none
How can I activate office 2013 professional plus with a MSDN product key ?

Question

• I have office professional plus 2013 x64. I'm trying to activate it with my MSDN product key but it says "This key is for a different version of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 than what's currently installed"

However the product key is for Office pro plus 2013 x64 and x86! So, what's the problem here?

• Moved by George Hua -MSFT Friday, August 23, 2013 2:15 AM activate office 2013 professional
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:04 PM

Answers

• Sorry for the late reply. I was not able to reach the Internet.

Actually, I removed the Office .exe file and installed it again. Now, it's working correctly with me.

Thanks for your support.
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:48 PM
  • The problem could be one of these:

1. Install volume license edition rather than retail
    2. install too many keys in your office some of them need to uninstall first
    3. You are using a block key.

In the mean time use this cmd scrip and post the screenshot here: (hide the private infomation)

1. Find out your key and installation screen:
    cmd+admin

cscript "C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\ospp.vbs" /dstatus

[for x86 bit office on x64 bit Windows]

OR
    cmd+admin

cscript "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\ospp.vbs" /dstatus

[for x64 bit office on x64 bit Windows or x86 on x86]

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 10:22 AM

All replies

• The problem could be one of these:

1. Install volume license edition rather than retail
    2. install too many keys in your office some of them need to uninstall first
    3. You are using a block key.

In the mean time use this cmd scrip and post the screenshot here: (hide the private infomation)

1. Find out your key and installation screen:
    cmd+admin

cscript "C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\ospp.vbs" /dstatus

[for x86 bit office on x64 bit Windows]

OR
    cmd+admin

cscript "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\ospp.vbs" /dstatus

[for x64 bit office on x64 bit Windows or x86 on x86]

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 10:22 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 4:55 AM
  • Hi,
    I'm marking the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days.
    If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Sunday, September 01, 2013 5:56 AM
  • Sorry for the late reply. I was not able to reach the Internet.

Actually, I removed the Office .exe file and installed it again. Now, it's working correctly with me.

Thanks for your support.
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:48 PM
  • Hey,

Thanks for the reply. Just to note the command seems to be case sensitive cscript "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\OSPP.VBS" /dstatus

Notice OSPP.VBS vs ospp.vbs - the command worked once I shift-clicked and "Copy from path'd" the OSPP file.

cscript must run case sensitive parameters

Worked perfect after that

Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:00 AM