none
Visio Viewer 2010 64-bit installer?

질문

• I read Office 2010 64-bit needs all Office related applications installed on the PC to also be 64-bit, so I'm looking for a 64-bit version of Visio Viewer.

When I look for this, all I can find is a 64-bit version of the service pack.  Where is the 64-bit version of the viewer itself?

I don't see any reference to 64-bit version in the link below.  It is compatible with 64-bit Windows, but doesn't say if the application itself is 64-bit.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=21701

2012년 1월 18일 수요일 오후 1:44

답변

• We ended up just using the 32-bit version of everything because we were not going to have any usable benefit from the 64-bit version of Office 2010 and it adds incompatibilities.

I also noticed Visio Viewer is now available as an added optional component you can select when you do a custom installation of Office 2010.  Maybe the 64-bit version of Visio Viewer is only available from the Office 2010 suite 64-bit installer and is not offered as a standalone download from Microsoft.com like the 32-bit version of Visio Viewer.

That kind of makes sense to prevent people who have the 32-bit version of Office from  trying to install the 64-bit version of Visio Viewer, but Microsoft should have made that clear at the Visio Viewer download site. 

• 답변으로 표시됨 MyGposts 2012년 3월 26일 월요일 오전 2:25
    • 편집됨 MyGposts 2012년 3월 26일 월요일 오전 2:26
    2012년 3월 26일 월요일 오전 2:23
  • The ONLY WAY to install Visio Viewer 2010 64-bit is with the Office 2010 64-bit installer.  It's set as default in the installation.  If you have installed Office 2010 64-bit you already have the 64-bit version of Visio Viewer installed (unless you hit 'customize' and set visio viewer not to install.)
    • 편집됨 JBolish 2012년 6월 20일 수요일 오후 3:09 More words.
    • 답변으로 표시됨 William Zhou CHNModerator 2012년 6월 28일 목요일 오전 9:02
    2012년 6월 20일 수요일 오후 2:59

모든 응답

• The Visio Viewer is an add-in for the Browser and doesn't have the Office dependencies.

al

If this answer solves your problem, please check Mark as Answered. If this answer helps, please click the Vote as Helpful button. Al Edlund Visio MVP
    2012년 1월 18일 수요일 오후 2:29
  • Hi,

You need to download VISIO Viewer directly from your link. It works with the both 32 bit and 64 bit OS. See System Requirements section there. Actually Visio Viewer is an ActiveX control that runs inside the Internet Explorer and renders your drawing on it. So no need of searching for 64 bit version. Just go ahead and download and run it... to install

For any Visio Binary (.vsd) and XML (.vdx) just double click on the file and it will open the VisioViewer inside the Internet Explorer to view your drawing.

Thanks

Rehan Bharucha - The Tech Robot

MCTS, MCITP, MCPD, MCT, MCC

2012년 1월 22일 일요일 오전 6:55
  • Hi,

You need to download VISIO Viewer directly from your link. It works with the both 32 bit and 64 bit OS. See System Requirements section there. Actually Visio Viewer is an ActiveX control that runs inside the Internet Explorer and renders your drawing on it. So no need of searching for 64 bit version. Just go ahead and download and run it... to install

For any Visio Binary (.vsd) and XML (.vdx) just double click on the file and it will open the VisioViewer inside the Internet Explorer to view your drawing.

Thanks

What doesn't make sense is why is there are separate 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Visio Viewer service packs if the viewer itself comes in only one version.
    2012년 1월 23일 월요일 오전 5:02
  • Hi,

There is nothing about making or not making sense sir...

The Visio Viewer is an activeX control which is developed to run on a browser. So instead of making seperate x86 or x64 bit controls, they might have decided to develop seperate viewer controls. x86 and x64 makes sense when we consider the speed of data processing but in Visio Viewer there is no matter of speed so it rather makes sense as it is right now that there should be a single version capable of running on any CPUs.

Thanks

2012년 1월 23일 월요일 오후 1:29
  • That answer itself doesn't make sense compared to the links to the viewer and the service pack.

Why is there a 64-bit version of the Service Pack?

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26638

In the system requirements it says:

This update applies to the following product:

Microsoft Visio Viewer 2010, 64-bit Edition

There is a separate SP1 installer at a different link for 32-bit

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26641

Microsoft refers to "Microsoft Visio Viewer, 64-bit"  by name at the link to the 64-bit service pack, but doesn't say anything about any such version at the link to the installer of the viewer.   This is needlessly confusing and contradictory.  

2012년 1월 23일 월요일 오후 3:03
  • I'm having the same problem! Even though the 32 bit version may work, I want to install the 64 bit version, since I have 64 bit Office installed... And especially since there is a separate 64 bit Service Pack available. Have you received an answer from anywhere?
    2012년 3월 26일 월요일 오전 12:57
  • We ended up just using the 32-bit version of everything because we were not going to have any usable benefit from the 64-bit version of Office 2010 and it adds incompatibilities.

I also noticed Visio Viewer is now available as an added optional component you can select when you do a custom installation of Office 2010.  Maybe the 64-bit version of Visio Viewer is only available from the Office 2010 suite 64-bit installer and is not offered as a standalone download from Microsoft.com like the 32-bit version of Visio Viewer.

That kind of makes sense to prevent people who have the 32-bit version of Office from  trying to install the 64-bit version of Visio Viewer, but Microsoft should have made that clear at the Visio Viewer download site. 

• 답변으로 표시됨 MyGposts 2012년 3월 26일 월요일 오전 2:25
    • 편집됨 MyGposts 2012년 3월 26일 월요일 오전 2:26
    2012년 3월 26일 월요일 오전 2:23
  • The ONLY WAY to install Visio Viewer 2010 64-bit is with the Office 2010 64-bit installer.  It's set as default in the installation.  If you have installed Office 2010 64-bit you already have the 64-bit version of Visio Viewer installed (unless you hit 'customize' and set visio viewer not to install.)
    • 편집됨 JBolish 2012년 6월 20일 수요일 오후 3:09 More words.
    • 답변으로 표시됨 William Zhou CHNModerator 2012년 6월 28일 목요일 오전 9:02
    2012년 6월 20일 수요일 오후 2:59
  • The problem here is the same problem I am having. I haven't seen anyone mention it yet. I do not have office installed on our terminal server because I use openoffice. I installed the Visio Viewer 2010 x86 and it works BUT....

The OS is Win2k8 x64 so Internet Explorer in the program files folder is x64 and thus will not open visio files. If I open IE from program files (x86) it will open visio files just fine. This is why I am looking for the 64 bit visio viewer.

2012년 8월 22일 수요일 오후 5:04