none
Chart values to rows

질문

• Hi
     I'm just wondering how I insert the values from a chart (Pie chart example) and put these into rows underneath it, how do I do it?

Thanks
    C301
    2012년 3월 14일 수요일 오후 8:53

답변

• Hi

All the question is asking you to do is type the values displayed in the chart labels in the cells in the table provided.  There is no feature that will do this for you (especially as an Excel chart is based on numbers in the worksheet)

G North MCT

2012년 3월 23일 금요일 오후 2:08

모든 응답

• Hi
     I'm just wondering how I insert the values from a chart (Pie chart example) and put these into rows underneath it, how do I do it?

Thanks
    C301

It's called a data table and it is not available for all chart types.  One of those for which it is not available is a pie chart. :(

In any case its formatting capabilities are fairly limited.  You may want to simulate the effect of a data table.  See

Custom Chart Table
    http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm

Tushar Mehta (Technology and Operations Consulting)
    www.tushar-mehta.com (Excel and PowerPoint add-ins and tutorials)
    Microsoft MVP Excel 2000-Present

2012년 3월 14일 수요일 오후 11:06
  • Hi Tushar

That didn't seem to work for me, I have attached an image of the question as its on the MOS practice tests and can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks

2012년 3월 15일 목요일 오전 8:43
  • Hi Tushar

That didn't seem to work for me, I have attached an image of the question as its on the MOS practice tests and can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks

What didn't work? Creating an Excel Data Table? Or simulating the effect as in the link I shared?  Irrespective of which approach you took, where did you get stuck?

Tushar Mehta (Technology and Operations Consulting)
    www.tushar-mehta.com (Excel and PowerPoint add-ins and tutorials)
    Microsoft MVP Excel 2000-Present

2012년 3월 15일 목요일 오후 3:33
  • Hi

Yep the data table or I must have been doing something wrong but I will try again.   When I worked through the example, it just created the table under the chart when I want it to go into specific rows, not directly underneath the chart.    Submitted the image as an assist on the question or is the reply you gave the same thing it is asking?

Sorry but not too good with excel.

UPDATE - Just tried it again and when it says

For an existing chart, right click on the chart and select the 'Location...' menu item.

Make sure there are enough rows below the chart to hold all the data you want shown.  (This is not shown on the right clicked menu)

Now, make a copy the data set.  Optionally, it may be necessary to transpose the data, as in this example.  Note that the original data had all the month names going down a single column.  However, the chart has the months going across in a single row.  Hence, the data need to be transposed.  If you don't need to transpose, just make a copy of the data.  To make a transposed copy of the data, first copythe data, then select an unused range and use Edit | Paste Special... | check the Transpose option.  (This does not exist on the copy menu unless its in another place)

• 편집됨 C301 2012년 3월 15일 목요일 오후 6:46 update
    2012년 3월 15일 목요일 오후 4:23
  • Hi

All the question is asking you to do is type the values displayed in the chart labels in the cells in the table provided.  There is no feature that will do this for you (especially as an Excel chart is based on numbers in the worksheet)

G North MCT

2012년 3월 23일 금요일 오후 2:08