none
Error in designer while copying master page.

Soru

• Hi all,

I have a site collection A and a subsite B in that. When i try to take a copy of default.master and paste it in _catalogs folder from sharepoint designer it is showing an error " The server could not complete your request.Contact your internet service provider or web service administrator to make sure that the server has the front page server extentions or sharepoint services installed ". But when i do the same in subsite there is no problem. I tried recycling the application pool. But it didn't work. How will i be able to correct it?

Regards,

Simi J

15 Şubat 2012 Çarşamba 10:18

Yanıtlar

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Also if i try to open the file it is showing "There is no file with the URL '' in the path". But the file exists in master page gallery. Also if i open the site collection in open site in designer i am not able to open the master page of subsite also. If i open the subsite directly in opensite in sharepoint designer (2007) there is no issue with copying or editing or opening master page.
    15 Şubat 2012 Çarşamba 10:34
  •  

Hi Simi J,

There are many reasons case this .you can check your page like the following .

1. if you have some change in your master page, please publish the master page. if the copy file is  exists in master page gallery, please also publish it .
    2. If you have some web part on your master page, please insure there are work well. If not work, please delete the web part with the problem or fix it.
    3. go to your Central Administration and then navigate to Application Management --> Authentication Providers --> Default. On this page, you can enable client.

Here is link about this ,and the solution is given.

http://voices.yahoo.com/sharepoint-designer-error-server-could-not-complete-7419812.html

Thanks,

Jack

16 Şubat 2012 Perşembe 06:54