none
Unable to open Excel - Office 2010

Soru

• I am using Office 2010 . Whenever i try to open an Excel sheet , I get an errror  - Excel cannot open the file ~$Book.xltx because the file format or file extension is not valid . Verify that the file is not corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file .

Once i click ok, im allowed to open the excel sheet . But i do not want to face this error everytime i open any excel file

I did some google search and one of the solution stated was to delete all files from the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\XLSTART . I checked and there were no files in the XLSTARt  folder . Can some one help ?

13 Mart 2012 Salı 10:34

Yanıtlar

•  I could get the solution from some research . Here is the solution :

Open excel file - press alt- f11 . Then ctrl-G .... Then type ?application.startuppath

This will give the path where your excel takes as default . Delete any  book or scrap files you see in this path. 

(Mostly it will be C:\Users\[urProfile]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART    )

:) :)

• Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen manISRT 14 Mart 2012 Çarşamba 17:20
    14 Mart 2012 Çarşamba 17:20

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Can someone pls help  ?
    14 Mart 2012 Çarşamba 15:18
  •  I could get the solution from some research . Here is the solution :

Open excel file - press alt- f11 . Then ctrl-G .... Then type ?application.startuppath

This will give the path where your excel takes as default . Delete any  book or scrap files you see in this path. 

(Mostly it will be C:\Users\[urProfile]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART    )

:) :)

• Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen manISRT 14 Mart 2012 Çarşamba 17:20
    14 Mart 2012 Çarşamba 17:20
  • Hi,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Best regards,

Rex Zhang

TechNet Community Support

20 Mart 2012 Salı 02:34
    Moderatör