none
MS Project Error: Gantt-Chart does not show (or anything else for that matter)

Question

• Dear Forum, 

I have been having this problem with my trial version of MS Project 2010 professional (still 24 days of trial to go): My projects open, I can save them, but their contents do not show. I have attached a screenshot of the problem. What is the reason for this annoying bug?

Thank you very much, your help is appeciated. 

Best regards, 

Lukas

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 7:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Lukas,

Seems a strange issue :) please try to click on View -> Window Tab -> Hide/Unhide if this works; else click on Details and check if something is opening or not.

Last but not least View ->Window ->Click on Arrange All icon (this icon is between Switch Window & Hide Window). 

Sapna S

• Marked as answer by lbischof Wednesday, April 04, 2012 6:55 AM
    Tuesday, April 03, 2012 12:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Lukas,

Please provide more info, how can you open and save a project if its content is not visible. Are you trying to open the older versions of the Project or are they of 2010?

Sapna S

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 8:18 AM
  • Dear Sapna, 

I have only ever used this version. I can open files (but nothing shows, as above). When I close MS project it asks me if I want to save my changes for all of the files that I had "opened". It seems to me like it is working, but it does not show anything on the screen. 

Lukas

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 8:21 AM
  • Lukas --

Out of curiosity, did you activate the trial software?  Let us know and we will try to help.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]
    VP of Educational Services
    msProjectExperts
    http://www.msprojectexperts.com
    http://www.projectserverexperts.com
    "We write the books on Project Server"

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 12:31 PM
  • Hi Lukas,

Seems a strange issue :) please try to click on View -> Window Tab -> Hide/Unhide if this works; else click on Details and check if something is opening or not.

Last but not least View ->Window ->Click on Arrange All icon (this icon is between Switch Window & Hide Window). 

Sapna S

• Marked as answer by lbischof Wednesday, April 04, 2012 6:55 AM
    Tuesday, April 03, 2012 12:37 PM
  • Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem with MS Project 2010 Std. Sapna, when you click View->Window->Arrange All the windows do then appear and the filename show in the program header. So the projects are open, they are just not displaying. It is annoying. 

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 11:02 PM
  • yup, that did it for me as well. It is still annoying of course, so a patch might be in order..
    Wednesday, April 04, 2012 6:55 AM
  • Hi Keithrd,

Are you using Trial version?

Sapna S

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 7:51 AM
  • No, fully licensed activated version.
    Wednesday, April 04, 2012 9:42 AM
  • Does it have latest SP & Updates; please try to run repair on the tool once.

Sapna S

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 10:05 AM
  • This just happened to me today and the fix suggested above worked great, thank you. However, any ideas into what caused it? I know that I had opened a new project while I still had my current project open. When I closed the new project, I then had the issue. Not sure what I did in the meantime.
    Friday, February 01, 2013 10:41 PM
  • Do you have SP-1 installed to Project 2010?  What are you settings under File > Options, Advanced - Display "Show Windows in Task bar."

Julie

Saturday, February 02, 2013 10:43 PM