none
Does zipping project files to email increase the chances of file corruption?

General discussion

• Hi

Just wondered if anyone could advise if zipping project files to email them increase the chances of file corruption?

Thanks Steve

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 1:50 PM

All replies

• I would think that zipping them decreases the chance becuase if on the receiving end they are "unzippable", then the file was probably transferred correctly.

While in today's world we take for granted the ability to "send a file", it's an incredibly complex process and the designers of the Internet did wonderous things in designing that functionality.

--rms www.rmschneider.com

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 7:25 PM
  • I would agree that zipping will have little chance of increasing the chances of issues - most problems i have seen come from different versions o Project, a PC not powerful enough to run project or plain unlucky chance.

HTH

Miles

Friday, February 10, 2012 10:17 AM
  • Oh no i just noticed i have reported this as abuse (by accident) im so sorry MilesS2111S. I hope i havent got you into trouble! Does any one know how i remove this action?
    Thursday, March 01, 2012 5:24 PM
  • IMO, I guess the moderators have already noticed that it was by accident so no problem.

Thursday, March 01, 2012 5:49 PM
  • >> Just wondered if anyone could advise if zipping project files to email them increase the chances of file corruption?

It may happen. I would suggest you use a checksum verifier.

Thursday, March 01, 2012 6:02 PM