none
Trial Version of MSO 2010 for Windows Server 2003

Pertanyaan

• We have a SBS 2003 environment with two Terminal Servers. One TS is a Windows 2008 R2 box used for production applications and the other is a Windows 2003 TS box used for testing.

My question: I want to be able to test Microsoft Office 2010 on our test Terminal Server but I can not find a trial version of MSO 2010 that will allow me to do this. Is this even possible? Is there a Trial Version that I can download and test in a TS environment?

I contacted MS Pre-Sales last week and they gave me a website that would allow me to download the Trial version of MSO 2010 for 60 days that would run on a Windows server. Unfortunately, the product key portion of the website wasn't working. Still not working as of this morning. I then call TechNet for help and they said that the website in question wasn't theirs (?) and they contacted another department in MS. This third MS group said they don't support this over the phone and that I would have to submit a "support" email. When I went to the website they gave me to submit my question/problem, it prompted me for $$$.

So, in the end, I'm lost as to how can I test MSO 2010 on a Terminal Server without having to purchase a Volume License. I was hoping that MS would allow you to test this product out before committing to a purchase.

Any help or guidance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thomas

07 September 2010 12:38

Jawaban

• David,

This is a follow-up to yesterday: I contacted Digital River yesterday and they gave me a Product Key over the phone. When I tried to use it, I received an error message saying that I had an invalid key. Being a little frustrated over the situation I stopped working on this issue for the day.

Then today, I went back into the webpage http://technet.microsoft.com/hi-in/evalcenter/ee390818.aspx and clicked on the "Get Started Now" button. It asked for my userid and password (Microsoft Live Id). This time, a new Product Key appeared on screen which I promptly printed out. I then used this Product Key which is different than the one Digital River gave me yesterday and this time I was able to begin and complete the MSO 2010 software installation process.

I don't know if talking to the support person at Digital River cause the key to appear on the webpage. They did ask me for my email address to ensure that I did register.

Thanks again for sending me to Digital River.

Tom

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh Jennifer Zhan 13 September 2010 2:18
    10 September 2010 19:49

Semua Balasan

• Hi Thomas,

You can download Office Home and Business 2010/Office Home and Student 2010/Office Professional 2010 trial version here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/try/try-office-2010-FX101868838.aspx?WT%2Emc%5Fid=MSCOM%5Fbnr%5Fenus%5Ftry

In this page, when you click "Try it now" then input your name, you can see trial license and product key. Click "Install Now" to install the application by using Click-to-Run.

Also if you want to download Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 (60-Day evaluation expiration), you can goto this page: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/ee390818.aspx

Hope it helps.

08 September 2010 2:43
  • Thomas,

The trial download site belongs to 'Digital River'. They can be reached here:

Phone Support
    Order Support by Digital River
    1-877-427-5521 (Toll-Free for customers calling within the United States)
    8:00am-8:00pm Central Standard Time | Monday-Friday
    I just signed up for the trial download yesterday and received my key. I was able to see the key on the webpage and in the email I received from them. However another person just said the same as you, that the keys are not working. So I recommend that you call them to get the key issue worked out.
    Thanks,
    David
    08 September 2010 13:18
  • Jennifer,
     Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the first link you supplied is for a stand-alone desktop version of Office. I am looking for a version that I can evaluate on our Terminal server (2008 R2).

As for the second link, this is the link I was having problems with. It supplies the correct version of the software to evaluate for a server, but it doesn't supply a Product Key which you have to have in order to install the software.

It seems that David, someone else you responded to my post, has the name of the company that supports the link you provided. Please read his posting.

Thank you,
    Thomas

09 September 2010 16:05
  • David,

Thanks for the information. I will give this company a call. I'm surprised that no one at Microsoft would provide me with that information.

I'll follow up on this thread after I call Digital River.

Thomas

09 September 2010 16:06
  • David,

This is a follow-up to yesterday: I contacted Digital River yesterday and they gave me a Product Key over the phone. When I tried to use it, I received an error message saying that I had an invalid key. Being a little frustrated over the situation I stopped working on this issue for the day.

Then today, I went back into the webpage http://technet.microsoft.com/hi-in/evalcenter/ee390818.aspx and clicked on the "Get Started Now" button. It asked for my userid and password (Microsoft Live Id). This time, a new Product Key appeared on screen which I promptly printed out. I then used this Product Key which is different than the one Digital River gave me yesterday and this time I was able to begin and complete the MSO 2010 software installation process.

I don't know if talking to the support person at Digital River cause the key to appear on the webpage. They did ask me for my email address to ensure that I did register.

Thanks again for sending me to Digital River.

Tom

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh Jennifer Zhan 13 September 2010 2:18
    10 September 2010 19:49