none
Outlook 2010 - Reading Pane doesn't always blank

问题

• I believe this has occurred on Office 2007, but I'm not sure.  I know this occurs on Office 2010 Beta and the RTM release.

Very simple to reproduce:

1. Make sure your Reading Pane is set to 'Right'.
    2. Click on an email in your Inbox.
    3. It will display in the Reading Pane on the right.
    4. Click the Delete toolbar button, and the email disappears from the Inbox folder view.
    5. However, the email remains in the Reading Pane until you do something else like click another folder, then go back to the Inbox.

Is this happening for everyone?  Just curious....

Thank you!

Michael R.

Michael Reinders, MCITP:Enterprise Administrator Tushaus Computer Services
    2010年5月4日 18:41

答案

• All,

This issue is an Outlook bug which the MVPs recently reported.  As Alan notes, if there is one item left in the Inbox and then you delete the email then it will still show inside the reading pane.  It stays until you switch folders or click on the Calendar or other feature. 

If this issue becomes business critical, please open a Support Case with Microsoft and it can be escalated for hotfix consideration in a more timely fashion, http://support.microsoft.com/ph/14864#tab0.

The bug will be considered for a fix in future updates and service packs.

Thanks
    gabe

2010年5月14日 20:22

全部回复

• 2010年5月4日 19:05
  • Hi Michael,

I have tested this issue on my side, but it did not occur on my side, either.

You can also create a new Outlook profile and test this issue.

Regards,

Sally Tang

2010年5月5日 8:40
  • Are you using Exchange?
    Which version of Exchange are you using?

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info
    2010年5月5日 8:53
  • Yes, I'm connected to an Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 server using Outlook 2010 x64.

Michael R.

2010年5月5日 13:00
  • Michael, I'm running Office 2010 Pro Plus and I'm having the same problem and it's not just the Inbox folder with which it is associated (for me, anyway).  I'm running Windows 7 on a non-networked computer, Outlook 2010, POP3 account.

Bob E.

2010年5月12日 0:34
  • I also have the exact same thing with my fresh install of Office 2010 Pro downloaded from my Action Pack.  I also noticed this issue while using the beta version but I uninstalled that a few months ago.  I just did a complete removal of Office 2007 and install 2010.  I am using a hosted exchange 2007 account from 1and1.com.

If I have 1 item in my inbox and select it the email is displayed in the reading pane.  If I delete or move that email from the inbox the email still shows inside the reading pain although the inbox is empty.

Is not tha big of a deal except maybe I wanted to delete that and don't want someone walking by and seeing what used to be on my screen or something.

2010年5月12日 3:01
  • All,

This issue is an Outlook bug which the MVPs recently reported.  As Alan notes, if there is one item left in the Inbox and then you delete the email then it will still show inside the reading pane.  It stays until you switch folders or click on the Calendar or other feature. 

If this issue becomes business critical, please open a Support Case with Microsoft and it can be escalated for hotfix consideration in a more timely fashion, http://support.microsoft.com/ph/14864#tab0.

The bug will be considered for a fix in future updates and service packs.

Thanks
    gabe

2010年5月14日 20:22
  • this can be fixed by changing the reading pane options to "Mark item as read when selection changes...

Doug

2010年5月28日 15:43
  • the default is "mark item as read when selection changes". I tried playing with this setting and didn't get a change in behavior.

2010年6月2日 12:42
  • I believe this has occurred on Office 2007, but I'm not sure.  I know this occurs on Office 2010 Beta and the RTM release.

Very simple to reproduce:

1. Make sure your Reading Pane is set to 'Right'.
    2. Click on an email in your Inbox.
    3. It will display in the Reading Pane on the right.
    4. Click the Delete toolbar button, and the email disappears from the Inbox folder view.
    5. However, the email remains in the Reading Pane until you do something else like click another folder, then go back to the Inbox.

Is this happening for everyone?  Just curious....

Thank you!

Michael R.

I have the same problem
    2010年6月16日 19:21
  • I opened up a trouble ticket
    2010年6月16日 21:08
  • the workaround for this is to click Show As Conversations on the view. That has the side-effect of enabling threaded conversations which you might not like (I'm not a huge fan... but it's ok) But it does eliminate the annoying issue with leaving behind data in the reading pane, so for me at least it's been a worthwhile change.

2010年7月1日 20:10