none
Organizing existing Links into Folders.

Pergunta

• Using "SharePoint Server 2007," how do I reorganize the items in the "Links" list into Folders? The dropdown list for the items does not include a move feature. Neither does the Edit Item dialog. Therefore, it seems that items cannot be moved from the root to a folder, but would need to be recreated manually.
    sexta-feira, 6 de janeiro de 2012 18:32

Respostas

Todas as Respostas

• Hi,

You can do this easily by writing code using sharepoint object model to do the same.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    • Editado Rashu,Rahul sábado, 7 de janeiro de 2012 04:05 Typo
    sábado, 7 de janeiro de 2012 04:04
  • Thanks for the information. Can you confirm that links cannot be moved using only the default user interface capabilities?
    sábado, 7 de janeiro de 2012 16:26
  • Hi User01,

You can use the "Site Actions -> Manage Content and Structure" to re-organize the links (e.g. move it from root to folder) in Links list.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

sexta-feira, 13 de janeiro de 2012 11:02
  • I'm sorry, Daniel, but I'm not sure you're right about that.

On my version of Sharepoint 2007, I'm unable to find the "Manage Content and Structure" link anywhere when on the default "Links" page.

Can you please provide a step-by-step example of how to move existing links into a folder?

sexta-feira, 17 de fevereiro de 2012 19:36
  • Hi caseyburk,

You need to active the Publishing Features on your SharePoint 2007 per the following article,

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc627257(v=office.12).aspx

Then you can find Manage Content and Structure under Site Actions, or Site Actions -> Site Settings ->Modify all Site Settings structure.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

sábado, 18 de fevereiro de 2012 03:14
  • Thanks for the quick response, Daniel.

I was unable to find the exact location you noted in your reply, however, I did manage to find what I think you meant for me to find through clicking on "Site Settings / Site Features". I then reviewed the available "Activated" and "Deactivated" features and noticed that the "Office SharePoint Server Publishing" was deactivated. Is this what I need to activate? Note that the explanation of this feature is the following:

Create a Web page library as well as supporting libraries to create and publish pages based on page layouts.

When I try to activate it, I get a "Error: Access Denied" message (obviously, I lack the permissions for this--which is rediculous because all I'm trying to do is simply activate this thing for no other reason than to avoid being forced to recreat links).

SO... I guess I need to let my boss know about this in order to get this thing activated?

segunda-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2012 15:37