none
Display more than one person in a calendar view

שאלה

• Wew are using SharePoint 2007 and I have created an on call list consisting of:

• Date Start
    • Date End
    • Primary On Call
    • Secondary On Call

I've added a calendar view and can display the primary on call just fine.

How can I add the secondary on call to the calendar view?

יום שני 20 פברואר 2012 17:18

כל התגובות

• Hello,

If I am guessing correctly I think you would like to display the "Primary On Call" and "Secondary on call" coulmns. If that is the case then you need to modify the view. Select the view and click Modify view there you will have to choose the columns that you would like to display.

Hope the information helps!

Thanks & Regards, Chandra Shekhar

יום שני 20 פברואר 2012 18:52
  • Thanks for the reply, however in the calendar columns I'm limited to a single column for the month view.
    יום שני 20 פברואר 2012 18:55
  • Hi sifuhall,

Calendar Month view can only display one column, you can use a Calculated column to combine columns Primary on Call and Secondary on Call using character & similar like this:

="Primary on Call:"&[Primary on Call]&", "&"Secondary on Call:"&[Secondary on Call]

Please see below article related to this topic,

http://referpages.com/wp/2011/02/spcalendarview/

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

יום רביעי 22 פברואר 2012 04:59
  • Thank you for the reply, however a calculated field cannot use the person field type.
    יום רביעי 22 פברואר 2012 10:54
  • Hi sifuhall,

As a workaround, you can use a workflow to Build Dynamic String and update this value to the current item Text column, it will display the user's account, then you can add this column in Month view.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

יום רביעי 22 פברואר 2012 11:23
  • Thank you for the reply.

The purpose of this webpart is to allow an end user to easily identify who is on call and quickly access the contact info of that person.

If I use a workflow to build a dynamic string will the end user still be able to click on the name of the primary or secondary on call and have that person's info displayed?

יום רביעי 22 פברואר 2012 11:26
  • Hi sifuhall,

What ever you put in as the text in the calender view it will always link to the item.  So it wont matter about the user link in the calculated or workflow created item.

When the user clicks on the calender item they will be brought to the item and from there they can just click on the Primary or secondary user link as normal.

I would recommend the caluclated column because if a user is changed the column should update itself.  If you use a workflow you need to have the workflow run again for it to update.

Hope that helps

B

• הוצע כתשובה על-ידי bmcomp יום שני 27 פברואר 2012 21:40
    יום רביעי 22 פברואר 2012 14:16
  • I didn't know it was possible to add a data type person to a calculated field.

How can I do this?

יום רביעי 22 פברואר 2012 15:07
  • Sorry that slipped my mind!

You will have to go with the workflow.  Just set it to run when a new item is create and when an item is edited/changed.

יום רביעי 22 פברואר 2012 15:46