none
Excel 2010 Get External Data >Microsoft Query is not opening

질문

• Hello all:

I'm working with MS Exel 2010 and have entered a couple of query tables using Data > Get External Data > From other Sources > from Microsoft Query, however, trying to do the same in a new worksheet, Microsoft Query is not opening anymore. 

Have anyone experienced the same before? how to make Micrososft Query to open again?

Thank you in advane for your support

Francisco Amaya from Grayling Industries

2012년 6월 8일 금요일 오후 9:48

답변

• Hi,

Make sure if the following ODBC Data Source Administrator applications can be run properly:
    Under 64-bit platform, for example Windows 7 64-bit:
    32-bit ODBC driver manager
    c:\windows\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
    64-bit ODBC driver manager
    c:\windows\system32\odbcad32.exe.

If so, try starting the Excel in safe mode (Start > Run, Excel.exe /s) to see if the issue can be fixed. If the issue cannot be reproduced in safe mode, some other program may cause the problem. Try disabling all the add-ins in Excel and then open the MS Query again.

Sincerely
    Rex Zhang

Rex Zhang

TechNet Community Support

2012년 6월 11일 월요일 오전 2:47
    중재자

모든 응답

• Hi,

Make sure if the following ODBC Data Source Administrator applications can be run properly:
    Under 64-bit platform, for example Windows 7 64-bit:
    32-bit ODBC driver manager
    c:\windows\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
    64-bit ODBC driver manager
    c:\windows\system32\odbcad32.exe.

If so, try starting the Excel in safe mode (Start > Run, Excel.exe /s) to see if the issue can be fixed. If the issue cannot be reproduced in safe mode, some other program may cause the problem. Try disabling all the add-ins in Excel and then open the MS Query again.

Sincerely
    Rex Zhang

Rex Zhang

TechNet Community Support

2012년 6월 11일 월요일 오전 2:47
    중재자
  • Rex,

Thak you so much for your prompted and detailed reply. I open it in safe mode as suggested and it worked.
    I saved again and next time I opened the file I was able to open MS Query.

Thanks a lot

Sincerely

Francisco Amaya from Grayling Industries

2012년 6월 11일 월요일 오후 3:17