register.

I use Outlook with n.3 POP3 account, and after each Outlook session, the event viewer log shows n.11 ID 27 advices.

I hope a suitable hotfix for this annoying problem.

Regards

Oreste

I called Microsoft and teir advice is to uninstall the sp2 until they figue out a fix The problem is since it is spitting out lots of error mags in event viewer this will get very large into gigs and will start to take up mega space on your hd if you do not go in periodically and delete the log file, and for those who have no clue what is going on might find they cannot understand why their HDTV is loosing gigs Besides we have no idea what this is breaking in the long run But they should give us a link in here for the hot fix to fix it, then I will reinstall the service pack and install the fix
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 2:07 PM
  • Why their Hd. Not HDTV. That is a mistype and it will not let me edit it
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 2:09 PM
  • Ty Robin for the info - I hope that MS will give us a link in here for the hot fix to fix it

Regards

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 3:05 PM
  • The Outlook Team is aware of this issue and is investigating it for a fix.

These bugs in SP2 and KB2817371 are both tracked individually meaning that when a fix is found it will most likely be both a pre-SP2 and post-SP2 fix (so SP2 won't be a requirement).

Initial investigation shows that there is no actual hard done to the system so there isn't any direct need to uninstall SP2. If this changes, it will be posted in the Know Issues section of the KB articles of these updates.

Personally, I haven't come across any "flooding of the Event Viewer" with this issue but only once per Outlook session. By default, the Application log will only grow up to 20MB and then starts deleting older event items and therefor will not fill up your disk in any way.

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 9:53 PM
  • Will you at least let us know in here when the fix is made? I uninstalled sp2 just in case and I would like to know when I can reinstall it and add the fix
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:05 PM
  • I also uninstalled it on 7 client computers so I want to test it first to see if it is fixed before reinstalling it n these computers, and others who have been reading and posting here who also uninstalled it
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:07 PM
  • Has a fix been done yet ?
    Thursday, August 01, 2013 2:33 PM
  • waiting for the hotfix...when it will roll out?
    Friday, August 02, 2013 3:42 AM
  • Patches take time to get coded and tested.  Until it's out, I wouldn't expect anyone to give you a ETA.  As a fyi the event log is built to age out the event log and to not grow too large.

Don't Retire TechNet

Monday, August 05, 2013 9:09 PM
  • I hope by patch Tuesday they have a fix. I keep checking windows update info for the service pack 2 update fix e
    • Edited by robinbk9 Tuesday, August 06, 2013 2:25 PM
    Tuesday, August 06, 2013 2:24 PM
  • I would not expect a patch by Patch Tuesday.  This is not a security patch, it's a service pack.  One that took months t release and therefore will take more than several weeks to get a fix.  Furthermore, it IS a service pack.  There's truly no need to rush this on machines. 

Patches for Windows take on average two months to code, several weeks to test.  It is not done overnight.  So set your expectations low, be surprised if it comes out early.

Don't Retire TechNet

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 3:51 PM
  • One that took months to release should have been tested more prior to release so this did not happen, this error msg is not on a few computers but hundreds of computers and prolly more then that, Microsoft should have tested outlook on several computers to see if this error msg was happening and fixed it prior to releasing it
    Tuesday, August 06, 2013 10:07 PM
  • It's why I don't install service packs that fast.  I can also point to Exchange update rollups that have issues.  Bottom line, I wish it was better as well, but it is what it is.
    Tuesday, August 06, 2013 10:29 PM
  • well it is patch tuesday and no hotfix for this issue as of yet

I also checked the site the kb is sitting on and nothing has been updated since July 13 when this was issued

So, any microsoft employees know when a hotfix will be finally issued so I can put on the service pack?

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 7:41 PM
  • Having the same problem on my recently built system. My errors seem to be equal to the number of reminders that are being displayed. If I have 10 reminders showing in the reminder window, there will be 10 errors in the logs when Outlook is started.
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 1:50 PM
  • Same Problem here, on a W2008 rc2 Machine (SP1).

Got ~70000 entries in 2 Hours, Office 2010 32bit Standart ...

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 3:13 PM
  • I have to disagree with this..

'Initial investigation shows that there is no actual hard done to the system so there isn't any direct need to uninstall SP2.'

The Office SP2 update was making my system crash out AFTER the update, especially when coming out of hibernation but at other times too, and hasn't done since removing it..

Mike Hall - Windows Expert: Consumers http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 3:31 PM
  • I have to disagree with this..

'Initial investigation shows that there is no actual hard done to the system so there isn't any direct need to uninstall SP2.'

The Office SP2 update was making my system crash out AFTER the update, especially when coming out of hibernation but at other times too, and hasn't done since removing it..

you got that right!,  turns out one of my clients who installed sp2 2 days ago, everytime he opened Outlook it crashed.  It did not do this prior to sp2.  I uninstalled sp2 for him, and now he can open Outlook and no crashes.

I looked in Event Viewer and he had hundreds of error msgs from Outlook with the same calender error, so it is causing other problems besides just these error msgs, with fault errors from Outlook  one was : Outlook had to close do to a unforseen error---   he had lots of those.

None after I uninstalled sp2 and we opened and closed outlook 3 x after to make sure

• Edited by robinbk9 Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:43 PM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:41 PM
  • I wonder if any of the updates in http://kbupdate.info/outlook-2010-2013-08.php fix the problem?
    Thursday, August 15, 2013 6:30 PM
  • I asked in a partner forum and they said the issue is still being worked on.

Don't Retire TechNet

Thursday, August 15, 2013 6:31 PM
  • i doubt it because this would not be an update it would be a hotfix
    Thursday, August 15, 2013 9:44 PM
  • You might want to advise your client to do a repair install of Office 2010.. :-) 

Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:54 PM
  • You might want to advise your client to do a repair install of Office 2010.. :-) 

if this was meant for me a repair did not work, uninstalling the sp2 worked
    Sunday, August 18, 2013 5:56 PM
  • I asked in a partner forum and they said the issue is still being worked on.

Don't Retire TechNet

Susan, do you have an ETA yet?
    Sunday, August 18, 2013 5:57 PM
  • do you have an ETA yet?

Currently, there is no article about this issue and it hasn't been fixed in the August update either nor will it be available for the September update/hotfix. The latest information I got was "it will take a couple of months".

The investigations still indicate that the issue is "purely cosmetic" but getting it out of the code takes a while.

To keep track of the issue yourself, open a support incident with Microsoft. Since it is a known bug, no support charges will apply but you might need to supply credit card information to register your support request.

As for the mentioned crashing issues: Those aren't related this issue but you might have some add-ins installed which require an update for SP2. A quick check is to start Outlook in Safe Mode and see if it is stable now. To further troubleshoot crashing issues see:
    http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm

Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:39 AM
  • take a few months?  how hard is it to get it out of the code especially since so many have this problem.

I have one client that is spitting out hundreds of this error msg everytime he opens outlook and on occasion Outlook locks up

I have one client who cannot even open outlook

Surely this is not cosmetic, look at all the posts here of people who have the same problems and not just here go to other forums and you will see they also have this problem.

Uninstall the service pack, problem goes away

I had one client even after uninstalling the sp  it left something and now everytime he opens outlook it crashes.

He uninstalled it then re installed it and found he could not get the liscense key to work so he had to call Microsoft to get them to issue him another one.  He is one of my business clients and the hell he went through and time wasted was a fiasco and took way too much time from his business.

We have two business computers, for the office.  I put it on one of my test machines and I was spitting out the error msg everytime I even opened an email in Outlook

I would not at this point dare put it on our main business computers, all our important emails are there  (sure they are backed up) but who wants to go through the problem if Outlook crashes to uninstall the program and reinstall it and find that we are having the same problem as one of our clients, besides who wants to go through the time (money is time) to do this.

Saturday, August 24, 2013 1:20 PM
  • Have you called Microsoft support?  Microsoft reacts to customers yelling at them.  Cases push them to make it happen faster.  I'm don't like how Microsoft does this, I merely state what the process is to get them to move faster on an issue.

Call 1-800-microsoft, state you have a problem with this update and you need it fixed asap.

No one calls, and thus MS sees no customer cases.  Because all they have seen thus far is the purely cosmetic cases, they don't see a rush to get the fix out.  If you are seeing actual product crashes, merely posting here won't cut it.  You'll need to call. 

Don't Retire TechNet

Saturday, August 24, 2013 3:13 PM
  • yes I have called  got no where, they told me they are away of the problem and are working on it

Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:43 PM
  • Try installing this new patch that was released today...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2825640

I found a user with this problem this morning and will report back if it solves the "Calendar Folder property is empty" event log entry.

EDIT: This didn't resolve the issue for us.
    • Edited by Reece W.1 Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:18 AM
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:46 PM
  • I installed this patch on my own computer showing this event in the event viewer.  No change after installing this patch.  Event still logged in event viewer, Event ID 27, Calendar Folder Property is Missing.
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:07 PM
  • I installed this patch on my own computer showing this event in the event viewer.  No change after installing this patch.  Event still logged in event viewer, Event ID 27, Calendar Folder Property is Missing.

Same for me. KB2825640 did NOT fix my Event ID 27 problems.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:59 PM

I have one client that ..... on occasion Outlook locks up

I have one client who cannot even open outlook

I had one client even after uninstalling the sp  it left something and now everytime he opens outlook it crashes.

I would not at this point dare put it on our main business computers, all our important emails are there  (sure they are backed up) but who wants to go through the problem if Outlook crashes to uninstall the program and reinstall it and find that we are having the same problem as one of our clients.

for the crashing issue, have you looked at the August CU?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2817574

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:39 PM
  • this is not good if the patch did not fix the event viewer calendar msgs

2 people and no change, I am afraid to try it tomorrow and see what happens

but I will and report back since this is a test machine and not my official business machine

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:02 AM
  • Same here, the patch did not fix the "calender folder property missing" issue...

Still waiting for an official MS-statement

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 9:45 AM
  • same issue here, just reinstalled sp2 and did the fix offered by windows update

same problem  Calendar folder property is missing and Calendar Folder is empty

I have 25 event errors in a row when I opened Outlook 2010

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:28 PM
  • Same issue here, the KB2826640 patch did not fix the "calender folder property missing" issue...

We must still waiting

Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:01 AM
  • The KB2826640 indeed doesn't fix it and it also doesn't claim that it includes a fix for this.

The Outlook Team has reported that the issue will take a while to get fixed (read: it isn't likely to be included in the September and might not even be in the October update either) but other than the Event Viewer entries, no negative side-effects have been found.

This means it is still safe to continue the deployment of SP2 if this was the only issue found during your testing phase. If it wasn't safe, SP2 would have been pulled.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:26 AM
  • I'm sorry but events in an event log cannot be ignored.  They fill up an event log, and they have to be mentally reviewed when an admin looks at a system.  Furthermore I have people reporting that their Outlook slowed down when sp2 is installed and speeded back up when removed.  So I'm not convinced that this is merely cosmetic.

Given that 2826640 doesn't say anything of what it DOES fix, it's a little hard to know what it does and does not fix.

Don't Retire TechNet

Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:53 PM
  • Given that 2826640 doesn't say anything of what it DOES fix, it's a little hard to know what it does and does not fix.

Sorry, I quoted the wrong KB number from oreste_'s post. The original reference should be to KB2817574 which does state what it fixed:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2817574/

The event is a Warning event which most definitely can be ignored. There are numerous TechNet and KB Support pages on that. The amount of events are also quite limited when you compare what gets logged in total so it doesn't really fill up anything (and the Event Log only takes up 20MB by default anyway). Upon reviewing the log, you create filters anyway, so this is just 1 more to add.

The perceived slowdown of Outlook by SP2 can be caused by much more than just this issue as much more code is touched in SP2. For instance; add-ins might need an update, especially virus scanners which integrate themselves with Outlook, the rebuild of Windows Prefetch and increased defragmentation after installing the update are other likely causes.

This issue was actually already introduced in a pre-SP2 update.

So is this issue annoying for (mostly) admins and should it be taken care of? Yes, most definitely.
    Should SP2 be pulled or deployment delayed because of it? No.

If you encounter any other issues with SP2 which you are unable to solve, contact Microsoft Support to get it investigated as SP2 is fully supported. Could it be related to this issue? It might, but it is more likely to be something else (which could also be introduced in SP2, who knows?). Just to assume that everything is related to this event is wrong.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 3:42 PM
  • I'm sorry but events in an event log cannot be ignored.  They fill up an event log, and they have to be mentally reviewed when an admin looks at a system.  Furthermore I have people reporting that their Outlook slowed down when sp2 is installed and speeded back up when removed.  So I'm not convinced that this is merely cosmetic.

Given that 2826640 doesn't say anything of what it DOES fix, it's a little hard to know what it does and does not fix.

Don't Retire TechNet

I agree also, the events in the event viewer cannot be ignored, if there was no problem somewhere there would be no warning events.  this needs to be fixed.

I put Sp2 on a Virgin brand new computer that i had recently installed Office 2010 which had sp1 on the disk for a client.  He put sp2 on through windows update and it installed just fine (i checked the event viewer to make sure it did install fine)  After the install when trying to open Outlook it took forever to open it and when it finally did in event viewer he had 40 warning error msgs when he opened outlook.  This happened each time he closed and opened outlook.  Uninstalled Sp2, Outlook opened like a snap!  no more errro msg

on My computer Outlook 2010 sp2- I reinstalled sp2 and installed the patch.  Everytime I open it i get 25 to 30 same error msgs.  I am leaving it on this computer only because I am tired of uninstalling and reinstalling for fear something will go wrong and I will test the next fix to see if that corrects it

But Microsoft should have at least told us what this patch fixed because it definetly did not fix this error msg.

And one of you MVPS that have contact with Microsoft should tell them it did not fix it

And it is NOT just cosmetic because if it was, Outlook would not be having any problems when opening!!

Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:18 PM
  • Right now it's up to the admin to install it.  It won't MU for 90 days.  I would hope that Microsoft would not be dumb enough to push it via AU until this issue is fixed.  As a person who monitors event logs, it truly is not something you can ignore.  You have to weed thorugh the noise to ensure that you aren't missing issues.

Currently there is a KB2826640 that is being offered up to some - but not all - Office installs and it does not state what it's fixing. 

Don't Retire TechNet

Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:21 PM
  • also I dare not put it on anyother of my clients computers, for fear something will go horribly wrong.  These clients use Outlook as their main email program and all are business clients.  Yes I do a weekly Outlook backup for them or they do it themselves, but if it messes up their Outlook, they will not blame Microsoft they will blame me, and there is no way i am putting Sp2 on their machines until I know this error is fixed!
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:53 PM
  • And one of you MVPS that have contact with Microsoft should tell them it did not fix it

There is no need to do so as they know that they haven't pushed out a fix for this yet.

As mentioned previously, don't expect it to be in the September update or even the October update either. If you want to track the issue for yourself, open a support case with Microsoft. As it is a known issue, no charges will apply but you might need to supply credit card information to get your case registered.

I'm only relaying the information as provided by the Outlook Team and the feedback from them was that the current investigations show that the issue doesn't affect normal operation of Outlook or corrupt any data and that it will take a few months to get it fixed. I can't make them work harder on it.

FWIW: I've got SP2 running here in several environments (XP, Vista, Win 7 and Win 8, some physical, some virtual and all with various mail profiles with Exchange, IMAP, POP3 and Outlook Connector accounts and combinations thereof) and did not have any startup issues after applying SP2 or other errors aside from the warning being logged.

Your mileage may vary of course due to whatever reason, which is why I urge you to then open a support case to get it properly investigated if the standard troubleshooting methods didn't give any result and you expect it to be an issue (which could be completely different from the Event Viewer issue) that got introduced in SP2.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:13 PM
  • And one of you MVPS that have contact with Microsoft should tell them it did not fix it

There is no need to do so as they know that they haven't pushed out a fix for this yet.

As mentioned previously, don't expect it to be in the September update or even the October update either. If you want to track the issue for yourself, open a support case with Microsoft. As it is a known issue, no charges will apply but you might need to supply credit card information to get your case registered.

I'm only relaying the information as provided by the Outlook Team and the feedback from them was that the current investigations show that the issue doesn't affect normal operation of Outlook or corrupt any data and that it will take a few months to get it fixed. I can't make them work harder on it.

FWIW: I've got SP2 running here in several environments (XP, Vista, Win 7 and Win 8, some physical, some virtual and all with various mail profiles with Exchange, IMAP, POP3 and Outlook Connector accounts and combinations thereof) and did not have any startup issues after applying SP2 or other errors aside from the warning being logged.

Your mileage may vary of course due to whatever reason, which is why I urge you to then open a support case to get it properly investigated if the standard troubleshooting methods didn't give any result and you expect it to be an issue (which could be completely different from the Event Viewer issue) that got introduced in SP2.

Milage has nothing to do with anyother reason because this machine is brand new with not a thing on it but the security updates and Office 2010 and when uninstalling the sp all was back to normal, just like others have stated in here

As long as Microsoft is aware of this situation and will be fixing it, I can wait a few months and wait till it is fixed, that is why i am leaving it on one of my test machines it is sitting on so i can test the hotfix when issued, my only issue is the constant error msgs  that everyone else is complaining about when opening and using outlook, but then again since others have issues I still will not put it on my other clients computers till the issue is solved just in case they run into a problem.

and as long as you have an ear open and can let us know when a real fix is issued, I would and I am betting everyone in here agrees, appreciate that

Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:05 PM
  • oh and at least you are also getting the error log msgs :)

whom better than to report it to Microsoft

Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:07 PM
  • Milage has nothing to do with anyother reason because this machine is brand new with not a thing on it but the security updates and Office 2010 and when uninstalling the sp all was back to normal, just like others have stated in here

Actually, "mileage" does have something to do with it, at least for the slowdown issue as not everyone is experiencing it. The fact that the computer is brand new doesn't play a direct role here as it could also be caused by how Outlook 2010 SP2 interacts with the network infrastructure which might for you have some variables which I don't have (as I don't experience this). A similar issue was also introduced in SP2 of Outlook 2007 when you cached over 10.000 Public Folder. Obviously, not everybody experienced this issue ;-)

But you can be sure that we are all over the Outlook Team about the Event Viewer issue. I'll ask if they can post a KB article or a Known Issues notification in the KB article of SP2 and/or to reply in the various open threads here discussing this issue.

The slowdown issue could be unrelated and tied to your environment and require a separate fix. Therefor reporting it yourself via Microsoft Support would be the best way to proceed so they can collect the necessary information for debugging. 

Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:52 PM
  • As a person who monitors event logs, it truly is not something you can ignore.  You have to weed thorugh the noise to ensure that you aren't missing issues.

Not to be rude or anything, but; Why not?

I also monitor the Event Viewers of multiple computers and servers (mostly in an aggregated view) and have various filters, conditions and calculations set for Information, Warning and Error events I don't need to know about (anymore). That's my baseline.

That leaves me with just the new events and events which happened (relatively) more or less often than usual. Those are the ones I investigate further and might even have to add to my baseline. This doesn't have to be all errors or warnings as some informational events should actually be errors for my environment.

If I had to review everything for all computers and servers each and every time, I'd need multiple days just to review a day's worth of logs. I can assure you that for instance servers placed in a high security environment and are not connected to the Internet will generate a whole lot of errors and warnings which can't be turned off and are safe to ignore and is fully supported by Microsoft (I got them confirmed in a RAP by a PFE). To me, this is similar to the Calendar Property issue: I've been told by the Outlook Team that it is safe to ignore and that continuing deployment with this issue in my environment is fully supported.

If I were to experience any slowdown or other issue during my SP2 testing (which I haven't so far) and can't determine the root cause myself, then I'd contact support to assist with troubleshooting. Of course then I'd also report about all the issues that I ignore in my baseline and which ones are new with SP2 installed as they might be related to the issue but most certainly don't have to be.

I can assure you, there are still many more bugs left to fix in Outlook 2010; some already discovered and some not. I'm not trying to defend Microsoft here, I'm just adding some logic and reason to this long and mixed thread (with facts, fiction and emotion) and calling Microsoft "dumb" because this bug happens to come with a yellow shield sounds a bit random to me as there are bugs much worse that come without them (like perhaps the one that causes the slowdown for you?).

Again; I still think they need to fix this bug ASAP as well (like I do for almost all discovered bugs) but when they say it is safe to ignore for now and require some more time to properly fix it and make sure that they don't introduce another bug in the process, then I can live with it for now and classify it as "low priority" and "low impact" in my baseline at the moment.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:58 PM
  • For one it ends adding more traffic to the list to that the event logs fill up faster and roll over more often.  For two "ignoring" takes review and mental "oh yeah I can ignore that". 

As to slow downs, I have to BEG people to open support cases these days.  The support process is painful and time consuming.  The support call is a ton of back and forthing working with the v-dash folks.  Opening up a support case takes a huge amount of patience these days.  I have fellow MVPs that pulled off sp2 and won't open cases.

Non MVPs will refuse to open cases as it will take a credit card and $249 a pop to open one up even if it turns out to be Microsoft's bugs and gets comp'd back.

What I object to here from this product team and others that this is something that is relatively easily reproable and merely because it's "cosmetic" it's blown off as not being a high priority.  Anything this easily reproducible is a sign to me that they are not testing well.

Don't Retire TechNet

Thursday, August 29, 2013 9:08 PM
  • I can understand your concern and do get your point of view.

To me, there is nothing to ignore or "oh yeah" manually as the event is filtered out automatically in my reports unless the amount suddenly for instance duplicates or will be gone completely.

On a PC which sees quite some usage and with default settings, it takes the Event Viewer already over 6 months to roll over which I think is actually more than enough for a managed environment. Extending it is easy enough when needed without negatively affecting the computer (extending it with 5MB already adds weeks). The amount of events logged additionally by Outlook 2010 SP2 during a day is less than what gets logged upon a single reboot and there are even more "useless" informational messages so the Outlook SP2 "pollution" is still within reason.

Easily reproducible and easily fixable can't be compared on the same scale. For all we know, the Event issue could be caused by fixing a crashing bug. It is all about perspective and meeting a certain quality thresholds. I agree, it certainly isn't pretty and if they indeed knew about this in advance, making it at least stop recording this event (without fixing the bug causing it) would have been nicer already. However, this also meant that they had to touch and test the code involved twice.

Anyway, I keep an eye on this bug and usually don't have any issues with getting a bug registered as an MVP or professionally (I don't have to deal with v-dashes that often) so I tend to pursue the ones that I encounter (and never had my credit card charged in advance for the few that I pursued personally but that could be a regional policy).

Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:48 PM
  • hey, 

everybody is looking for event viewer errors, but i can add that after SP2 if you choose to see folder list when you have Outlook Connector installed + synchronize Hotmail stuff, you get the calendar error.

so i think that the error is related to hotmail server, please comment if you have the same "conditions"

17:23:35 

17:23:35 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Header><ServiceHeader xmlns="http://www.msn.com/webservices/AddressBook"><Version>17.2.1449.0820</Version><CacheKey>14r2;VAy+tRTqyUz6bPC/8mKGOPGAnoSzEIbJNHQjFr5Qd6sOUL9oBlCJ2G7vJDM5CRZ+cr
    17:23:35 

17:23:35 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Drafts'
    17:23:35 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Inbox'
    17:23:35 Error Synchronizing Message
    Error: 1133
    Server Command: DELETE
    17:23:35 Server Id: 571F2180-E210-11E2-9982-00215
    17:23:35 Error with Send/Receive.
    17:23:35 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Infected Items'
    17:23:35 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'others'
    17:23:35 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Suggested Contacts'
    17:23:35 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Sent Items'
    17:23:35 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Deleted Items'
    17:23:35 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Junk E-mail'
    17:23:35 Done

Sunday, September 01, 2013 2:24 PM
  • so i think that the error is related to hotmail server, please comment if you have the same "conditions"

Nope, that's not it. 

I use Outlook for internet mail only, but I do not use the Outlook Mail Connector because I have found it to be problematic in its own right (and life is too short for the regular irritation).

As soon as I installed SP2, my Event Viewer started filling up, so I uninstalled it. Now, I'm waiting for a fix and wondering at the fate of the poor schmuck at Microsoft who managed to miss something so basic.

Sunday, September 01, 2013 2:31 PM
  • so i think that the error is related to hotmail server, please comment if you have the same "conditions"

Nope, that's not it. 

I use Outlook for internet mail only, but I do not use the Outlook Mail Connector because I have found it to be problematic in its own right (and life is too short for the regular irritation).

As soon as I installed SP2, my Event Viewer started filling up, so I uninstalled it. Now, I'm waiting for a fix and wondering at the fate of the poor schmuck at Microsoft who managed to miss something so basic.

same here, my client has Comcast as his isp, onli same error msgs
    Sunday, September 01, 2013 10:32 PM
  • I'm having the same Event Viewer issues everyone else is and I uninstalled SP2 last week.  I've also received the KB2826640 as an update but haven't installed it.  Would it be better to just update to SP2 again, then apply the KB and wait for MS to get their act together on a fix for the EV errors?  Or, don't do anything until a definitive fix has been issued?
    Monday, September 02, 2013 4:11 PM
  • I'm having the same Event Viewer issues everyone else is and I uninstalled SP2 last week.  I've also received the KB2826640 as an update but haven't installed it.  Would it be better to just update to SP2 again, then apply the KB and wait for MS to get their act together on a fix for the EV errors?  Or, don't do anything until a definitive fix has been issued?

this is what i did so maybe you can figure out which way to go.

On my test machine I reinstalled sp2 and applied the patch which did not stop the error msgs.

But I do not use outlook on that machine and everything else is working fine so I am going to leave it mainly for testing purposes.

On our other crucial business machine that has our entire business on it, i am NOT installing sp2 until there is a fix.  I do not want to spend countless hours trying to fix what it broke because we use this machine on a daily basis.

On all my clients who run office 2010 I will not put it on theirs either (it is 35 various machines) I do not need the headache of uninstalling and praying something else got broken given many of the comments in here

The one client machine I did put it on again does not use outlook for email so hers seems to be running fine, and outlook is not even configured.  She uses webmail

There is no problem to wait until microsoft issues a fix, they are aware of the problem and I am betting there are hundreds that have not put on the sp2 espcially after reading this forum, so I doubt at this time they are telling you must put it on.

Monday, September 02, 2013 4:57 PM
  • this is what i did so maybe you can figure out which way to go.

[snip]
    Thanks for your take on the issue.  I'm going to take your advice and stay put for now, watching this thread for news as things develop.

• Edited by iclicker Tuesday, September 03, 2013 2:23 PM
    Tuesday, September 03, 2013 2:23 PM
  • No late word from anyone?
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:42 PM
  • i will tell you the security updates this month did not fix the error msg

but someone here from Microsoft said it probably would not be in this months fixes, and would post when there is a fix

robin

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:23 PM
  • still no fix?????
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:36 AM
  • I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.  They don't see it as a priority... people don't open cases... it's unfortunately that the squeaky wheel gets grease.

Don't Retire TechNet

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:43 AM
  • environment: Win7x64 with Outlook2010-32bit I had installed SP2 originally when it was released and found these Event 27 warnings in my event log.  After research I uninstalled SP2 as I too am a person who does not like sifting through "non-errors" in my event logs.  Yesterday I installed standard September patch Tuesday updates including updates for Office 2010 (but not SP2) and the Event 27 is back.  I found that KB2794707 is the culprit this time.  Uninstalling it results in the events no longer being logged in the Application log - however KB2794707 seems like quite a critical security update so now apparently we need to weigh the pros of the security fix against the cons of the erroneous messages filling our event logs.  Given that this was a known issue with SP2 months ago, how did this patch get released knowing it too was going to cause these warnings?!
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:35 PM
  • That isa good question, especially since lots are getting this error msg. Microsoft don't you test these things before releasing? Do you go into event log and see if error msgs are ther?
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:09 PM
  • That isa good question, especially since lots are getting this error msg. Microsoft don't you test these things before releasing? Do you go into event log and see if error msgs are ther?

Here's a new issue for Microsoft to contend with. I have uninstalled the latest update KB2794707 due to the same error message issue and that comes as a security update!
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:08 PM
  • Try KB2760758, it must fix this problem (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2760758/en-us)
    • Edited by lex2002s Friday, September 13, 2013 8:48 AM
    Friday, September 13, 2013 8:47 AM
  • Try KB2760758, it must fix this problem 
    But it doesn't. I'm not sure why you assumed it does.
    Friday, September 13, 2013 10:36 AM
  • In my case i have Outlook version 14.0.7106.5001 after KB2760758 was installed. There are no errors with code 27 in Application Log on my computer. But my colleague did not install this KB and after he opens Calendar error appears in the log.
    Friday, September 13, 2013 12:07 PM
  • In my case i have Outlook version 14.0.7106.5001 after KB2760758 was installed. There are no errors with code 27 in Application Log on my computer. But my colleague did not install this KB and after he opens Calendar error appears in the log.

Did he install sp2. And do you have sp2 on yours?
    Friday, September 13, 2013 2:16 PM
  • We installed SP2 along with other Office and Patch Tuesday updates on September 11th.  Event 27 started appearing after that.  This may be a permissions issue, since Event 27 is not generated on when I open Outlook, but it is generated when other users do this, even other users who are members of the Administrators group.  The only difference I am aware of is that the updates were installed under my login.

• Proposed as answer by Cromdans Friday, September 13, 2013 6:12 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Cromdans Friday, September 13, 2013 6:12 PM
    Friday, September 13, 2013 5:15 PM
  • We installed SP2 along with other Office and Patch Tuesday updates on September 11th.  Event 27 started appearing after that.  This may be a permissions issue, since Event 27 is not generated on when I open Outlook, but it is generated when other users do this, even other users who are members of the Administrators group.  The only difference I am aware of is that the updates were installed under my login.

The updates of September 11th were all installed under my login as administrator and includes KB2760758 which is not a fix for KB2794707 as these are combined in the latest update. I am using Outlook version 14.0.7106.5001 and SP2 is not installed due to the errors generated. Subsequently I have uninstalled KB2794707 for the same reason. Both SP2 and KB2794707 generate this error message but do not appear to have an adverse affect to the function of Outlook. Not worth having due to the error messages generated so Microsoft need to find a fix and let us know when it is available.

• Proposed as answer by oldguy23 Saturday, September 14, 2013 2:43 PM
    Friday, September 13, 2013 6:48 PM
  • The updates of September 11th were all installed under my login as administrator and includes KB2760758 which is not a fix for KB2794707 as these are combined in the latest update. I am using Outlook version 14.0.7106.5001 and SP2 is not installed due to the errors generated. Subsequently I have uninstalled KB2794707 for the same reason. Both SP2 and KB2794707 generate this error message but do not appear to have an adverse affect to the function of Outlook. Not worth having due to the error messages generated so Microsoft need to find a fix and let us know when it is available.

Thanks for pointing out what turned out to be the answer for me.  At least the answer until Microsoft wakes up to this problem and releases a fix.

Like many others, I found Office SP2 started a flood of Event ID 27 warnings every time I opened Office.  I uninstalled SP2 which solved the problem until Update Tuesday this month.  On Sept. 10 there were a number of updates for Office 2010 released and after installing them the Event 27 flood was back.

I wasn't willing to spend the time trying to pin down which specific update was causing the problem but after reading  your post, uninstalling KB2794707 solved the problem for now.

For whatever it's worth, I spent some time live chatting with MS support, both for Office and for Windows.  They seemed to be unaware that this problem exists and although they tried, they were unable to provide any useful assistance.

Thanks again Cromdans.

Saturday, September 14, 2013 2:52 PM
  • I originally uninstalled SP2 (see my earlier replies) but on Friday (09/13) received a large number of updates for OL 2010.  I installed all of them including SP2 again, and the ID 27 warnings returned as expected.  They seem to be related to opening OL, which I normally do only once per day on this system which only has one user/admin (me) and four workstations, the other three powered on only sporadically when needed.  I'm only getting four ID 27 errors per incident, which isn't cramping my style any, and OL seems to work as it did before.

So, I'm just going to leave it as is and assume nothing is negative is going to come from it and MS will eventually fix the problem, but I won't hold my breath.  I've been getting ID 8003 ("bowser") errors once every 13 min. when the MS Virtual Machine (XP Mode) is active, which most of the time on this system, and MS will never fix that problem. It's innocuous like the OL warning.

• Edited by iclicker Sunday, September 15, 2013 1:14 PM
    Sunday, September 15, 2013 1:11 PM
  • The reason I wanted to stop the flood of Event ID 27 warnings was because it cluttered up Event Viewer and if I was looking for something else, it made that something else hard to find.

Different strokes, as always, but I suggest that if you uninstall SP2 and KB2794707 as suggested by Cromdans above, you will stop getting the warnings.  If you're OK with the warnings until (and if) MS comes out with another patch to stop them...so be it. :)

Sunday, September 15, 2013 3:16 PM
  • We have found that this error relates to shared calendars in Outlook. The more shared calendars you have, the more errors. Also, the errors are generated each time you LEAVE your calendar view. If you watch the event log, you'll see that visiting the calendar view does not cause the errors, but as soon as you switch back to your inbox, the errors are generated.

At least, this is the case in my environment. If anyone else cares to confirm, please do, but I doubt it will speed the fix process :-)

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 2:52 PM
  • Using the information provided by OneJeremias, I investigated further.  In our case, every users' Outlook has a shared company-wide calendar, and visiting or leaving this calendar does not generate Event 27.  Also, this calendar has a Permissions tab in its properties. 

It may be related to calendars in archive folders.  If you have archive folders open, close them.  Close and open Outlook.  Check for Event 27.

The properties of calendars in archive folders do not have a Permissions tab.  I think the Permissions tab is the missing property referenced in the Event 27 message.

SP2 and KB27947070 may have some code that looks for permission on calendars, even calendars in archive folders.  Prior to them calendars in archive folders may not have been checked for permissions.

• Edited by sejong Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:25 AM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2013 7:59 PM
  • Using the information provided by OneJeremias, I investigated further.  In our case, every users' Outlook has a shared company-wide calendar, and visiting or leaving this calendar does not generate Event 27.  Also, this calendar has a Permissions tab in its properties. 

It may be related to calendars in archive folders.  If you have archive folders open, close them.  Close and open Outlook.  Check for Event 27.

The properties of calendars in archive folders do not have a Permissions tab.  I think the Permissions tab is the missing property referenced in the Event 27 message.

SP2 and KB27947070 may have some code that looks for permission on calendars, even calendars in archive folders.  Prior to them calendars in archive folders may not have been checked for permissions.

I wonder if it has to do with a specific kind of shared calendar. The ones that generate these errors for us are the calendars that are part of another employee's profile. Our managers use this feature to be able to update an employee's calendar to reflect out of office status if the employee is out sick. These managers are the ones who show many errors, because they have many employee calendars in their calendar view. Maybe these calendars that are tied to actual employee mailboxes are different than a company-wide shared calendar? I don't know very much about exchange, so I can only speculate.
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:03 PM
  • Did you check if the instances of Outlook that generate Event 27 have archive folders open?

Did you check if the shared calendars that you think are generating Event 27 have a permissions tab?

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:11 PM
  • Ok, I just did some more testing, and low and behold, it's the pst files that are causing this problem. The problem had been masked because the systems we tested all happened to have many shared calendars as well, and they had the most errors. But we disconnected the pst files one by one, and could watch as the errors were reduced until they disappeared (we kept switching between calendar and mail views to get the error to generate).

Each pst file was causing at least three errors each time, but some may have been causing more. Thanks to sejong for prompting further testing.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:17 PM
  • To update my previous post based on OneJeremias's findings: it looks like the problem is calendar folders in .pst files.

• Edited by sejong Friday, September 20, 2013 12:20 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:32 PM
  • Ok...the .pst files are the problem, but at the risk of asking something obvious, what can a user do about it?
    Saturday, September 21, 2013 3:57 PM
  • We have found that this error relates to shared calendars in Outlook.The more shared calendars you have, the more errors. Also, the errors are generated each time you LEAVE your calendar view. If you watch the event log, you'll see that visiting the calendar view does not cause the errors, but as soon as you switch back to your inbox, the errors are generated.

At least, this is the case in my environment. If anyone else cares to confirm, please do, but I doubt it will speed the fix process :-)

I don't share the calendar and get four ID 27 errors only when OL opens.  If I open it at the beginning of the day, which is routine, I get only those four errors that day.  I get none when I switch from calendar to inbox and back.
    Saturday, September 21, 2013 7:03 PM
  • The problem is not shared calendars; it's the lack of permissions on calendar folders in .pst files. If your Outlook data file is a .pst file, try disabling the Exchange add-on. If your Outlook is associated with an Exchange mailbox and you have a .pst file, such as archive.pst open, close it.
    Or uninstall SP2 and KB27947070. Else,you probably have to live with Event 27 until Microsoft makes a fix available.

• Edited by sejong Saturday, September 21, 2013 7:17 PM
    Saturday, September 21, 2013 7:11 PM
  • I disabled then removed the Exchange add-on in Outlook.  When I reinstalled KB2794707 the Event 27's came right back.

I've once again uninstalled that update and will still be waiting for Microsoft to release a fix.

Sunday, September 22, 2013 8:24 PM
  • Possible cause - my backing up of drive containing open PST files.

Closing all open PSTs and closing Outlook 2010, re-opening Outlook and re-attaching PSTs.

Can now send and receive e-mails.

This happened on my home pc and since I work away during the week, initially thought that it may have been my ISP doing work at the weekend.

• Proposed as answer by Mantha0007 Monday, September 30, 2013 11:52 AM
    Sunday, September 29, 2013 6:18 PM
  • I had same problem, I "disconected" pst backup files and an old imported mailbox pst. Afther this the errors are gone.
    Monday, September 30, 2013 11:55 AM
  • We don't have any .pst files. We use Office 365 and our archives are on there.  We do have shared calendars though.

I uninstalled 2794707 and the problem is gone.  We haven't approved SP2 for install yet.

--Karla

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 1:59 PM
  • That's a SP2 build.

Do you have Outlook connector installed for MAPI hotmail access?

Thursday, October 03, 2013 3:35 AM
  • The problem is not shared calendars; it's the lack of permissions on calendar folders in .pst files. If your Outlook data file is a .pst file, try disabling the Exchange add-on. If your Outlook is associated with an Exchange mailbox and you have a .pst file, such as archive.pst open, close it.
    Or uninstall SP2 and KB27947070. Else,you probably have to live with Event 27 until Microsoft makes a fix available.

I have the same problem. I disabling the Exchange add-on but it doesn’t work.
    The message appears two times every time when I starts the Outlook program.

How do I "disconected" pst backup files (message from Mantha0007) ???

• Edited by Tuesday, October 08, 2013 9:18 PM
    Tuesday, October 08, 2013 9:17 PM
  • I also have that problem, and I thought that the Office updates would fix it.

I do not use Exchange, this is a stand-alone installation.

Biggest problem it generates for me is that I synchronize my Outlook with my Blackberry (Torch 9810, OS 7), and since Office SP2, it won't synchronize from Outlook to the device, only from device to Outlook. And that is my biggest problem now.

I understand that Blackberries are  not the most favourite smartphone for everyone and I don't want to start a debate on iPhones, Androids or anything. I know why I chose BB and nobody will make me change my opinion.

But I want to be able to synchronize. I will uninstall SP2 and let you know if it fixes the issue.

Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:59 PM
  • Just reporting I've noticed the same error  ... 10000's of them

Tried disabling the exchange addin as I'm running local without exchange on home pc ... using on pst.   Anytime I access Outlook appears to cause the event 27 

Although I uninstalled KB2794707 too ... still got the errors. 

I'll ignore these errors and wait for the official fix 

• Edited by WarningU2 Friday, October 18, 2013 5:38 PM
    Friday, October 18, 2013 4:33 PM
  • 10-21-2013

I am getting these errors on my remote desktop server. It's gotten so bad it's starting to cause some collateral problems.

I hope they fix this problem soon.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:45 PM
  • Same here. Waiting for fix...

Marcelo - un webmaster de Argentina

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:17 AM
  • still getting this error...
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:14 PM
  • Well the good news it's finally got a KB

The bad news is the workarounds suck

Event ID 27, "Calendar Folder property is missing," after you apply Office 2010 SP2:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2883156/en-us?sd=rss&spid=14864

Don't Retire TechNet

Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:37 PM
  • Please open a case or describe the problems.  Microsoft only sees this as 'cosmetic".

Don't Retire TechNet

Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:38 PM
  • I am still getting the "Calendar Folder property is empty."  We are running exchange and have shared calendars, groups, and contacts.  This solution is not helping us.  Therefor I wait for a fix to this so I can apply SP2.

Microsoft please fix!

Monday, October 28, 2013 8:04 PM
  • I got word back as follows:

As of now, the product group has consolidated similar cases and            
    currently working on the fix for the Event 27 issue, which            
    is planned for the December 2013 Cumulative            
    Update. Timelines can change for a number of reasons, and if            
    a change does occur I will provide you with an update.  You            
    can find information on the Cumulative Update release            
    schedule here:  953878.             

We have also published documentation on the Event 27 issue            
    in Knowledge Base Article 2883156

Unfortunately TechNet isn't coming back, sorry folks :-(

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:34 AM
  • Installing KB2837597 causes these errors on my system (SP1), also.
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:43 PM
  • I've had to remove all office related updates in the last month or so, including Tuesday's.  Hard to believe that MSoft can't get its ducks lined up to fix the "Calendar error."

amateurish and embarrassing.

rboris

Friday, November 15, 2013 11:30 AM
  • Installing KB2837597 causes these errors on my system (SP1), also.

I'm not so concerned (other than annoyed) with the Error ID 27 issue, but this KB2837597 update is what I finally narrowed down as the cause for my Outlook 2010 crashing hard (not responding, close now) whenever I open up my calendar.

I removed all Outlook related updates recently installed (including SP2), everything worked fine, and then added them back one at a time until the calendar started crashing again (on this KB2837597).  Removed just this one, applied everything else, and I'm still working fine.

Anyone else getting crashes like that?

Keith

Friday, December 06, 2013 7:17 PM
  • Update Tuesday for December is here and after the updates are all installed I'm still getting the Outlook generated Event 27.

I'm stunned that this problem has been going on for almost 6 months now and MS still hasn't found and released a fix for it. 

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:15 PM
  • Still.not.fixed.

Still.

Well done, Microsoft. 

Sheesh.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:57 PM
  • Event ID 27, "Calendar Folder property is missing," after you apply

Office 2010 SP2:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2883156

If you are suffering from that

Try this hotfix:

Description of the Outlook 2010 hotfix package (Outlook-x-none.msp):
    December 10, 2013
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2849973

So far it has fixed it for me.  Holler back if it doesn't for you.

Unfortunately TechNet isn't coming back, sorry folks :-(

• Proposed as answer by Roady [MVP]MVP Friday, December 13, 2013 9:09 AM
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:01 PM
  • Thanks for the Hotfix! Works fine!

Instant response, good documentation and fast fix of the problem... as you would expect from a market leader. *insertironicsmileyofyourchoice*
    Saturday, December 14, 2013 9:51 PM
  • I just installed today's updates updates and then launched Outlook 2010 to find the two warnings did not appear!! Looks like Microsoft may have fixed it with today's updates.  
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:35 AM