none
Can not accept calendar invites

Domanda

• When someone sends us a calendar invite, we cannot accept it from Outlook:  it says "you are the meeting organizer and you don’t need to accept it"  If we then forward that invite to ourselves, we can then accept it.  But then any follow up changes can't be accepted at all.  This must be a problem in our exchange server since it is a company wide issue.  Anyone know how to correct this?  Thank you.

Rob
    giovedì 12 maggio 2011 18:50

Risposte

• Hi,

Here is one solution to the problem.

If the user/account that sends the meeting request (ie: John P. Doe) has the same ‘display name’ as the invited attendee (ie: John P. Doe), then Outlook 2010 thinks the meeting organizer is the same person as the attendee. Therefore, Outlook 2010 will not let you ACCEPT the meeting request, but instead shows; “You are the meeting organizer and you do not need to accept it.”

A work around to this issue is to insure the display names are not exactly the same. Change one of the display names to (ie: John Doe) and the other (ie: John P. Doe). Once I made changes to one of the display names, Outlook 2010 then allowed me to ACCEPT the meeting invite.

Sincerely

Harry

lunedì 16 maggio 2011 06:02

Tutte le risposte

• Hi,

Here is one solution to the problem.

If the user/account that sends the meeting request (ie: John P. Doe) has the same ‘display name’ as the invited attendee (ie: John P. Doe), then Outlook 2010 thinks the meeting organizer is the same person as the attendee. Therefore, Outlook 2010 will not let you ACCEPT the meeting request, but instead shows; “You are the meeting organizer and you do not need to accept it.”

A work around to this issue is to insure the display names are not exactly the same. Change one of the display names to (ie: John Doe) and the other (ie: John P. Doe). Once I made changes to one of the display names, Outlook 2010 then allowed me to ACCEPT the meeting invite.

Sincerely

Harry

lunedì 16 maggio 2011 06:02
  • Thanks for the response,

The names of the sender and the name of the invitee are totally 100% unrelated:  this happens with every calendar invite sent.  The invite can be accepted on a smartphone, or thru webmail.  It cannot be accepted thru Outlook.  If someone within the company sends the invite to another person in the company, the whole process works just fine. 

Rob
    mercoledì 18 maggio 2011 13:44
  • I have a similar situation, but I'm not excited about thrying the display name fix.

A delegate made a change to a recurring meeting and then got a conflict warning, then tried to clear the conflict and it ended up removing the series completely (fun suff).

The mailbox owner is the CEO :-/ We tried forwarding the same meeting series to him from the CFO's calendar, but get the error mentioned about about "you are the organizer..." and it it still not on the CEO's calendar.

Are there only two options (1. try the display name change, accept it, then change the display name back; 2. Just delete the series and recreate it)?

giovedì 16 giugno 2011 18:21