none
outlook 2010 - send email getting stuck in outbox.

Question

• I have an XP pro with all windows updates installed. outlook 2010(32bit) installed. when sending a email the email gets stuck in outbox with 'none' next to the date/time. ( we have to fully restart the workstation for this email to be sent, and this is to all replys. a new one, forwarding one or replying to one ) we are using pop3 ( godaddy) and we have other users using the same domain name so the email server is not the issue.

i have done the following.

backed up pst file and uninstalled and reinstalled outlook 2010.

created a new pst file.

double checked settings for the mail server and in the options of ' send right away when connected '

any other ideas/questions would be great. thank you.

Monday, May 14, 2012 1:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• i have found a thread about exporting the contacts to an excel file and importing them into a new pst file but outlook is saying the feature is not available to do this. and i completely reinstalled outlook 2010 and reinstalled. is is pst file messed up? something else?

update:

When sending/reply/forwarding/ with or without attachments the email will get stuck in outbox folder and will stay there tell we restart outlook 2010 and it will finally send the email. any solution to this please??

Monday, May 14, 2012 2:11 PM
  • Hi,

You can try this:

1. Work offline, move the stuck mail into another folder. Restart Outlook and Work online to send it again.
    2. Temporarily uninstall or disable firewall and antivirus software.
    3. Test in Outlook safe mode.

For more reference, see blow:
    http://www.outlook-tips.net/how-to/delete-a-message-stuck-outbox
    http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Tony Chen

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:02 AM
  • the problem isn't it isn't sending at all, the problem is it isn't sending when it should be sent.

1pm i send a email or forward one, it moves its self to the outbox folder and sits there till i restart outlook or the computer and when i re-open outlook back up the email is sent and gone.

so every time i send a email i have to move to offline mode and move the stuck email to another folder restart outlook and then work online mode and send it again??? that makes zero sense.

i have already disabled windows firewall and ESET nod32 anti virus.

have not tested in outlook safemode yet.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 5:14 PM
  • I know. Please continue to test the result in safe mode.

Furthermore, the stuck Read Receipt will also cause such problem, download MDBVU32.EXE from Microsoft to remove these items as the following steps is also proposed.
    http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm

Let me know the results.

Tony Chen

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 9:25 AM
  • check this link this may help you

http://superuser.com/questions/251444/why-do-some-emails-sent-in-outlook-2010-get-stuck-in-outbox-with-date-set-to-no

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:33 PM
  • When sending a email it doesn't always stay in the outbox very long. these emails get sent to outbox then get sent out on their way. but some emails sits in there till he restarts his outlook and reopen it again. its very annoying. all of these links are for issues like ( stuck email and can't delete ) and such, that isn't my problem. i ran outlook in safe mode and emailed myself and it sat there till i restarted outlook, there is an issue here. please help me.
    Monday, May 21, 2012 7:50 PM
  • Did you ever find a solution.  We have users with the same problem.  It seems like every few days and email gets stuck on the Outbox.  We also found that moving the email to drafts, then hitting send on it again will sometimes work.  What AV are you using and does it have an Outlook plugin?

Thanks,

Ron

Thursday, January 10, 2013 9:55 PM