none
two-way domain trust SharePoint

Вопрос

• Hi Guys,

We have 2-way trust and environment is as sharepoint 2007 OS server 2003. When i try to search users from 2nd domain, i cant find users.

when i do search on server 2008, i can find users.

How/what should i do on 2003 OS, so i can find users from 2nd domain while using People finder in sharepoint.

Thanks,

G

gurvinder

8 февраля 2012 г. 19:00

Ответы

• If I understand you correctly, you have a MOSS 2007 farm with the SharePoint servers running Windows Server 2003. You have two domains which have a two-way domain trust. I am assuming SharePoint is installed to servers in DOMAIN1 and you want the People Picker to return users from DOMAIN2.

Out of the box this should work without any configuration. Was the domain trust previously different (perhaps a one-way trust)? Is the trust recent?

Also, can you please clarify what you mean when you say "when i do a search on server 2008?"

• Помечено в качестве ответа Wayne Fan 20 февраля 2012 г. 11:10
    8 февраля 2012 г. 23:49
  •  Hi,

I agree with Jason. By default, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 talks to the domain controller for the domain in which Office SharePoint Server 2007 was installed and all trusted domains for two-way trusted domains.

People Picker will issue queries to all two-way trusted domains and two-way trusted forests to search People & Groups out-of-the-box. People Picker uses the Windows SharePoint Services Web Application logon identity to access the target domain/forest.  If the Web Application pool does not have access to the target domain/forest, People Picker will need to be configured to use an account with access to the target domain/forest using the following STSADM operations:

STSADM –o setapppassword –password <password>

For the detailed information, see http://blogs.technet.com/b/wbaer/archive/2007/02/21/configuring-sharepoint-products-and-technologies-for-cross-forest-deployments.aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263460(office.12).aspx

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Rock Wang TechNet Community Support

• Помечено в качестве ответа Wayne Fan 20 февраля 2012 г. 11:10
    9 февраля 2012 г. 7:28
  • hi guys issue resolved, i had to add IP address to tunel, and once I did that everythings works for me.

Thanks Everyone for help

gurvinder

• Помечено в качестве ответа Gurvinder Gill 22 февраля 2012 г. 15:12
    22 февраля 2012 г. 15:12

Все ответы