none
Cannot schedule meeting in Outlook with mailbox outside Lync AD domain.

שאלה

• we have a problem scheduling meetings via. installed Lync add-in in Outlook
    users mail domain and their mailboxes are outside AD forest where the Lync server is deployed and there are no trusts between domains established. 

creating scheduled meeting user received an error >
    "You cannot schedule the online meeting because you are not UC enabled or there may be issues with your Communications Server account. Make sure you are signed in to the same account you use for Microsoft Outlook. If the problem continues, please contact your support team."
    יום שני 07 מרץ 2011 14:14

תשובות

• "as I understand there is no connection between Exchange and Lync scheduling."

Well for this, the answer is definitely no. Once Lync and Exchange are integrated in the client by Enabling Exchange/Outlook to be your personal information manager, Exchange is used to house the meeting information as well since entries are made in the Outlook calendar. Free/Busy information is brought down to the Lync client via EWS if automatic configuration is used. There is a huge amount of interoperability put into place if the you happen to use Exchange, Lync, Sharepoint, or Office. 

What you may want to try is having the mail user have the primary SMTP domain URI be the same as the SIP domain. Then add in a second SMTP address for the current SMTP address.  

The problem you are seeing here is more than likely, whiole you can authenticate to Lync for the scheduling, when changes are made to Exchange the client cannot authenticate correctly and the meeting creation fails.

Unfortunately, to get further support on this issue, I will need to ask that you open a case with CTS. If you are a Premier customer, please contact your TAM to open a case. If not, please contact 1-800-936-4900 to open a case.

Richard McGiboney, Support Escalation Engineer, Microsoft
    • סומן כתשובה על-ידי Rowen-XuModerator יום שישי 01 אפריל 2011 01:53
    יום שלישי 29 מרץ 2011 00:15

כל התגובות

• Dear,

In your situation external users can not schedule meeting.

They are in different domains and no account in Lync server reside domain. No permission to do this action.

But if they receive invitations , they could join the meeting.

Best Regards.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    יום שלישי 08 מרץ 2011 06:06
  • Thanks for your answer.

They have account in Lync domain.

They are able to logon to Lync and they can create meetings URL, but only adhoc meetings from Lync client, not from Outlook.

יום שלישי 08 מרץ 2011 09:20
  • Dear,

Please verify if email account is the same as sip user account?

They are must matched before schedule a meeting.

Regards!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    יום רביעי 09 מרץ 2011 07:29
  • As I wrote, an e-mail address and sip address must be different. Exchange infrastructure and Lync server infrastructure is separated and it cannot be changed. It is not possible to have same e-mail and sip user accounts. I understand that it is necessary to have same account when you want use it for presence ( it is still possible to turn off the e-mail and sip address check in case the accounts are in same active directory forest ) but It is a bit confused that verified sip account are not able to schedule meeting, as I understand there is no connection between Exchange and Lync scheduling.

יום רביעי 09 מרץ 2011 09:06
  • "as I understand there is no connection between Exchange and Lync scheduling."

Well for this, the answer is definitely no. Once Lync and Exchange are integrated in the client by Enabling Exchange/Outlook to be your personal information manager, Exchange is used to house the meeting information as well since entries are made in the Outlook calendar. Free/Busy information is brought down to the Lync client via EWS if automatic configuration is used. There is a huge amount of interoperability put into place if the you happen to use Exchange, Lync, Sharepoint, or Office. 

What you may want to try is having the mail user have the primary SMTP domain URI be the same as the SIP domain. Then add in a second SMTP address for the current SMTP address.  

The problem you are seeing here is more than likely, whiole you can authenticate to Lync for the scheduling, when changes are made to Exchange the client cannot authenticate correctly and the meeting creation fails.

Unfortunately, to get further support on this issue, I will need to ask that you open a case with CTS. If you are a Premier customer, please contact your TAM to open a case. If not, please contact 1-800-936-4900 to open a case.

Richard McGiboney, Support Escalation Engineer, Microsoft
    • סומן כתשובה על-ידי Rowen-XuModerator יום שישי 01 אפריל 2011 01:53
    יום שלישי 29 מרץ 2011 00:15
  • Is the requirement that the SIP URI and Email Address be identical a new requirement in Lync? If so can you point me to documentation.

This scenario workes fine if you use the Live Meeting addin because you can specify the credientals that you want to use in the addin settings. I appears that now there is no way to set the Lync Online Meeting Addin Propteries. From the Lync side there is a registry setting to allow the email domain to be different.  I think this is very short sighted while I agree for the standard entrerprise deplpolyment the need to click the check settings button was a pain but to fix that by making it os there is no way to provide login credintals is very short sighted and breaks a very useful setting that was available in OCS 2007 and OCS 2007 R2.

For example we are a Lync Hoster selling Lync with SIP Trunking  to customers that may have thier own Exchange Enviroment. We set the Registry to ignore the email check on Lync, add the SIP URI to the local Exchange AD and everything works fine except they can not shehdule Online Meetings. Their Email is in one AD enviroment and the Lync in another.

שבת 09 אפריל 2011 06:05
  • This is EXACTLY why Lync sucks. This is so confusing, difficult and a major pita. This is why we still use Webex or GotoMeeting instead.

When is Microsoft going to make Lync mor like LiveMeeting or Webex or GotoMeeting?

In order to do things like "What you may want to try is having the mail user have the primary SMTP domain URI be the same as the SIP domain. Then add in a second SMTP address for the current SMTP address." is a major undertaking for non techy users and an even bigger pain for admins to have to go in and reconfigure dozens or hundreds of desktops.

Mike
    יום חמישי 01 ספטמבר 2011 18:01
  • Just simply make the two AD accounts with the same email address in the AD user properties.

http://jackiechen.org/2012/02/20/lync-integration-with-exchangeoutlook-from-another-domain/

יום שני 20 פברואר 2012 05:51