none
Visio Error 110

Question

• I have a user who checks out a visio file from SP 2007.  When she opens it, she received the following error:  An error (110) occured during the action open file.  We cannot write to the file.  The file has been opened read-only.  I am unable to reproduce this error, and the user has contribute rights to the library.  Any suggestions?
    mardi 9 avril 2013 15:21

Réponses

• The 100 series errors usually means that Visio can not make sense of the file. As pointed out, it could be because someone is trying to open it with an older version of Visio. SP2013 uses the Visio 2013 file format but older versions needed to have the Visio file format published in a different format. That format could not be opened by converted back or opened by Visio. I am far from a SharePoint expert, but I do not think you can store a Visio file in SP2007.

John... the original Visio MVP (since 1993) Visio.MVPs.org

dimanche 14 avril 2013 10:39

Toutes les réponses

• Can anybody else open the file (assumes everyone that touchs the file is using the same version of Visio)?

al

If this answer solves your problem, please check Mark as Answered. If this answer helps, please click the Vote as Helpful button. Al Edlund Visio MVP

mardi 9 avril 2013 16:30
  • Hi,

Make sure that all the users are using the same version of Visio to open the file.

Jaynet Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

jeudi 11 avril 2013 09:47
  • The 100 series errors usually means that Visio can not make sense of the file. As pointed out, it could be because someone is trying to open it with an older version of Visio. SP2013 uses the Visio 2013 file format but older versions needed to have the Visio file format published in a different format. That format could not be opened by converted back or opened by Visio. I am far from a SharePoint expert, but I do not think you can store a Visio file in SP2007.

John... the original Visio MVP (since 1993) Visio.MVPs.org

dimanche 14 avril 2013 10:39
  • Yes, I can open the file save it check it in with no problems...
    vendredi 17 mai 2013 19:41