none
style sheet at site level

Question

• Hi All,

Is it possible to  custom style sheet at the subsite level with design permissions only and modify the look and feel of the site from sharepoint designer 2010 only. Supposing one has no access to top level site or to 14 hive folder. Is it possible to change the look and feel of a subsite or a site only.

Regards

Ameek

Friday, January 04, 2013 6:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Ameek,

If you want to use custom style sheet in SharePoint Designer, you can add the css file to a library, then reference the relative path to use it in your site. It is not necessary to be in the root site Style Library, you can use it the same way in sub-site.

Thanks,

Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Ameek1 Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:55 PM
    Wednesday, January 09, 2013 4:44 AM

All replies

• I suppose that you will be deploying a SharePoint solution to the farm. In the solution you can add a custom masterpage with the specific stylesheet. You can apply this masterpage on the particular web. You can deploy the CSS stylesheet in the LAYOUTS folders. 

For publishing sites it will be possible to upload a custom stylesheet to the style library and customize the masterpage for a site.

SharePoint Developer | @zeemanj | Blog

Friday, January 04, 2013 8:18 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for eplying. I don't have access to layouts folder. But I want to apply a custom style sheet to a site by sharepoint designer only. Is it possiblle? Its a wiki site. I cannot see style library folder with sharepoint designer.

Is it possible to add a custom style sheet.

Thanks

Ameek

Friday, January 04, 2013 9:18 PM
  • You can upload the stylesheet in the top level site. The top level site has a special group called Style Resource Readers allowing all authenticated users to have access to the style library.

SharePoint Developer | @zeemanj | Blog

Saturday, January 05, 2013 2:55 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for replying me. But my question is how to apply a custom style sheet with sharepoint designer, if you don't have access to top level site and 14 hive.

Thanks

Ameek

Sunday, January 06, 2013 7:17 PM
  • Hi Ameek,

If you want to use custom style sheet in SharePoint Designer, you can add the css file to a library, then reference the relative path to use it in your site. It is not necessary to be in the root site Style Library, you can use it the same way in sub-site.

Thanks,

Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Ameek1 Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:55 PM
    Wednesday, January 09, 2013 4:44 AM