none
Error when importing EPS files in Publisher 2010

Soru

• Whenever I attempt to insert an EPS file (possibly other image types as well) into a Publisher document I get a prompt asking for what type of file the source is and then this error:

"An error occurred while importing this file."

This is running as a Citrix Published Application running on Server 2008 R2 and I've found that this does not happen outside of Citrix.  If i login directly to the server via RDP or right from the console I do not get this issue.  I've posted in the Citrix Forums and it looks like this is something to do with MS Publisher and not being able to use the Explorer shell.

http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?threadID=307437

Researched this error and found this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224744 (This is unacceptable since the file needs to be in EPS format to keep functionality)

There was another article but I cannot find it for the life of me at this time but it suggested that you uninstall and reinstall Office or repair Office.  I did both with no luck.

I am able to get Citrix to open up publisher with the shell by initiating this command:

explorer.exe /root,D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSPUB.exe

With this command firing up Publisher I'm able to import EPS files with no problem.  However I cannot pass an argument to this command so double clicking documents in our Citrix portal do not open up the document but rather just opens up a blank Publisher file.  So this isn't a good "solution."

I should not have to make this command to just be able to import images as a workaround.  Anyone run into this in their Citrix environments?  Microsoft, do you have anything that can be tweaked with Publisher to allow this to work as normal in a Citrix environment?

19 Haziran 2012 Salı 17:35

Tüm Yanıtlar

• It seems other graphic format is OK to import even on Citrix, like JPEG or PNG, right?

Daisy Cao

TechNet Community Support

21 Haziran 2012 Perşembe 02:16
    Moderatör
  • Yes, other image types are fine.  Just tested JPEG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, and bitmap without any issues.  EPS seems to be my main issue.
    25 Haziran 2012 Pazartesi 15:22
  • Did anyone every discover a fix for this issue? I am experiencing the exact same situation within the same Publisher, windows and citrix versions.

Thanks for any help you can give!

27 Ocak 2014 Pazartesi 18:23
  • I was able to get a workaround for this. I made a .cmd and put this into it:

if [%1]==[] explorer2.exe /root,D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSPUB.exe %1
    if [%1] NEQ [] "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSPUB.exe" %1

You will need to change your paths to your MSPub.exe and if you are using explorer.exe change that as well.  We use explorer2.exe since we've found issues with using the original explorer.exe.

Once you have that CMD file made.  Save it to your Xenapp boxes in the same location and then point your published app to that file to launch Publisher.

This worked for us but I'm not sure  if it will work for anyone else but give it a go and let me know.

27 Ocak 2014 Pazartesi 20:14