none
Microsoft Excel has stopped working--64-bit Windows 7, 64-bit Excel 2010

질문

• This is a known issue that is in the recently closed Office 2010 beta archive here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/office2010/thread/ed9a15ee-97cf-4ecd-b579-b1f5cfaa22da?lc=1033&prof=required&ppud=4

When trying to open a .xlsm or .xlsb file that contains a macro (not auto-executing), Excel returns the message "Microsoft Excel has stopped working"; the file does not open and eventually Excel shuts down after trying to recover.

Complicating the issue: this does not happen 100% of the time; but it happens most of the time.  You might get a "repaired" version open.  Or sometimes, it just opens normally.  If you get the workbook open and delete all the macros, save it and try to reopen you get the same error message (almost all of the time).  It seems to "remember" that it once had a macro.

One workaround I found is if you finally get the file open again, copy all the data and formulas to another "fresh" workbook, leaving the macros behind.  Save the new workbook and it opens and closes henceforth uneventfully.

I believe this is an only an issue with 64-bit Excel.  I ran macros in these same files for a long time in Excel 2007 with no problem.

I'm hoping someone on this board knows something about a fix for this apparent bug.
    2010년 7월 17일 토요일 오후 7:25

모든 응답

• Hi,

I think you can start Excel in safe mode [hold ctrl key while startup]. The safe mode will disable add-ins and macros. And also there are some ways to get rid of all the macros in an Excel workbook, without the need to individually delete them (see here: http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T002713_Removing_All_Macros.html)

2010년 7월 19일 월요일 오전 8:00
  • Hi,

I think you can start Excel in safe mode [hold ctrl key while startup]. The safe mode will disable add-ins and macros. And also there are some ways to get rid of all the macros in an Excel workbook, without the need to individually delete them (see here: http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T002713_Removing_All_Macros.html )

This issue is exactly the same using safe mode, unfortunately.  And thanks for the tip on deleting macros.  I appreciate the feedback.
    2010년 7월 19일 월요일 오후 12:05
  • JP, I'll test this today on 64-bit Excel and let you know what I find out. The only criteria for reproducing the issue is to open a spreadsheet that contains a macro?

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Excel Support
    2010년 7월 20일 화요일 오후 5:22
  • JP, I'll test this today on 64-bit Excel and let you know what I find out. The only criteria for reproducing the issue is to open a spreadsheet that contains a macro?

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Excel Support

Correct.  None of my workbooks without macros have any problem.  I found a solution, for now: that is to have all macro workbooks saved in 2007 compatibility mode, then everything works well (like it did when using Excel 2007).

THANK YOU for looking into this.

• 답변으로 표시됨 Jennifer ZhanModerator 2010년 7월 22일 목요일 오전 6:16
    • 답변으로 표시 취소됨 JP1949 2010년 7월 22일 목요일 오후 6:22
    2010년 7월 21일 수요일 오후 5:38
  • The above was marked as "Answer" by Jennifer Zhan but I went ahead and unmarked it.

I finally figured out a temporary workaround solution for now, not a fix.  64-bit Excel 2010 is not working properly.  If I had wanted to work in 2007 mode I would not have upgraded to 2010.  I believe this to be a 64-bit Excel bug and I would like to keep this issue alive until it is acknowledged as such.

Will Buffington will hopefully return with his evaluation and/or further questions.
    2010년 7월 22일 목요일 오후 6:25
  • Unfortunately major problems persist.  Now even the 2010 files that were saved in 2007 compatibility format are crashing on opening.  Then Excel tries to repair.  Then it opens the file with only the data and NA rather than formulas .  This seems to be happening randomly.  The file will be fine one day, it's updated and saved then it won't open the next.  It happens to files with macros and files that it somehow erroneously thinks have macros.

I've been using Excel longer than most and I've never seen anything close to this level of malfunctions.  I avoided the beta releases because I needed to not have any problems.  I bought 64-bit Excel the first day it was out; I required the capacity.  I spent many hours crafting complex workbooks and now they don't work.  This is all very disappointing.
    2010년 7월 27일 화요일 오후 12:48
  • This issue continues to morph.  Excel had been inconsistently notifying me that it was sending information to Microsoft when encountering these issues.  But now, for the first time, a notice popped up listing the full path of one of my large files that it had been having trouble with.  It asked if it could have a copy.  I said yes and apparently the entire 250 MB file went through to Microsoft.  Interesting.  Maybe they'll fix it now.
    2010년 8월 3일 화요일 오후 7:11
  • I apologize for taking some time to get back to this thread. I have tested and re-tested and re-re-tested this and I cannot make 64-bit Excel crash when opening a workbook with a macro.

Since you had mentioned the beta, JP, I wanted to you check the version of Excel you are running. Click File > Help and on the right column of the page under 'About Microsoft Excel' you will see the version. Mine is 14.0.4760.1000 (64-bit).

Can you let me know what yours says?

Also, please answer these questions:

1. Did you ever have a beta version of the 64-bit Excel (Office) installed on this machine?

2. Assuming you are running the release version (we can tell by the version number) and if you did have a beta version of Office 2010 64-bit or 32-bit on the machine, or a beta of Excel 2010 64-bit or 32-bit, did you upgrade to the release version or did you uninstall the beta and then install the release version?

Will

2010년 8월 4일 수요일 오후 7:20
  • My version is identical to yours and I never had a beta version of Excel.

I very much appreciate your efforts here.  I have been trying to ascertain exactly what steps are necessary to consistently recreate this to no avail.  The problem is with large files with formulas that I am unable to e-mail.  Can I somehow get a 300 MB file to you?
    2010년 8월 5일 목요일 오후 1:34
  • Yes. Send me an email at willbu@microsoft.com without the file attached and I'll reply to you on how to upload this.

Will
    2010년 8월 5일 목요일 오후 4:47
  • Done.  Thanks.
    2010년 8월 5일 목요일 오후 7:06
  • Hi,

This problem is caused by Macro security.

I recommend you to open your crashed file as "diable all macro" and check at "diable all trusted document". Then you can open your file 100% without any crashing and deleting macros.

After that, compile your VBA code again and save it and close it.

Finally, make excel option back as "enable all macro" and uncheck at "diable all trusted document".

You can happily open your file without any crashing.

• 답변으로 표시됨 JP1949 2010년 8월 17일 화요일 오후 5:01
    • 답변으로 표시 취소됨 JP1949 2010년 8월 21일 토요일 오후 3:59
    • 답변으로 제안됨 Sniper1810 2011년 10월 3일 월요일 오전 11:48
    2010년 8월 15일 일요일 오후 10:45
  • Hi,

This problem is caused by Macro security.

I recommend you to open your crashed file as "diable all macro" and check at "diable all trusted document". Then you can open your file 100% without any crashing and deleting macros.

After that, compile your VBA code again and save it and close it.

Finally, make excel option back as "enable all macro" and uncheck at "diable all trusted document".

You can happily open your file without any crashing.

Wow, that seems to work consistently!  It's a workaround but at least I won't be losing any more files.

Many many thanks, CSUN, for sharing this.

Now how do we get this to the attention of Microsoft to get it fixed?

The very best to you, CSUN,
    JP
    • 답변으로 표시됨 JP1949 2010년 8월 17일 화요일 오후 5:01
    • 답변으로 표시 취소됨 JP1949 2010년 8월 21일 토요일 오후 3:59
    • 답변으로 제안됨 jimbo0607 2012년 5월 8일 화요일 오후 7:06
    2010년 8월 17일 화요일 오후 5:01
  • Well, I spoke too soon; shortly after I posted the above 64-bit Excel was crashing again.  I suspect it does have something to do with the Trust Center.

This is very time-consuming and frustrating.
    • 답변으로 제안됨 Succorso 2010년 9월 17일 금요일 오후 9:05
    • 답변으로 제안 취소됨 JP1949 2010년 9월 29일 수요일 오후 4:38
    2010년 8월 21일 토요일 오후 4:01
  • I think I found the solution.  It has worked on 3 computers I have tried it on so far.

Very simple.  Empty the c:\windows\temp directory.

Mike K.

• 답변으로 제안됨 Succorso 2010년 9월 17일 금요일 오후 9:07
    • 답변으로 제안 취소됨 JP1949 2010년 9월 29일 수요일 오후 4:38
    2010년 9월 17일 금요일 오후 9:06
  • I think I found the solution.  It has worked on 3 computers I have tried it on so far.

Very simple.  Empty the c:\windows\temp directory.

Mike K.

Unfortunately that didn't work for me, but thanks for posting, Mike.

(I sent Will Buffington two crashing files--one large and one small--weeks ago; however, there's been no reply or acknowledgment.)
    2010년 9월 29일 수요일 오후 4:38
  • A file can be updated uneventfully every day for five days, then on the sixth day it crashes and is unable to be opened henceforth.  When I was working on a file for about an hour I hit F4 while modifying a formula and it crashed immediately!  Then I recreated the file and hit F4 and there was no problem at all.  I have come to the inescapable conclusion that 64-bit Excel is just generally unstable and not ready for primetime.  I am forced to repeatedly save every file in every available format in hopes that in the event of a crash something will open.  And I save all macros in text files.  WTF?  (Where's The Fun?)

One more thing, sometime back I had called Microsoft support as indicated in the Office package.  I got India, a fine country whose residents speak English with varying degrees of difficulty.  The rep insisted on sending a file to take control of my computer, as if he could solve the problem if only he didn't have me in the way.  Desperate, I allowed this.  As I helplessly watched what he was doing to my computer it was obvious that he thought the Trust Center and/or the macro settings were the issue.  But he had no firm idea for a solution other than trial and error as he changed all my security settings.  To make a very long story short, he gave up and said that it probably had something to do with macros and therefore I needed to pay $250 for "Pro Support" so that I could assist Microsoft in debugging their software.  (Those weren’t his exact words but that was the essence of it.)

I've been using Excel for many years and I have always upgraded immediately when available.  I am now reconsidering this approach.
    2010년 10월 8일 금요일 오후 6:30
  • While Excel 64-bit is a very capable system and is stable under most circumstances Microsoft does recommend that unless the additional features of the 64-bit platform are needed the 32-bit version of the product should be the one used. This is based on compatibility with the greatest number of existing applications, addins and components that uses and interact with these applications. This is stated thoroughly in the Office 2010 Resource Kit in the Assess Compatibility Section (online at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee681792.aspx).

I and the support staff at Microsoft understand your frustration with the use of the 64-bit version of Excel and are very willing to assist however, the scope of this problem is well beyond the troubleshooting through this forum. I would recommend though that if you need the 64-bit version for your project and are continuing to receive crashes, you seek support through one of our Paid support processes at the Professional level. Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone. I truly hope that you find this information helpful and are able to regain the Fun that you apparently had once before.

Regards,

Chris Nicholas

Microsoft Online Community Support

2010년 10월 11일 월요일 오후 1:20
  • I've got the same problem... 

Initially my workbook was 700MB and it crashed continuously in Excel 2010 despite working fine in Excel 2003 (although it was just under the maximum memory limitations in 2003).  It never worked in Excel 2007, since the maximum memory limitations in that version are 2x the size of Excel 2003, but 2007 requires more than 2x the memory to open the same files.

I was looking forward to taking advantage of multi-threaded calculation capability in Excel 2010, which was my main reason for upgrading from 2003...

In any case, after extensive work I reduced the size of my workbook to 150MB by writing code in Perl to compile my data so that I could copy it into Excel as values via a VBA macro, as opposed to linking the data directly from other files.  I hoped this would solve the problems that were leading to 2010 crashing.

It seemed to be working, but just today (about 6 days in) it has crashed again.....  :(

This is extraordinarily disappointing...  To read that MS recommends that I pay for additional tech support is even more disappointing, especially since I'm not authorized to allow 3rd parties to view the data in the workbook, so I'm largely committed to solving the problem on my own.  Tech support wouldn't be able to work with the file anyways.....

I had a feeling these problems might be systemic in Excel 2010... I suppose now I know that to be the case...

I'm basically forced to continue working in Excel 2003 which means I cannot take advantage of the extraordinarily expensive computer I spent a long time acquiring the budget to purchase, and which I built myself from components (yes, it runs perfectly fine, and has been checked for stability by our IT dept twice since I built it).....

How can MS have any respect for it's own software development when I'm forced to run 7 year old software because all releases since have not been forward compatible with my files?  Whether or not I should be using Access isn't the issue, the issue is that whatever Excel 2003 could do, Excel 2010 should be able to do AND MORE..... 

When will this be fixed?  2020? 

2010년 10월 21일 목요일 오후 9:55
  • Glad I read this, I shall be avoiding 2010 for a good while. It is not good enough to launch a flawed product and then seek money to put it right. For what it is worth I value my time and if I had gone through the pains that others had I would be seeking compensation - Paul

2010년 11월 1일 월요일 오전 1:11
  • As I have been watching this thread for some time I see the pain I do wish I could reproduce the issue and be able to correct it for each and everyone of you.

Maybe some of you could provide some insight for me and the others that are in support as to the specific reasons that you have chosen to try and move to the 64bit edition of the Excel Application.  Through reading this thread the biggest thing that I can see is the use of the larger memory address capable in the 64bit application.  Is there more to this than just the memory capability?

Additionally can anyone supply the Fault information that is received when they are crashing

Such as

Problem Details:
    Problem Signature:
    Problem Event Name:
    Application Name:      
    Application Version    
    Application Time Stamp
    Fault Module Name:
    Fault Module Version:
    Fault Module Timestamp:
    Exception Code:        
    Exception Offset

Regards,

Chris Nicholas

2010년 11월 1일 월요일 오후 12:29
  • The primary reason I chose the 64-bit version was the additional memory address space.  The 32-bit version isn't capable of opening the same files that I created in Excel 2003.  The reason for wanting to upgrade from Excel 2003 is twofold: multi-threaded calculation to improve speed, and forward compatibility to avoid dealing with Excel 2003 when it is no longer supported or sold (for licenses on new machines).
    ---------------------------------
    Application Name:  Microsoft Excel 2010 64-bit
    Application Version:  Microsoft Excel 2010 64-bit   
    Problem Details:  All of a sudden when opening\closing\calculating\saving my file(s) I get the message "Microsoft Excel has stopped working..."  Then shortly thereafter, "Microsoft Excel is trying to recover your information... (This might take several minutes.)"
    If I wait for it to "recover my information" (takes >45min) the file is corrupt...  Some formulas may be converted to values, whereas others are left as formulas...  The file is generally useless once it has been "recovered".
    Problem Signature:  I don't know how to identify this when experiencing this particular problem (not possible to identify).
    Problem Event Name:  I don't know how to identify this when experiencing this particular problem (not possible to identify).
    Additional details that I got from the Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 14.0.4756.1000, time stamp: 0x4b9c0870

Faulting module name: VBE7.DLL, version: 7.0.15.90, time stamp: 0x4b7b2131

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000220b24

Faulting process id: 0x11dc

Faulting application start time: 0x01cb7a0dcde283c7

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\EXCEL.EXE

Faulting module path: C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\VBA\VBA7\VBE7.DLL

Report Id: 6a6125dd-e601-11df-93db-e0cb4ebac53c

-----------------------------------
    I sometimes wonder if perhaps it's nothing more than a 'timeout' error trap in the developpers code for either Excel 2010 or Windows 7 64-bit.  Because my file(s) are so large, while Excel is trying to do something, another process that is waiting to be passed a value or string says "Hey, I've waited too long, there must be an error."  When, in fact, there is no error, just a process taking longer than normal to pass along its return value\string.  The result of that is that Excel goes into 'file recover' mode unnecesssarily, ET VOILA!  --- The corruption of the file after being recovered is nothing new to Excel 2010; the file recovery in Excel has rendered files corrupt in every version of Excel since I started using Excel 2002 eight years ago.
    Perhaps this would require nothing more than a patch in which somebody just comments out an error trap in the Excel 2010 (or Windows 7) source code?  Knowing the size of the organization and the level of complexity of the software, I'm sure that wouldn't require more than a couple of hundred developers and several million dollars ;)
    2010년 11월 1일 월요일 오후 10:08
  • While Excel 64-bit is a very capable system and is stable under most circumstances Microsoft does recommend that unless the additional features of the 64-bit platform are needed the 32-bit version of the product should be the one used. This is based on compatibility with the greatest number of existing applications, addins and components that uses and interact with these applications. This is stated thoroughly in the Office 2010 Resource Kit in the Assess Compatibility Section (online at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee681792.aspx).

I and the support staff at Microsoft understand your frustration with the use of the 64-bit version of Excel and are very willing to assist however, the scope of this problem is well beyond the troubleshooting through this forum. I would recommend though that if you need the 64-bit version for your project and are continuing to receive crashes, you seek support through one of our Paid support processes at the Professional level. Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone. I truly hope that you find this information helpful and are able to regain the Fun that you apparently had once before.

Regards,

Chris Nicholas

For the record, I was well aware of the caveats put out by Microsoft with the release of 64-bit Excel 2010 prior to my purchase.  However, I needed no compatibility with any other applications, I use no add-ins and needed no 'interactions'; so I felt safe.  I trusted their words.

And I understand the scope of this problem and the limitations of this board.  But I hope this thread will serve as a caution to others.

What I don't understand is how some would say that paying $250 to Microsoft for "Pro" support will solve this problem.  I have a clean machine.  It's virtually all Microsoft with the latest Office suite and even Security Essentials.  Everything is updated and there are neither games nor ____.  Yet I have spreadsheets that didn't crash even once with Excel 2007 that crash routinely with 64-bit 2010.  So even though I won't waste my time paying $250 for Pro Support, I will bet ten times that that this is a Microsoft programming issue and not a problem on my end.

This was a known problem in the beta release that Microsoft could not or would not correct.  Rather than stating outright that 64-bit Excel was unstable, the lack of specificity in Microsoft's admonitions indicates that the cautionary verbiage was intentionally obfuscating the issue.  And that's, now, my issue.  Microsoft needs to fess-up, publically acknowledge the problem and state their correction efforts outright.

All that aside, to be fair, it is equally noteworthy that with 64-bit Excel Microsoft has produced a spreadsheet program that is far superior to any other on Earth.  So I guess I'll 'understand' and wait for the update that will correct everything.  (Right?)

2010년 11월 8일 월요일 오후 7:10
  • This board automatically edited my last post without attribution.  To begin with, there was nothing wrong with my post as originally submitted.  But if you insist on editing my words you need to state that on the post.  To revise my words without acknowledging responsibility is flat-out wrong.

Go ahead, defend yourself; I dare you.

2010년 11월 8일 월요일 오후 7:54
  • Nobody has anything to offer?
    2010년 11월 29일 월요일 오후 10:40
  • Chris, Will & other MS staff,

I have the same frustration and loss of productivity with Excel 2010 and a very similar experience to the other users in this forum, except my problem is with the Excel 2010 32bit version.  It is just unacceptable for MS to ask users to pay $250 for pro support to "fix" what is obviously a flaw in MS code and they need to take responsibility for & fix.  Here is my situation:

Office Version:Office 2010 Operating System:Windows 7

I am using Office 2010 Professional with Windows 7.  The installation was successful and I have no other issues with any Office programs except Excel 2010.  Whenever I use the print preview button on the Quick Access Toolbar to check the print preview before printing, or use headers/footers to add these before printing, Excel crashes and forces a restart when I next go to save the document.  It may allow me to do up to 3 print previews before I go to save the document and it crashes and attempts to recover the data or just shuts Excel down after a few times.

All other Office program functions work fine and I have checked my printer driver with a Microsoft utility and it reports no issues.

The problems experienced are:

I cant click the print preview button on the quick access toolbar without it crashing Excel and restarting.  After 3 of these instances excel shuts down

I cant use the add header/footer button within the page setup button on the quick access toolbar to add a footer to a tab more than 4 times without it crashing as above and restarting & recovering

I cant add the same footer simultaneously across all tabs at the same time (highlight all spreadsheet tabs, click on page setup, add header/footer, enter footer language, exit).  When I do this it crashes excel as above.

The problem happens with all my excel files, small and larger.

To try to solve this problem, I went online to Microsoft Answers where I got some responses from a MS Engineer who obviously didnt know what the cause was or how to fix it.  He now does not respond, although another user also responded saying he had exactly the same problem.

The "fixes" suggested by the MS Engineer were all useless and did not work, including:

Change the default printer to Microsoft XPS Document writer or to OneNote 2010 and then try to print preview using the Excel document and verify the status.

Refer the link below to change the default printer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-your-default-printer

If it works fine, then click on the link below to update the printer drivers:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Find-and-install-printer-drivers

If the above steps fail, you can repair excel 2010 by referring the link below and check if it works fine. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/repair-or-remove-office-2010-HA010357402.aspx

Start the computer in clean boot and check if it works fine.

Refer the article below to start the computer in clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Ensure to restart the computer in normal mode by following Step 7, after completing the troubleshooting steps.

Where is this file saved (locally or on a network location)?

Does it contain any Macro?

Does this issue happen with one specific file or with all excel files?

Create a new test Excel file, and check if it works fine.

In summary, I do not use macros, this problem never happened to me before in Excel 2003 or 2007, I have completely uninstalled MS Office Professional Plus yesterday and resinstalled it with Office Update and the problem persits.

I am left with the inescapable conclusion that MS Excel 2010 is defective and MS is not owning up to the issue and providing a fix.

Please advise what else I can do to immediately fix the problem or when MS will have a bug fix out?

Thank you.

2011년 1월 5일 수요일 오후 5:56
  • I have been getting the following errors in Excel 2010 for about 3 months and they are getting more frequent (I have Win 7 Pro):

(1)          Errors were detected while saving 'C:\Users\username\Documents\filename.xlsx'.   

Microsoft Excel may be able to save the file by removing or repairing some       

features. To make the repairs in a new file, click Continue. To cancel saving the   

file, click Cancel. 

(2)          Cannot open the Clipboard. 

(3)          An unexpected error has occurred.  AutoRecover has been disabled for this session of Excel.

(4)          Excel has stopped working.

(5)          Freezes on print preview.

I have done the following:

-          Tried Excel in safe mode.

-          Uninstalled and  Reinstalled Office 2010.

-          Disabled all add-ins.

-          Done an exhaustive search on the internet only to find that other people have one or more of these errors, but no   solutions.

-          Other Office 2010 apps work ok.

Nothing has worked. I’m barely able to get anything done!
    2011년 2월 20일 일요일 오후 10:47
  • From the comments (and title) I'm assuming this is a 64 bit issue only.  Is it a problem running office on a 64 bit machine or only if running the 64 bit version of office on a 64 bit machine?  I'm having similar issues with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.  Are you also experiencing issues with other apps or just Excel?
    2011년 2월 24일 목요일 오후 4:35
  • I have Office 2010 x64 and Win 7 x64 Pro installed. I don't know whether this is a x64 only problem. I am not having problems with the other Office 2010 apps (yet). I finally ended up changing the default printer from my HPC6180 AIO to Microsoft XMS Document Printer, and have not experienced any Excel problems since (4 days). I read about HP printer drivers and Office 2010 problems somewhere, but the first time I tried this, it didn't work. So far it has worked this time???? This is a lousy solution to be sure. I think both HP and Microsoft know about this, but don't give a damn.
    2011년 2월 25일 금요일 오전 10:18
  • I have a solution that so far has worked for me everytime. All I did was insert a blank module and saved it. Problem solved. I was then able to reopen the file and everything was fine. Kind of silly but whatever works.

FYI-Here is the error message that I was getting in case you MS guys want it.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        APPCRASH

Application Name:                             EXCEL.EXE

Application Version:                           14.0.4756.1000

Application Timestamp:                     4b9c0870

Fault Module Name:                          VBE7.DLL

Fault Module Version:                        7.0.15.90

Fault Module Timestamp:                  4b7b2131

Exception Code:                                  c0000005

Exception Offset:                                00000000000bf46f

OS Version:                                          6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID:                                             1033

Additional information about the problem:

LCID:                                                     1033

skulcid: 1033

2011년 3월 16일 수요일 오후 10:12
  • Goose, what do you mean by a blank module?
    2011년 3월 21일 월요일 오후 4:07
  • A VBA module?

I have the same problem.

Problemsignatur:
      Problemereignisname:   APPCRASH
      Anwendungsname:   EXCEL.EXE
      Anwendungsversion:   14.0.4756.1000
      Anwendungszeitstempel:   4b9c0870
      Fehlermodulname:   VBE7.DLL
      Fehlermodulversion:   7.0.15.90
      Fehlermodulzeitstempel:   4b7b2131
      Ausnahmecode:   c0000005
      Ausnahmeoffset:   000000000000e4da
      Betriebsystemversion:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
      Gebietsschema-ID:   1031

Zusatzinformationen zum Problem:
      LCID:   1031
      skulcid:   1031

Using Excel 2010 64bit on Windows 7 64 bit.

Additional details: file is about 485MB; with Makros; all content was copied via Makro from other Excel sheet(s); using Excel Solver

Reading through the internet, i found people stating that Excel has problems with large copy-actions because it doesn't get rid of its arrears. So could this be an important brick of the error?

2011년 4월 22일 금요일 오후 12:41
  • How do you enter a blank VBA module in the file when it won't open due to this error?
    2011년 5월 20일 금요일 오후 7:10
  • The primary reason I chose the 64-bit version was the additional memory address space.  The 32-bit version isn't capable of opening the same files that I created in Excel 2003.  The reason for wanting to upgrade from Excel 2003 is twofold: multi-threaded calculation to improve speed, and forward compatibility to avoid dealing with Excel 2003 when it is no longer supported or sold (for licenses on new machines).
    ---------------------------------
    Application Name:  Microsoft Excel 2010 64-bit
    Application Version:  Microsoft Excel 2010 64-bit   
    Problem Details:  All of a sudden when opening\closing\calculating\saving my file(s) I get the message "Microsoft Excel has stopped working..."  Then shortly thereafter, "Microsoft Excel is trying to recover your information... (This might take several minutes.)"
    If I wait for it to "recover my information" (takes >45min) the file is corrupt...  Some formulas may be converted to values, whereas others are left as formulas...  The file is generally useless once it has been "recovered".
    Problem Signature:  I don't know how to identify this when experiencing this particular problem (not possible to identify).
    Problem Event Name:  I don't know how to identify this when experiencing this particular problem (not possible to identify).
    Additional details that I got from the Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 14.0.4756.1000, time stamp: 0x4b9c0870

Faulting module name: VBE7.DLL, version: 7.0.15.90, time stamp: 0x4b7b2131

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000220b24

Faulting process id: 0x11dc

Faulting application start time: 0x01cb7a0dcde283c7

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\EXCEL.EXE

Faulting module path: C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\VBA\VBA7\VBE7.DLL

Report Id: 6a6125dd-e601-11df-93db-e0cb4ebac53c

-----------------------------------
    I sometimes wonder if perhaps it's nothing more than a 'timeout' error trap in the developpers code for either Excel 2010 or Windows 7 64-bit.  Because my file(s) are so large, while Excel is trying to do something, another process that is waiting to be passed a value or string says "Hey, I've waited too long, there must be an error."  When, in fact, there is no error, just a process taking longer than normal to pass along its return value\string.  The result of that is that Excel goes into 'file recover' mode unnecesssarily, ET VOILA!  --- The corruption of the file after being recovered is nothing new to Excel 2010; the file recovery in Excel has rendered files corrupt in every version of Excel since I started using Excel 2002 eight years ago.
    Perhaps this would require nothing more than a patch in which somebody just comments out an error trap in the Excel 2010 (or Windows 7) source code?  Knowing the size of the organization and the level of complexity of the software, I'm sure that wouldn't require more than a couple of hundred developers and several million dollars ;)

2011년 6월 30일 목요일 오전 9:55
  • I had hoped SP1 would have resolved this issue; it did not.
    2011년 7월 5일 화요일 오후 5:26
  • I am having the same problem, however I don't understand your solution.  Would you mind explaining it for someone that may not be a savy with excel and Macro Workbooks.  I have no idea what those are or where to find them.

Thank you SO much!  I have been trying to fix this of almost 60 days. SO much for the 90 free support should you need it.  I even tried taking my laptop and the Office 2010 into a microsoft store and they couldn't help me.

I do appreciate what ever you can do for me.

Thank you,

Manuel

38manny@gmail.com

Manuel Robles
    2011년 7월 19일 화요일 오후 6:56
  • How do you get to Macro Security and how do you diable all macro and all trusted documents?  I can't find that or get my excel to work.  My laptop has not crash however. 

Please help.  Microsoft has been NO help on line, on the phone, or even when I visited their store.

Thank you SO much!

Manuel Robles

38manny@gmail.com 

Manuel Robles
    2011년 7월 19일 화요일 오후 7:25
  • Hi Manny,

Open Excel>Click File>Click Options>Click Trust Center>Click Trust Center Settings>Click Macro Settings. This will give you all the options avalible. Rich

2011년 7월 20일 수요일 오전 9:15
  • I am running office 2010, the information you provided, I REALLY appreciate it, since Microsoft can't help, doesn't mention anything about Office or Excel 2010.  Will it work even if it's directions for Excel 2007?

Thanks again!

Manuel

Manuel Robles
    2011년 7월 21일 목요일 오전 7:16
  • Manny, the directions I gave you are for Excel 2010. Rich
    2011년 7월 21일 목요일 오전 9:03
  • Thanks to Goose 7777!!  So far this has worked for me:

Open the file in Excel 2007 (I had 3 files that wouldn't open in Excel 2010 and they all opened in Excel 2007 - I have it on my Virtual Machine)

Added a blank module, compiled, and Saved

I could then open the spreadsheet in Excel 2010 again without crashing.

orrn1

ORRN1
    • 답변으로 제안됨 ORRN1 2011년 7월 25일 월요일 오후 4:15
    2011년 7월 22일 금요일 오후 8:30
  • Thanks for trying to help me with this issue.  I appreciate your time and troubleshooting. 

I bought office 2010 on 6/18/2011 and as of 7/22/2011, I was still unable to get it to work with office 2007.  I feel as I have waisted more than enough of my time on this mess, so I took my and office 2010 back to the store I bought for their live support.  They couldn't figure it out either.  I told them I went to the Microsoft Store and the Microsoft store couldn't figure it out so they shouldn't feel so bad.  I also provided them with a print out of all these suggestions and support options.  After almost an hour, they gave up. 

I paid $1295.00 for my laptop about a year ago and now I was told I need to buy Ofice 2010 to correct some of the issues I was having, so there another $149.99 on Office 2010 home & student, and can't get it to work.  Rediculous.  And the Office 2010 box says it includes Technical Support for 90 days.  And aside from this site, I have not been able to get "Microsoft support" from Microsoft, not even the Microsoft store. 

The store was able to completely clear my computer of all the office 2010 stuff that was on it.  They couldn't use the control panel and uninstall feature as that would remove it either.  So I am not sure how they were able to get Office 2010 off, I don't care as long as they did it. They also provided me with their regular maintenance of my computer, and now it is running with no errors, quickier and all documents actually open and this is using office 2007.

I WILL NOT BE WAISTING ANYMORE OF TIME OR MONEY MESSING WITH OFFICE 2010.    It's for sale if anyone is interested.

Manuel Robles
    2011년 7월 25일 월요일 오후 8:21
  • I appreciate this forum, however, nothing has worked for me. My company has also paid too much $ with no resolution.  Any further ideas would be appreciated. I am beyond frustrated that Microsoft has not fixed this major issue.

2011년 8월 1일 월요일 오후 6:04
  • Donna, just out of curiosity, what printer do you have? I have a HP and it has caused all my trouble unless I set the default printer to something else. Rich.
    2011년 8월 2일 화요일 오전 9:12
  • Has anybody noticed this happening in relation to changing the name of the file through Explorer (e.g. right-click and rename)?  Since I added the blank module and compiled, I have not seen the problem for a month, until today. 

I had renamed the file in Explorer, versus opening the file and doing a Save As. When I try to open this renamed file, it's back to crashing Excel on opening.

It did open in Excel 2007 just fine.  I just recompiled, saved it, and then it opened fine in Excel 2010 again.

ORRN1
    2011년 8월 29일 월요일 오후 7:15
  • It's taken way too long to get an information or any support from Microsoft regarding Microsoft 2010.  When I bought 2010 to upgrade 2007, June 18, 2010,  I was told I had 90 days of free support.  Unfortunately, I think they meant that they had "90 days to avoid me" so that they didn't have to offer "FREE SUPPORT" or "ANY SUPPORT".   As I mentioned several times, I emailed, I emailed groups, I went to the store that I purchase 2010 from and they could understand why it wouldn't work, excel 2007 documents wouldn't open when using 2010.  I took it to the MICROSOFT STORE, the actual STORE, and NO BODY THERE COULD HELP ME.  I was in a MICROSOFT STORE AND NO BODY COULD HELP ME, does that make any sense?  They didn't understand why it wouldn't it wouldn't work, they deleted 2007 reloaded 2010 and then none of my documents would open , excel or word.  After 3 hours in the store having a "support" person helping me, I am that term losely (I've been in retail over 25 years and I have never seen such poor attempt and so many people not even offer to attempt to help), the manager finally said that I should probably give Microsoft a call.  Seriously, after all I have already tried, and 3 hours of their time, that's there answer?  WORTHLESS!!!!   So I paid a tech to repair 2007, since the microsoft store screwed that up and totally remove 2010 from my laptop, and will NEVER use another microsoft product as long as I could possible avoid it.  After spending $172.78 on Office 2010, because that's what a "support" person on line told me I needed, and then another $225.00 to hire a support tech to clean my laptop of all issues, remove 2010 and reload 2007 and get 2007 working, I am now using 2007 with no issues.  I still can't believe I spent $397.78 and countless hours trying to get 2010 to work with 2007 and now I just stair at the box with office 2010 in it and wonder why?  I can't help but feel cheated and taken advantage of by Microsoft.  I guess Microsoft taught me a lesson.   

Manuel Robles
    2011년 8월 31일 수요일 오후 6:49
  • This was great it worked for me. I emptied C:|Windows\Temp and it worked great.
    2011년 9월 6일 화요일 오후 11:46
  • 64 bit is required for the following reasons:

1) Increased processing speed

2) Optimized multithreading capabilities

3) Multi Instance capabilities

4) High Performance inter instance data portal

I started my business using three very complex workbooks. Now my business is in trouble due to the "Microsoft Excel Stopped Working Error" Some of the symptoms associated with the failures are as follows:

1) Application Error : "The instruction at 0x3f7eefdd referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to temiminate the program"

2) Only one of the three programs is causing the error. The program with all of the macros is at fault.

3) Norton fired a message that one of my 12 processors was maxed out. [I have 30G of memory and 4 GHz clock speed

There apparently is no product on the market that can rescue a 64 bit Excel2010 .xlsm file.

I hope that these additional facts my shed some light on the subject.

Rergards,

Stephen Druley, CEO

Trends-to-Know LLC

2011년 9월 23일 금요일 오후 11:11
  • You can solve this problem by checking your Language setting/Country settings in Windows 7.

This is what is causing the crashes !!

I like to work with "komma," as decimal seperator but my Country and Language was set to English (UK) which uses the opposite...therefor I customised the comma and full stop to the opposite. Crashes all over. Especially when formatting cells...

Now I choose Belgium as country and language but UK as keyboard layout.

Next thing what happened: ALL MY EXCEL FILES are BACK !! NO MORE CRASHES.

Check your country and language settings and feel the joy.

• 답변으로 제안됨 Will VP 2011년 9월 28일 수요일 오후 5:34
    2011년 9월 28일 수요일 오후 5:33
  • Stephen,

FYI

Excel 2010 64 bit compared to Excel 2010 32 bit:-

• Excel 2010 64 is not any faster than Excel 2010 32
    • The multithreading capabilities are the same
    • The multi-Instance capablilities are the same
    • Inter instance capabilities are the same AFAIK
    • either Excel 32 or Excel 64 can be installed under Win 7 64

The only significant difference (apart from handling 64-bit Windows API calls) is that each instance of Excel 2010 64 bit can address much larger memory than the 2 GB per instance limit of Excel 2010 32.

Charles Excel MVP The Excel Calculation Site http://www.decisionmodels.com/
    2011년 9월 28일 수요일 오후 5:57
  • I have totally given up on office 2010.  I had it deleted from my computer and Office 2007 reloaded, and have not had another problem since.  So I wasted another $175 to have the geek squad clean my laptop top and remove all the mess office 2010 downloaded onto my laptop.  I will not be using office 2010.  I have wasted too much time and too much money trying to upgrade from office 2007 to office 2010.  

It's sad that even a microsoft store manager couldn't fix this problem and didn't even know where to send me.  I showed him the information that this message board or whatever you call it, he called it a joke and said he hoped I didn't try some of the things recommended as they would really mess up my laptop.  

I can't believe the amount of money I spend buying office 2010, thinking that would be easy since I have been using office 2007, and how much time I have wasted trying to get this issue fixed and nothing.  

I can't believe that microsoft is still selling this if this is still an issue. 

Manuel Robles
    2011년 9월 30일 금요일 오후 10:22
  • Hi, Could you please explain how to open a Blank VBA module and Compile? What are the specific steps if you wouldn't mind?

Thank you!

Dharm

2011년 10월 3일 월요일 오전 2:56
  • I faced the same problem recently when the default printer was switched to another printer after the toner ran out. The moment I used the next printer, the Excel with the VBA refused to open. Amazingly, the administrator continued to work with the other printer but the network was refusing the open. After replacing the toner to the original default printer but not resetting the default option the problem persisted until resetting was done.

Now all system working back to normal.

2011년 10월 3일 월요일 오후 12:13
  • Charles,

You are correct here. I was confused about what I was comparing. I guess my assumption that more data could be moved more quickly with a higher bit count meant higher throughput. I guess I was incorrect on this.

I use 64 bit to be able to use Powerpivot but based on your valuable input, I may be able to re-engineer to 32 bit. Do you think this will resolve my "Microsoft Stopped Working" error. Also, my application uses about 15% of 25G of memory on my machine.

I currently have an open support case with Microsoft on the "Microsoft Stopped Working" error but, so far, they are dragging their feet on the reply.

I wrote a fix-it program to save each tab on my workbooks as a way of recreating the affected files. Now the fix-it program won't open.

Notwithstanding these difficulties, it would appear to me that the 64 bit product offering was based on getting increased sales and not on delighting the customer.

Steve

• 편집됨 StephenDD 2011년 10월 4일 화요일 오전 10:42
    2011년 10월 4일 화요일 오전 10:28
  • Stephen,

PowerPivot may well require more than the 32-bit 2 GB limit, particularly when you consider memory fragmentation.

If your instance of Excel uses 15% of 25G=3.75G its not going to fit in 2 GB ...

Charles Excel MVP The Excel Calculation Site http://www.decisionmodels.com/
    2011년 10월 4일 화요일 오전 11:19
  • cHARLES,

I have and still am experiencing problems with Excel 2010 as I have posted above. My question is: You being a MVP, do you know if Microsoft is addressing the various problems as posted above by many?

Thanks, Rich

2011년 10월 6일 목요일 오전 5:45
  • Gentlemen,

I have a temporary fix until microsoft resolves this:
    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    For Each sht In Worksheets
    Set myDocument = sht
    For Each sh In myDocument.Shapes
        sh.Delete
    Next
    Next
    End Sub

There appears to be a known problem with 64 bit 2010 Excel writing out certain objects. The above code, assuming you can open the file, will remove all objects like text boxes, comments, shapes, etc that you may be able to live without temporarily. Removing these objects will allow you to save your work.
    Having read this forum, I decided to save each of the worksheets of my workbook separately so I could reassemble them in case this problem reared its ugly head. Well, it did. So now I use the code below to reconstruct the file.
    Sub ReconstructWorkbook()
    Dim F As String
    Dim Shts As Integer
    On Error Resume Next
        Application.DisplayAlerts = False
        Dim Wkb As Workbook
        Dim SendWkb As Workbook
        ChDir "C:\Test"
        Workbooks.Add
        Set Wkb = ActiveWorkbook
        Wkb.Calculation = xlCalculationManual

For t = 1 To 9
        Set SendWkb = Workbooks.Open(Filename:="C:\Test\tab" & t & ".xlsx", UpdateLinks:=1)
        SendWkb.Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
        Sheets(1).Select
        Shts = Wkb.Sheets.Count
        Application.CutCopyMode = False
        Sheets(1).Copy After:=Wkb.Sheets(Shts)
        SendWkb.Activate
        ActiveWindow.Close
        If t = 1 Then
        Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2", "Sheet3")).Select
        ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete
        End If
        Wkb.Activate
        On Error GoTo dns
        Wkb.SaveAs Filename:="C:\Test\ReCreatedPicasso33z.xlsx", FileFormat:=52
       Next t
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True
    Application.StatusBar = "Ready"
    End Sub
    This is a lot of extra work but perhaps this will help everyone to be productive again until these issues are fixed. I am currently working with Microsoft on a paid case with the objective of getting my file to open and save correctly and to sort out those shapes in the shape collection that are problematic for the 64 bit Excel 2010.
    I hope this offers some help to the thousands of people worldwide who are power users in the Excel arena.
    Stephen Druley, CEO
    Trends-to-Know LLC
    • 답변으로 제안됨 StephenDD 2011년 10월 12일 수요일 오전 9:49
    2011년 10월 7일 금요일 오전 11:24
  • After some further work I discovered some possible rules to help prevent the "Microsoft Excel has stopped working" error. These rules are just attempts to help us along until the real root cause is identified.

1) No external links in workbook either from formulas, range names, charts, shapes, hidden sheets, queries, or phantom

2) Only a minimal number of shapes

3) The only workbook open in the designated workspace or instance of Excel

4) No password associated with the file 

Microsoft is still working on this problem. 

2011년 10월 12일 수요일 오전 10:05
  • With the file open hit Alt + F11.  Visual Basic will open.

In the top left box find your filename that you have open. Below the filename, right-click on Modules. Choose INSERT and select MODULE.

From the top menu choose Debug and Compile VBA Project.

Save and Close the VB window.

2011년 10월 12일 수요일 오후 7:02
  • To all those frustrated with the "Microsoft Excel has stopped working" problem I tried this and it worked. Can't say this will work for everyone, but it worked for me so far. BTW I could not even get Excel 2010 to open.

I created a new User with Administrator authority, then switched Users to the new ID. I cleared the Windows/Temp file as best I could. Some files the system would not let me remove saying I needed Administrative authority (which I had). I then started Excel and it worked. This points to an obvious security program error in either Windows 7 (I am on the Home version) or Office 2010.

Hope this works for you. It is a pain in the tush to have to change Users every time I need to use Excel, but running my business is dependent on one very complicated Excel spreadsheet that has taken years to develope. Microsoft needs to fix this because no one else can.

Thanks to all of you who have offered suggestions.

2012년 1월 11일 수요일 오후 7:57
  • Dear Microsoft, I manage a spreadsheet originally developed in Excel 1997 and progressively updated over the years.  The spreadsheet has multiple users and contains substantial VBA coding and controls, including ActiveX controls. 

As users have been upgrading to the 64-bit version of Excel 2010, they are encountering the "Microsoft Excel Has Stopped Working" message and the spreadsheet freezes upon opening.   The spreadsheet has run without issues in the 32 bit Excel versions

What is the latest update as to this bug?   Is a fix available yet for these users?

Any additional help you could provide on this would be very much appreciated.

2012년 3월 8일 목요일 오후 5:18
  • Inconsistencies and incompatibilities will increase exponentially as we increase the complexity and functionality of a software project. Yet, Microsoft has marched down this road to make the most powerful package available on the planet.

The only disappointing thing I have observed is that Microsoft would experience this TechNet thread over a period of 2 years with no substantive resolve or design improvement.

2012년 6월 8일 금요일 오전 10:56
  • Hopefully some of the microsoft Engineers will take this chart and include it in their thinking. The approach is new and hopfully it may contribute to the complex issue we are facing. The chart contains overlapping probabilities. An example on how to read is: Disabling all macros (or engaging in an activity that has causal ties to disabling macros) has a 10% chance of contributing to the Microsoft Excel 64 bit problem explaned in the header of this thread. The purpose of the chart is to open up other solutions or change our thinking patterns to consider other options at solving the problem.

Stephen Druley

• 편집됨 sdruley 2012년 6월 12일 화요일 오전 12:17 clarity
    2012년 6월 11일 월요일 오후 12:49
  • Well, for the record, i have not had any "Microsoft has stopped working" issues since I made a significant reduction of the number of shapes I have been using.

But now there is another issue that I believe is specific to 64 bit Excel 2010 running on a 64 bit platform and that is the inability to save an add-in that has been edited. I can't count the times when I had to go in and reenter changes I have made to add-ins. One thing for sure is that when a normal file is saved you will hear a ding signifying that the file has been saved. If you attempt to save an add-in, you better get the ding or the file has not been saved.

2012년 6월 20일 수요일 오전 11:03
  • A couple of years later, but still the problem.  Random crashes of Excel. 

Excel Pro Plus 2010 (32-bit, version 14.0.6112.5000) under Windows 7; also installed is Outlook 2003 (because calendar views in Outlook 2010 not work for me) 

Here is the data from the latest:

Problem signature

Application Name: EXCEL.EXE

Application Version: 14.0.6117.5003

Application Timestamp: 4f622ef8

Fault Module Name: mso.dll

Fault Module Version: 14.0.6112.5000

Fault Module Timestamp: 4e9b27af

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 004c3248

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Additional information about the problem:

LCID: 1033

skulcid: 1033

2012년 7월 10일 화요일 오후 4:00
  • Microsoft needs a service pack upgrade that is basically Excel 2007.  2010 is ruining my company; killed productivity, late actions, and the central document to our company is a spreadsheet.  Never had a problem in 2007.  We have 32-bit 2010 that came with the computer; nothing makes the sorting crashes go away (or the other seamingly random crashes).  Sometimes I've hit save and I'll recover a document without the changes.  I usually have to reboot the computer to close Excel.

What kind of ineptitude can allow this program onto market as and "upgrade" then fail to fix what numerous threads indicate is a common and very serious problem!

Does anyone know where one can buy Office 2007 anymore?  Or is there a good spreadsheet program compatible with Excel files that can work with Word mail merge?  We're actually asking for a donation of older computers with 2007 installed to get back to work!!!

And MS wants us to pay for "Pro Support" when it's obviously a money grab with no solution.  Brilliant.

2012년 10월 16일 화요일 오후 4:06
  • I have a 32 bit VB6 application that starts an Excel workbook, programatically. Once the workbook starts it opens few data text files, generated by the VB program, reads the data in, runs calculations on the data and generates a report. I have been using this program with different versions of OS, and different versions of Office with no issues. Now on a  Windows7 64 bit version and Office 2010 64-bit version, I get “Excel stopped working..” message. The VB program seems to be working fine  in the 32 bit environment but Excel has issues. If I set a break point right at the beginning of excel and step through it I get the report I want, but if I just let excel do it it crashes.

I have tried putting wait statements in different parts of the vba code, and that seems to remedy the issue sometimes, depending on the size of the data or something, but its not predictable!!

At the beginning I removed all the API calls, and the timer (the timer control is not supported for 64-bit),  shorten the amount of work that the vba has to do, but there is no one place that causes the problem thats visible.

I have spent a lot of time on internet searching for an answer with no luck..is there a solution to this??

The reason I have to fix this, is incase our users have Excel 64-bit installed on their system..

The Excel version on my 64bit machine is Professional Plus 2010  14.0.6106.5005 (64-bit)

I need the macro’s because they need to manipulate data on the fly. 

I don’t know how to start the workbook in safe mode, since it is started from a VB program!

I don’t have any shapes, or formulas within the cells.Everything is done through macros. I did change the API calls to support 64 bit Excel, but that does not seem to be the issue.

I have gone through disabling macros, and trusted locations, but that doesn't seem to help either.

Please help!! If you need any info please let me know.

Thank you

• 답변으로 제안됨 J-Y 2013년 2월 3일 일요일 오후 11:02
    • 답변으로 제안 취소됨 J-Y 2013년 2월 3일 일요일 오후 11:02
    2012년 11월 16일 금요일 오후 5:04
  • These bugs still haven't been fixed. Affects all 64 bit apps. Windows, AMD or Intel Bug.
    2013년 2월 5일 화요일 오후 2:13
  • I am having this same issue in Excel 64 bit.  A spreadsheet we have uses VBA to make multiple copies of VBA-enabled worksheets as part of its normal processes, and this randomly causes the subsequent enlarged file to not be re-openable.  Tried so many different ways to overcome it before discovering this thread.

CSUNs solution appears to work, as Orlando's VBA decompiler.

2013년 2월 9일 토요일 오후 10:06
  • I've just installed win8 32-bit and the problems remain exactly the same as with the Win8 64-bit. Are you using the Intel Power saving Chip instead of your graphics card? It seems to be an Intel-Win8-AMD bug. I've also installed the latest Drivers from HP. But FX2 works perfectly, so whats going on here Microsoft? Get your act together.
    • 답변으로 제안됨 Andy_Shenk 2013년 2월 27일 수요일 오후 10:05
    • 답변으로 제안 취소됨 Andy_Shenk 2013년 2월 27일 수요일 오후 10:05
    • 답변으로 제안됨 Andy_Shenk 2013년 2월 27일 수요일 오후 10:11
    • 답변으로 제안 취소됨 Andy_Shenk 2013년 2월 27일 수요일 오후 10:11
    2013년 2월 14일 목요일 오후 11:05
  • My issue is I need to edit the .xltm file.  When I do any editing and then attempt to save... excel crashes.  My workaround is to open the .xltm and before making any changes, I save it as a .xlsb (binary file).  Then I am able to edit the file and make all my changes.  When compete, I save the file back to a .xltm format.  Hope this helps some of you who are experiencing a similar problem.

2013년 2월 27일 수요일 오후 10:11
  • more than two years but issue still has no fixed.

i found a workaround by repairing office 2013 through this link

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/repair-or-remove-office-2010-HA010357402.aspx

i hope someone finds this helpful too because microsoft isn't.

2013년 5월 23일 목요일 오전 2:04
  • Does anyone know if this is an issue in Office 2013??

I'm still on 2010. I did the old stand-by of opening the sheet in Safe Mode, Adding a blank module, Compiling the code, and Saving.  The file then opened for me again, but it is surely annoying!

2013년 6월 12일 수요일 오후 8:15
  • Hi Orrn777,

I would download Code Cleaner by www.appspro.com.

Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse|Excel MVP|http://www.jkp-ads.com
    2013년 6월 13일 목요일 오전 6:55
  • Inserting blank module worked for me. Thank you!!
    • 편집됨 HM2001 2013년 8월 28일 수요일 오후 4:23
    2013년 8월 28일 수요일 오후 4:23