none
Display name issue

Soru

• I have one user for which i changed the name in AD, removed him from Lync and then reconfigured him, deleted is profile from the users.

but when this user signs is again its display name in lync automatically changed to previous one, i do not know from where Lync client is picking that name and how to resolve this issue, any idea guys. 

16 Haziran 2012 Cumartesi 14:52

Yanıtlar

• Hi Tanveer,

How long have you waited between changing the name and logging back in.

It could be that the address book hasnt been updated at all, you could force the address book to update update-csaddressbook from the Lymc management shell, but if the client that you are using to check the hasnt downloaded the latest address book, the new name wont appear.

Im assuming by now that the automatic address bgook update would have happened its just a matter of having the clinet download the latest address book.

This could take upto 24 hours to happen, so you can either delete the address book files, and wait the 0-60 mins for the download to happen or run the reg hack to get the address book to download straight away

hope that makes sence.

J

• Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen tanveer.ahmad 18 Haziran 2012 Pazartesi 16:16
    18 Haziran 2012 Pazartesi 02:12

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Hi Tanveer,

How long have you waited between changing the name and logging back in.

It could be that the address book hasnt been updated at all, you could force the address book to update update-csaddressbook from the Lymc management shell, but if the client that you are using to check the hasnt downloaded the latest address book, the new name wont appear.

Im assuming by now that the automatic address bgook update would have happened its just a matter of having the clinet download the latest address book.

This could take upto 24 hours to happen, so you can either delete the address book files, and wait the 0-60 mins for the download to happen or run the reg hack to get the address book to download straight away

hope that makes sence.

J

• Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen tanveer.ahmad 18 Haziran 2012 Pazartesi 16:16
    18 Haziran 2012 Pazartesi 02:12
  • As you know, Lync will retrieve the user's Display Name from Active Directory attribute.

I’ve test in my environment. It will change the display name right away. And you can also try to sign in from another machine.

Noya Lau

TechNet Community Support

18 Haziran 2012 Pazartesi 10:02
  • i changed for my but it took around a day i think JMH is right here.
    18 Haziran 2012 Pazartesi 16:16