none
2007: The dreaded 'file not found' VBA Error when opening project

Question

• I've searched and found other instances of this problem but no solution other than exporting to XML and recreating the project plan.  Like others, I get VBA "File not found" error two times when opening a particular project plan.  Upon going into the VBA editor, I note that the node for the VBAProject("[project name]") is missing.  My client is patched to 2007SP2 with some hotfixes (12.0.6554.5001)
    Terrie T - MCTS - PMP - MBA****PMO & Project Server Admin
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 7:37 PM

Answers

• Holding shift down eliminates one of the two dialogs, but not both...and you still get it when checking back in.  Again, the root cause is the missing VBA Project node for the project.  I tried copying one in via the Organizer to no avail.  So far no solution found other than exporting/recreating the plan. 
    Wednesday, September 07, 2011 1:25 PM

All replies

• Terrie,

Have you tried opening the project with the shift key held down?  This will prevent any auto run macros from running.

Regards,

Gregg D. Richie, PMP, MCTS; Author, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Official Academic Course Series
    Saturday, September 03, 2011 6:52 PM
  • Hello Terrie,

How is your progress so far ?

Regards. --Ismet

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 9:31 AM
  • Holding shift down eliminates one of the two dialogs, but not both...and you still get it when checking back in.  Again, the root cause is the missing VBA Project node for the project.  I tried copying one in via the Organizer to no avail.  So far no solution found other than exporting/recreating the plan. 
    Wednesday, September 07, 2011 1:25 PM
  • Thank you for the feedback. 
    Regards. --Ismet
    Wednesday, September 07, 2011 1:47 PM