none
Delegate Calendar not showing/resolving Manager

Pergunta

•  We are running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2010, and one particular user is having what I feel is a resolution issue. 

She is set as delegate for her manager and when the manager receives an appointment/meeting request.. it's placed in the managers mailbox, and shows in the delegates view of the managers mailbox. 

When the Calendar item is opened by the delegate, her managers name shown on the appointment is NOT underlined and the schedule is not visible (the gray hash indicating permissions). 

The effect has been the manager is likewise missing details of the appointment such as originator, or organizer and is causing problems. 

Further investigation, when this delegate is removed from the managers mailbox, then the problem goes away, but returns right after setting the delegate again.

Also if the manager opens the appointment first, the problem isn't present, but if the delegate does, that's when it come in.

We have deleted the users (delegates) profile, and erased the OST in hopes of removing local corruption.  We have run Outlook with /cleanrules and /cleanfreebusy.

We have also cleared the NK2Cache (using both deleting it from an email message, and using NK2Edit). 

The last step actually changed the results a bit which now the calendar item shows the managers name, however is still not resolving (showing as underlined) and the schedule info is grayed out.

quarta-feira, 14 de março de 2012 21:59

Respostas

• Yes, I can see the behaviror in my test Exchange 2007 environment. We cannot view the underlined name when the Calendar item is opened by the delegate. However, if the delegate open the manager’s inbox, it could be viewed smoothly.

This occurs because the meeting request that is sent to the delegate is sent through a forward mail action. When a message is forwarded, the recipient information for all other recipients other than the originator and the receiver is not fully populated.

See the link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309185

Feel free to post back. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

sexta-feira, 16 de março de 2012 02:11
    Moderador

Todas as Respostas

• Yes, I can see the behaviror in my test Exchange 2007 environment. We cannot view the underlined name when the Calendar item is opened by the delegate. However, if the delegate open the manager’s inbox, it could be viewed smoothly.

This occurs because the meeting request that is sent to the delegate is sent through a forward mail action. When a message is forwarded, the recipient information for all other recipients other than the originator and the receiver is not fully populated.

See the link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309185

Feel free to post back. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

sexta-feira, 16 de março de 2012 02:11
    Moderador
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

terça-feira, 20 de março de 2012 01:21
    Moderador
  • Hello Tony,

Yes I believe this did the trick.  The user explained a process that she/they use for creating such items for the executives and weeding through the process I believe the condition you outlined was present.  I explained how this was going to cause such problems and worked to suggest better ways to aid them in avoiding this in the future. 

Thanks again for your help!

terça-feira, 20 de março de 2012 18:10