none
Neither Excel 2010 program nor files open.

שאלה

• Gentlemen,

My Excel 2010 is about two years old. My PC runs on Windows 7. It has been working fine, but yesterday suddenly I was unable to open either new file or old files. Each time a small Excel icons show up on the bottom row of the screen, but they will not open to the full screen. First time when this problem occurred, a window showed up momentarily indicating something about "corrupt icon".  Do I need to reinstall Microsoft Office 2010 to correct this problem? If so, do I lose all the existing files? Any help will be appreciated. Regards, Paul

יום חמישי 22 מרץ 2012 23:42

תשובות

כל התגובות

• You can have registry problems.

Try to recover Office from Control panel/programs.../office/fix

Or run in safe mode and swith off all unnessesery adds.

Oskar Shon, Office System MVP

Press if Helpful; Answer when a problem solved

יום שישי 23 מרץ 2012 07:11
  • Oskar,

Thank you for your response. Based on your recommendation, I restarted in Safe Mode. I was able to open the Excel file that I was working on. But a warning window showed up indicating that Office was unable to verify the license, it will shut down. So, I was unable to do anything with the file. But I guess at least this confirms that the default settings and basic drivers are ok. Now, I would like to switch off all unncessary adds as you recommended. But I do not know how to do that. I would appreciate it if you can tell me how, or show me a good website showing the procedure.

Thank you and regards,

Paul

Paul Hashimoto

שבת 24 מרץ 2012 22:59
  • Hi,

To remove the add-ins, you can refer to the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280504

Sincerely
    Rex Zhang

Rex Zhang

TechNet Community Support

יום חמישי 29 מרץ 2012 08:49